It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama/Netanyahu debating postponing attack on Iran until after US general election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Called it...well, not on this site but I (and many others on this site, I would think) saw this coming from a mile away.

Article link.

Despite claims to the contrary by some Democracts I've talked to, Obama has still proven himself to be just as much of a warmonger as GWB - hinting to some 'common denominator' in their collective military strategy, but that's neither here nor there. Looks like he's trying to convince Netanyahu to postpone their (and our) inevitable attack on Iran until after Obama gets re-elected.

It seems like a pretty obvious move. If he ordered a 'preemptive' strike on Iran (assuming they don't attack first), he'd risk losing support from his Democratic - and more importantly *independent* - base. Seems like a pretty good game plan for him: standby as the GOP tears itself apart with a brokered convention, driven primarily by the fervent Paul supporters, who in all likeliness will promptly depart the GOP if/when Paul doesn't get the nomination and/or the chosen candidate refuses to stand behind any of his foreign policy ideas. Then, once he's back in, he can satisfy his puppet-masters by starting another war, without fear of reprisal (as we know, you only get impeached if you sleep with the interns
)

What a heck of a situation over there. Between what is basically a guarantee of an attack by our President, and a growing support for Islamic fundamentalism in the Iranian government, I can't foresee any good outcome from this.
edit on 4-3-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2012 by CaptainIraq because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
ummm
the fundamnentalist Iranian government like the US govenment is run by leaders bought and paid for
with OIL MONEY from the same bankers

who put the fun in fund..fundimental....its all a comin fundone..yee ha!
edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainIraq

Well it does seem a bit odd...If you are not going to go to war....why would we agree not to go to war....To me it seems that the agreement to go to war was already on the table and an agreement to postpone the time of intervention was what was agreed....Interesting line of decietfulness again.

Why is it upto Israel...the States or any other government to go to war....It would seem that it should always be upto the people to decide....Afterall...i guess i will be completely naive here......Is that not waht a democracy is about.....ask the people if they want to go to war.....Now in a comunist state would it not be the government that say....we are going to war and thats that.

America is not a democracy.....It is a dictatorship....Your votes count for nothing and it makes no difference whom gets elected.....Now that staement gos for any and all countries that does not put the choice to the people...If you do not get permission from your populace....then that war should be deemed illegal no matter what....that would be a truer democracy.
edit on 083131p://f47Sunday by plube because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by CaptainIraq

America is not a democracy.....It is a dictatorship....Your votes count for nothing and it makes no difference whom gets elected.....Now that staement gos for any and all countries that does not put the choice to the people...If you do not get permission from your populace....then that war should be deemed illegal no matter what....that would be a truer democracy.

Ain't that the truth, brother, ain't that the truth. I think part of the problem is that the average American doesn't treat our Democracy like a Democracy. Democracies require a politically active, educated populace that stays informed on the important political discussions. One would think that our representative elections would be just as, if not more, important than the Presidential election.

We treat our democracy like a dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is an excellent thread topic that shows the level of distraction that is given us on issues of importance.

While the politics of attacking Iran or not attacking Iran is blatantly being planned and discussed in the media, Russia and China and even Pakistan are in total agreement that Israel and or the USA better not attack Iran or else suffer the grave consequences of such an attack.

I mention this because while Obama and Netanyahu politicize a world war and sit around discussing who is going to do what when and why not, this is exactly the mind dribble that prevents us from realizing what I stated in my second paragraph about Russia and China and others not allowing such an attack to go unpunished.

Now, if Israel and the USA use the same lame justification that Iran is a future threat to world peace, then the actions of Israel and the USA and even the UK are all clear and present dangers perceived by Russia and China as they have stated in numerous media reports.

Anyone who hasn't begun thinking that by using the same lame justification that Israel and the USA are using for wanting to attack Iran, these are the exact same reasons and justification that Russia and China and others could use to strike the USA first in an all out coordinated attack. Only by striking Israel and America first will the problems that no one wants in the Middle East be prevented from happening.

While many sit an discuss when Iran will be attacked and whether such an attack will help or hinder the Obama re-election process, this type of political irresponsibility is only proving again to the rest of the world that if America and Israel are allowed to plot and plan and logistically support a war, then it only stands to reason that an all out first strike on America and Israel and even the UK is needed to prevent what China and Russia have stated they will not tolerate.

I guess Israel and Obama think China and Russia must be bluffing, but something tells me that we better get a focus on the clear and present danger that such political talk and planning for war could do to American if such irresponsible behavior is not ceased.

Turning a global war into some type of political drama for media coverage and social ratings that might influence the electorate is to me just another example of just how far out of control our leaders have become.

Such examples of failed leadership is to me quite reminiscent of Rome burning while Nero played the violin. Politicians so far removed from reality that they dont even know how stupid they truly are because with nothing but yes men around such political types, is it any wonder they will sit and talk world war planning as if they are doing something truly noble?

What a joke they are, but none the less they are truly dangerous jokers to sit around and openly discuss their plans for the future death and destruction of innocent people around the world while thinking that no one will do anything to them.

This is the failed leadership that will ensure America is suddenly attacked first and with thermonuclear bombs, not just political words or meaningless threats.

I dont think China and or Russia are bluffing, but I do see the Obama bluff and it so transparent, that the rest of the world must be laughing out-loud hoping Russia or China or both show Israel and America just how stupid arrogantly and foolish Obama and Netanyahu truly appear to the rest of the world.

I fear that the continuance of such irresponsible talk from Obama and Netanyahu will encourage a first strike upon America, not diminish it. This is what is missing from all the Iran this, Iran that, Iran must be stopped discussions. The fact that to prevent such an attack and situation in the Middle East from ever occurring, then it makes sense to surprise attack Israel and the USA with a massive and crippling attack first.

Since the USA through NATO and the UN have shown their arrogance and willingness to do whatever they please, then to me, at some point, the rest of the world just might begin to see that they must act first or be subject to continued Imperial aggression from those that the world have come to hate, not respect.

Standing up to Israel and America and the UK is seen as being against the true evil in this world and with such a basis, a nuclear first strike makes good sense for it will be to prevent the spread of true evil in the world.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm watching Prez Obama right now on CSpan speak about israel Israel Israel, they are so so important, they must be supported (at all costs..) and God bless em, aren't they able to protect themselves BY NOW? Are they worried about an extraterrestrial Independence Day? Cuz I don't know why they keep needing more and more and more blackworld Orwellian tech and weaponry. And more and more.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In one way or another pretty much the US has had Israel's back since it's inception.

But over the last 10-15 years , I've never seen it so Blatant.

If you listen to the underlying message of a lot of Congressmen and Federal Politican's, you can hear the Israel First manta.

It's sickening.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Unfortunately, our President doesn't have a reputation for being straight forward and dependable. I can't see why Netanyahu would give up the option of an attack for almost a year, just to help Obama get re-elected. If he does get re-elected, why should Netanyahu believe any of Obama's promises will be kept? He has a terrible track record so far, and Netanyahu couldn't threaten him with anything.

Again, Obama is saying "You give up something real, and I'll give up a meaningless promise." I would be surprised if Netanyahu fell for it.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Netanyahu has been told in no uncertain terms that he will never be allowed to Nuke anybody..
i know this as fact..reply to post by CaptainIraq

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Again, Obama is saying "You give up something real, and I'll give up a meaningless promise." I would be surprised if Netanyahu fell for it.

You have to remember, Israel needs the US, Military wise.
The US needs no one, Military wise.
I'mayahoo wont attack Iran without sworn support from the US, It could spell the end of Israel if he did.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Dear Tw0Sides,

Well then, Israel won't attack Iran. I know what a sworn promise from Obama means to me, and I don't think it means anymore to Netanyahu. So Israel will never get an assurance of support that means anything.

And if Israel doesn't attack Iran, then we won't either. So, there we go. Peace has been reestablished. I feel better.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
where is the price of oil to day?

from veterans today

As the Jewish state of Israel continues to pressure the politicians in the United States to take actions against Iran, Iran is taking action to defend itself. One of these actions is threatening to close the Strait of Hormuz. Even the threat of that happening is causing gas prices to increase. If Israel is as successful in getting the U.S. political whores in Congress and the White House to start a war in Iran as they were in getting them to start the war in Iraq, the pain at the pump will be unbearable for the average American.

The Obama administration openly says that an Israeli strike on Iran will cause major problems and difficulties for the American economy. I’m sure Obama would rather wait until after the election to start a war with Iran. It’s much more politically expedient that way.

It’s interesting to note that in the article linked above, Adam Hersh, an economist at the Center for American Progress, said, “If Iran is to retaliate against Israel or other U.S. targets, it’s really unpredictable. It’s safe to say there would be a big shock to oil prices.” ISRAEL IS NOT A U.S. TARGET – ISRAEL IS AN ISRAELI TARGET! The traitors in Washington and the neoconservatives in Israel and the U.S. have done such a complete job of meshing America with Israel they now simply classify Israel as an American target.

If Obama cared at all about America and her people at a bare minimum he would threaten Israel with stopping the over $3 BILLION the U.S. politicians take from American tax payers every year and give to their bosses in Israel. He has not done that. He seems most concerned with putting off an attack on Iran until after the elections.

www.veteranstoday.com...

without the zionist and or banker support forget reselection as president

edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

top topics

join