It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost clapping...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Taken on a mobile phone last weekend. Will try and find out location details etc.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Looks like ambient light to me.

How do you get "ghost" from that patch of light?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Ghost Capture App for iPhone.

It's the one in the upper right corner of the picture in the link above. Fail.
edit on 4-3-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Edit: Yup its the iphone ap thing, the shape is identical to one of the "ghosts"

Fake and ghey

edit on 4-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Close this ridiculous thread. It is a well known phone app:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Wow, 8 years ... Hope you really didn't know, because people get banned for posting obvious hoaxes.

;(

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Whilst I'm waiting to hear back what phone was used. It also raises a valid point, there is simply no way in this day and age of providing any evidence of the paranormal that is beyond refute.

Anecdotal - this is so open to abuse, one person word against another
Photo - Adobe image enhancement or other
Video - Adobe video enhancement or other
Sound - Adobe sound enhancement or other
Physical evidence - like an aport. Again can be faked and placed.

What is left?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucifuge
Whilst I'm waiting to hear back what phone was used. It also raises a valid point, there is simply no way in this day and age of providing any evidence of the paranormal that is beyond refute.

Anecdotal - this is so open to abuse, one person word against another
Photo - Adobe image enhancement or other
Video - Adobe video enhancement or other
Sound - Adobe sound enhancement or other
Physical evidence - like an aport. Again can be faked and placed.

What is left?

It's hard to capture photographic evidence with cameras that only measure light if the thing you are trying to photograph is sensed psychically. This photo you posted was an obvious fake, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt if you tell me you were given it by someone else and you weren't aware of the phone app. But, those are obvious fakes and quite easy to debunk. I'd say 99% or more of so-called ghost pictures are not paranormal. Some faked. Most just misinterpreted.

In some cases, there are reports of measurable temperature changes during a paranormal event. If this is the case, infrared cameras that can sense heat can 'see' the shapes of these areas and record them. Also, light anomalies, which are moving little balls of light that glow and can be seen with the naked eye, can be captured quite nicely on video. They are harder to fake if they are seen moving across air as well as solid things like walls.

I'm not convinced most EVPs are paranormal because too much sound enhancement is used and there is too much chance of radio or other interference. I'm a little happier if the recorder in placed in a farraday cage, but even then, these can be manipulated.

Objects moving can be caught on camera.

But basically, you're right. Most of the measurement devices we have are not up to measuring things best sensed with your sixth sense. And you have to trust someone didn't lie about the conditions when the evidence was captured. Also, too many people are running all over playing ghost buster, and have no idea what they are doing.

So, yeah, it's hard to get good evidence. But that doesn't rule out the possibility that there are things going on out there that are beyond explanations left to mainstream science, which traditionally looks to a materialist explanation for everything.

But there is also a lot of interesting research being undertaken by serious scientists about the nature of memory, consciousness, morphic fields, psi, telekinesis, remote viewing, etc. The research just doesn't normally trickle down to the ghost hunting enthusiasts.
edit on 4-3-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join