It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I understand why there are so many ships in the Gulf of Aden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok so maybe I am having a Revelation... or maybe Im trying to dig a full circle around myself. I was reading this BBC news article about China's defense spending and at the very end of the article something caught my eye.

As you all can see China has capabilities to take out ships within a good radius. Strategically speaking countries would probably station themselves just out of range. Conveniently enough its a very close gulf and safe from any anti-ship missiles...

If I am wrong about this then I guess its funny how things work sometimes.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Nah....couldnt be could it?
You have a real good point there...this diagram says it all.......good find
s&f

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yep, I think you have it. You can bet your boots that's no coincidence.

Good job.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Nice theory, but if true, it doesn't spell good things for the 36,000 military personnel in Japan in 130+ facilities. Or the 29,000 personnel in Korea spread across 20 bases. Plus all the weaponry, craft, equipment, etc. Or the entire Pacific Command for that matter, which makes up about 20% of all active U.S. forces (roughly 300,000 personnel with all their ships, carriers, aircraft, equipment, etc). You may be on to something, but considering the above numbers, I'm chalking it up to coinky-dink.

And I think the unrest/potential for conflict in Iran/Syria/North Africa/and much of the rest of the region may have a bit to do with it.
edit on 4-3-2012 by pierregustavetoutant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by gadaffy

So you are saying that only because the Gulf of Aden is out of the reach of the Chinese, there are many US? ships there?

I don´t see where the Chinese come into play, it´s a busy shipping route and there are a lot of pirats and NATO ships patrolling because of them. Maybe more ships because of the Iran thing.

edit on 4-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I heard all the ships are there because there's a star gate under the Gulf of Aden and many different countries/factions are positioning themselves in the region in anticipation of gaining control and opening this star gate. I also heard all the wars in that region are also for the reason of gaining control of the star gates, and not for such things as oil. Sorry no links just what I remember hearing, take it for what it is.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ya i'm sure something is going on. Good find.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by gadaffy

I'm pretty sure it has to do with .. I dunno .. Iran?

I don't think our navy could give a crap about Chinese anti-ship missiles.. China is a joke.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
good find

i thought the gulff of aiden was the vortex to the hollow earth and the home of the garden of eden

sometimes imaginative explanations are more fun...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth
I heard all the ships are there because there's a star gate under the Gulf of Aden and many different countries/factions are positioning themselves in the region in anticipation of gaining control and opening this star gate. I also heard all the wars in that region are also for the reason of gaining control of the star gates, and not for such things as oil. Sorry no links just what I remember hearing, take it for what it is.

YES, yes this is it. The Goa'uld are rumored to be gathering at the edge of our solar system ready to gate in and take all the plump humans sitting around their keyboards and tv's to be used as long life storage food.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
seems like we're keeping our ships just shy of china's missile range capabilities. china has announced that it is expanding it's military budget by almost 12% this year, which may mean they intend to extend their attack range.

if israel attacks iran (which seems inevitable), then china will probably back iran, and then the U.S. will be pulled into the contest versus china. i'm not sure where russia would side. WWIII is becoming a "when" not an "if" anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I would not worry too much about China going to war with us, or Russia anytime soon.

The facts are both countries have fallen so far behind us in technology and logistics they could not put up much of a fight. I am not saying it would be a cakewalk like Iraq, Afghanistan, sure there will be millions of casualties, probably on along the numbers close to WW2, but majority of those casualties will be the opponents of the USA and Western powers.

www.globalfirepower.com...

I am by no means a pro military industrial complex person. I am pretty much anti-military campaigning, along the lines of Ron Paul for defense spending, not occupying countries.

Our country's military might compared to rest of the world is no coincidence. What our military has evolved into is pretty scary for any nations of the world. It was created just after WW2, and people like Cheney, Kissinger, Bush's, LBJ, Reagan puppet masters, and many others all had their hands in it. this was a design from the beginning.

Now it is a huge burden on the common American tax payer, and makes us the largest empire the world has ever seen in it's history. We should not have done this but it is done.

The only way any nation destroys America is through a nuclear attack, which ensures their utter destruction also.

Or us Americans destroying ourselves because of a Martial Law implementation, economic hardship to the point where we ask the UN to send Humanitarian Horces to help. that's the last thing I want to see here, is the UN boots being excepted here.

edit on 4-3-2012 by NonC0nf0rmist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NonC0nf0rmist

If you know you cant compete in a conflict on the same technological level, common sense would dictate that the lesser advanced technological society would possibly direct its research into bringing not their level up, but bringing the other down.
While you may think that the research being done is to get a wider defence system, they may be focusing on training up cyber warriors capable of taking out major power grids and utilities on the enemies home base.

What would be the implications of trying to run a war when you are unable to tell the general population what is happening, rumours spread and before long you have social unrest.

Sun Tzu "the art of war" wasn't just a bed time story

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
China has two warships and a supply ship in the Gulf of Aden anyway.

And it's ICBMs have a far larger range than it's anti-ship missiles.

edit on 5-3-2012 by MagnitudeZero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by gadaffy

I'm pretty sure it has to do with .. I dunno .. Iran?

I don't think our navy could give a crap about Chinese anti-ship missiles.. China is a joke.

Any and everything that has to do with Iran, has to do with Iran, because Iran has to do with China.

Read your Brzezinski mr. "mason"

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I still don´t see the logic here.

If it´s about staying out of Chinese reach why not park the ships along America´s eastcoast? Why be in the Golf of Aden in the first place?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

I still don´t see the logic here.

What's closer to China; the US east coast or the Gulf of Aden?

You do realize the US foreign policy masterminds have wanted China for decades and have subsquently created all these plans and have invaded so many nations as a method to curb the Chinese?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Wow, at first, I was like say what "Star gate" That's a movie, but hmm, learn something new everyday. Trying to keep up with this guy. I have to keep pausing the video.
Interesting, especially with us so called going to war with the underworld, not sure how much I believe that. That is a bit far fetched.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Hey everyone... Im glad this caught on a little bit since the last time I was on... Thought this was dead in the water. Im not really sure the parallels just strike me thats all. I appreciate everyone opinion. and good point to whoever mentioned that China also has ships there.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is the video I was remembering where I heard about the Gulf of Aden and star gates. I haven't seen this in like 2 years, but it's pretty interesting from what I remember, I think I'll re-watch tomorrow if I get the time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join