It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had a dream.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I am getting tired of the "I had a dream about......."

I, like nearly everyone else, have dreams too! Some are pretty weird and some are pretty boring. I don't make a thread up about every new dream that I have, why clog up the site with your dreams?

Jakius Fogg had a dream that he posted that turned out to be prophetic, but other than that one rare instance, I think they are a waste of time and bandwidth.

I know, I do not have to click on the darn things, but sometimes the titles are misleading, and only after starting to read them does one find out that it is about a freaking dream.... Something that we all have.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

HA! I don't think any site, especially ATS will have ever have threads that everyone can agree on was worth the time of anyone including the OP.

There are many I click on that I think are a waste of time, so I go back and find another that suits me...its that simple.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

True enough, but I haven't ranted for a while.
I need to rid myself of aggression, I quit smoking a little over a month ago. I wouldn't want to perform any misplaced aggression this morning.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Some of us find them interesting. There are other threads on here with misleading titles that I have clicked on. It is all part of being on a forum. Not everyone wants to discuss what you want to discuss and vice versa.

Underneath the topic is the forum it's posted in which should be a giveaway as to what the topic will relate to. Maybe take the time to look at that first before clicking on it, and you will save yourself the hassle of having to read something you have no interest in.

Personally I have no interest in American politics or which politician said what today. I have accidentally clicked on those topics, read it and then realised it wasn't what I thought it was about. I wouldn't say that because I'm not interested in it that the topic should not be allowed on this site.

People have talked about their dreams probably since time began. Yes we all have them, no not all of them are prophetic, but for the most part it is an interesting thing that we all have in common. My cat dreams, and if he could talk I would be happy for him to tell me about his dreams
. My partner tells me all about his odd dreams even though he doesn't think there's any meaning to them.

I'm sure at some point in your life you've said to someone "I had a really weird dream last night." That is all these people are doing, sharing something personal to them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

I'm sure at some point in your life you've said to someone "I had a really weird dream last night." That is all these people are doing, sharing something personal to them.

I sure have told about some of my weird dreams to friends or relatives.

But I wouldn't try to hold forth about it on a street corner hoping that I would attract a crowd.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by MamaJ

True enough, but I haven't ranted for a while.
I need to rid myself of aggression, I quit smoking a little over a month ago. I wouldn't want to perform any misplaced aggression this morning.

HA! I understand. I need to quit myself and if and when I do I am sure I will want to "rant" too.

Dreams can be foretelling. My Grandmother has prophetic dreams.

I love hearing and studying the dream state so those threads I find interesting and maybe one day you find the beauty in someone's dream.

Because people are unsure of the times we live in they may want to share a dream, just in case. They are just sharing information though..no big deal. Take it or leave it, as with anything you read.

Good luck on the quitting and congrats!!!

Jenn

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I agree that when the title is misleading and it's posted in the wrong category it becomes a little annoying. I have seen posts on other subjects that have misleading titles not only the dream topic.

There are people who enjoy reading about dreams what gives you the right to decide what is posted?

edit on 4-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There's a dream forum, I suppose that's what it's for.
I like reading about peoples dreams, so for me it's not clogging the server.
Many different views on ATS.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

You could.. Like everyone else.. Look at the subtext that tells you exactly where the posts are located...

And... There IS a dream forum. So I guess ya just have to suck it up.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I've run into them posted in other forums.....

Not too uncommon here, threads posted in the wrong forums... But I know, I have to suck that up too.

I guess I should apologize too all the self-important dream posters, what would we do without you? Savings us all with your infallibly prophetic dreams!

Sorry!

And thank you for saving us all with your crappy dreams!

I have to make a post that is at least two lines long, and any goofball can make a thread that says, ' Oooh, I had a dream that I saw an alien.... Did it really happen?'

Whatever, I'm ranting now, dangit.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
I agree that when the title is misleading and it's posted in the wrong category it becomes a little annoying. I have seen posts on other subjects that have misleading titles not only the dream topic.

There are people who enjoy reading about dreams what gives you the right to decide what is posted?

edit on 4-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)
I don't have any right to decide, and I didn't say that I did.

I'm just bitchin'.

This is the rant forum, is it not. What gives you the right to say that I can't complain?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by theRhenn

I've run into them posted in other forums.....

Not too uncommon here, threads posted in the wrong forums... But I know, I have to suck that up too.

I guess I should apologize too all the self-important dream posters, what would we do without you? Savings us all with your infallibly prophetic dreams!

Sorry!

And thank you for saving us all with your crappy dreams!

I have to make a post that is at least two lines long, and any goofball can make a thread that says, ' Oooh, I had a dream that I saw an alien.... Did it really happen?'

Whatever, I'm ranting now, dangit.

For every rant, there's usually a counter rant. Rant all you like. I just dont agree with you. No harm done. I simply think it's silly to rant about such a thing. I kinda feel the same way about rants. They're often NOT in the rant forum, as people get pissy at will and on the spot, usually in someone elses thread. (see what I did there?)

new topics

top topics

join