It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mindset changing influences and events.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Chances are, everyone out there at some time in their life, have experienced at least one event or one imput of information that has altered their mindset into a new, more positive direction.

Even small things such as a few spoken words can somehow turn ones mindset from negative to positive.

The following interview with Michael Caine just blew me away at the time....Use the Difficulty

I have adapted his philosophy since the day I first saw the interview.
Yeah bad luck comes....but good luck can follow as a result in some shape or form

Many mindset changing events have happened in my life, some major, many minor, but it would be cool to hear about other peoples experiences and turning points.

Oh if this thread bums btw, I'll just "use the difficulty" and pat myself on the back for a tour-de-force performance of zero reply brilliance !!!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I believe a mind is different everyday, a man may not notice the change in his thought pattern, then again me might causing him to go into a totally different frame of mind, I believe there are Many, many mind sets that anyone can experience at any point of any day, these mindsets are probably controlled by surroundings and stimuli.

The mind is an unsafe thing, it can drive someone to murder or cause them to take on a true act of compassion depending on so many things they experience in every day life.

That's why as humans were are not 100% accountable for all our actions.
edit on 4/3/12 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
I believe a mind is different everyday, a man may not notice the change in his thought pattern, then again me might causing him to go into a totally different frame of mind, I believe there are Many, many mind sets that anyone can experience at any point of any day, these mindsets are probably controlled by surroundings and stimuli.

The mind is an unsafe thing, it can drive someone to murder or cause them to take on a true act of compassion depending on so many things they experience in every day life.

That's why as humans were are not 100% accountable for all our actions.
edit on 4/3/12 by TedHodgson because: spelling

Oh I agree, our mindset is forever changing, and the influences and as you say,stimuli around us, allows our mindset to evolve throughout our brief visit to this earthly dimension.

But certain mindset changes do remain with us forever.
They become a design for life, their power remains embedded in our mind, our soul.

I agree as well that we are certainly not 100% accountable for our actions, the mind controls everything. The brain projects the images we view, and the projector could well be screening a totally different movie to some people. Maybe the uncut version !!

I sometimes wonder if anything is real, if our mind is just a programme and whatever course we take in life was pre-determined from our very conception.

Thanks for your reply, interesting.

Plus I don't need to use the difficulty now

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

That's a great philosophy from Michael Caine there! I like it!

I saw the Dalai Lama when he visited Manchester last weekend.

I'm not a Buddhist but his points about forgiveness and compassion struck a chord with me.

I'm trying to take what he said and apply it to my daily life.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
One thing that definately changed my attitude about life was a near fatal accident, To this day I still can't believe I dodged that bullet.
Thank you father

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
One thing that definately changed my attitude about life was a near fatal accident, To this day I still can't believe I dodged that bullet.
Thank you father

Yeah I also dodged a few fatal bullets, and it defo changes your life. After dodging the last ricochet, a few years ago, it actually transformed me into a different person...both physically and mentally.
I am unrecognisable now from the person I was and it feels GREAT !!!

Use the difficulty....oh yeah baby !!

top topics

join