It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspected Islamists burn down seven Nigerian schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Reuters - Suspected Islamists burn down seven Nigerian schools

MAIDUGURI, Nigeria (Reuters) - Arsonists suspected to be members of Islamist sect Boko Haram have burned down seven schools in northeastern Nigeria the past few days, authorities said on Thursday, a new twist in the group's increasingly violent insurgency. Thousands of children have been left without schools in the middle of their term.

Boko Haram, an Islamist movement styled on the Taliban, is waging a low level insurgency against the government that is radiating out from its heartland in the remote northeastern city of Maiduguri right across the north.

Its name means "Western education is sinful", after the ant-Western teachings of its early spiritual leader Mohammed Yusuf, who was killed in police custody in 2009.

:shk: Radical religions and/or cults always fear truth and education.
Heck .. even the non-radical ones are known to fear truth and education at times.

"Science without Religion Is Lame, Religion without Science Is Blind" - Albert Einstein

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I have a Cameroonian friend and she knows like most others that islamists in africa are amongst the most violent. Why this is, is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"suspected"

I have a friend who says

well then, case closed

edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I watched a documentary last night about the genocide that's happening ini darfur. it's mind blowing.
entire villages of black Africans are being burned and hacked to pieces. children, mothers and fathers. everyone.

I honestly doubt most of the population even knows this is going on.
little to zero media coverage...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate666
I have a Cameroonian friend and she knows like most others that islamists in africa are amongst the most violent. Why this is, is anyone's guess.

My Algerian friend who served in the Algerian army said the same thing. He used to fight the Islamic Extremists in the Algerian desert. He said the extremists are crazy people who don't support the Muslim world as well as the Western world. Islamic Extremists are not part of the Muslim culture. They are very brutal and have done nasty things to the Algerian people.

The problem we have here is the people of the west are putting the 2 together as one. Basically saying the Extremists and the Muslims are the same people when clearly they are not. This is raising a lot of racist voices from the west against the Muslim world. I work in Algeria and apart from their belief in the Invisible Man there is nothing wrong with them.

This is getting out of hand. First the American soldiers peeing on dead Taliban, American Soldiers burning the Qur'an, Islamic Extremists desecrating graves in Libya and now this.

Something is brewing and it doesn't look good. Makes me think of that Albert Pike letter sent in 1871. Looks kinda close to the mark with what's going on around the world just now.

"The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time."

The Three World Wars

Hmmmmmmmmmm........................

top topics

join