It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Forces Face Having Fragments Privatised.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Guardian News Article.

The scenario of Britain's police state is being nudged along into another of it's many phases with the prospect of privatisation of parts of the police force. The article is clear that this does not involve arrests, but it's only a matter of time until a loophole is found that allows the use of citizens arrest. It also states that there will be private security firms doing the rounds.......they might get away with it in places like Surrey, but I don't fancy their chances in South East London! Unless of course they are militarized.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Its not just the policing services theres talk of privatizing the military forces as well, UKs going even further down the pan,
Liked this comment though made me chuckle,

"and the support for Scottish independence grows another 2%..."
Really as little as that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

This absolutely terrifies me. Its not only wrong it allows tyranny to exist big time.

Corporate police loyalties will be for corporations not for the public, people should be in a bloody uproar over this. Its so wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar
reply to post by cyoshi

This absolutely terrifies me. Its not only wrong it allows tyranny to exist big time.

Corporate police loyalties will be for corporations not for the public, people should be in a bloody uproar over this. Its so wrong.

Exactly! Now the corporations will directly own the police and run things as they wish.

What a lovely world we're living in!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
The police are a private company anyway,most of the time they act as revenue collectors for the state,excluding cases of murder,rape,assault and theft,its all about the money.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A good point, but can you imagine where things might go if the likes of Monsanto and Tesco start buying into the the private companies that run the police?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

You say "United Kingdom" then "Britain" ... but the Guardian article doesn't mention Scotland or North of Ireland at all.

Is it England you mean ? Or England and Wales ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMindWar

Spot on so repeated it incase it was missed.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

Its being looked at by 2 police forces, not for all police forces although the options exist for any any agency to join in.

It looks like it will only be for services that are not restricted, IE

They do not include those that involve the power of arrest and the other duties of a sworn constable.

From what im reading, it looks to me like its close to US law enforcement in some of our Western States. Private Security in some of those states have varying degrees of arrest authority (very narrow parameters).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This actually has been going on for the last ten years in the UK.. Basically the "investigations" that are "out-sourced" are forensics that are carried out by private companies. The police work itself is carried out by bobbies as normal however things that can be lawfully carried out by civilians, eg drugs and alcohol rehab are carried out by private companies who are heavily audited by the government on a regular basis.

This is actually a good thing..

It will save the tax payer a lot of money and the civilian workers who are facing redundancy will keep their jobs by being funded by private contracts..

Nothing to see here guys..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Our unelected dough faced reptilian overlord won't be satisfied until the entire country is privatised, everyone on any kind of benefit is "encouraged" into slave labour and we all read the Daily Wail like a bunch of rabbits caught in headlights.

I just wish the British people would wake the hell up. This man and his millionaire mates are ravaging this country, pillaging everything in sight and he won't rest until we are completely divided. One of the world's oldest democracies is being dismantled piece by piece and we sit by and watch it happen...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Personally I'm all for it and wish the same was applied to other areas such as fire fighting, teaching, health care, and especially the miriad of admin jobs currently being done, very badly by public servants. Private industry could do all these jobs much more efficiently. But lets face it that really wouldn't be difficult would it ?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cyoshi

only a matter of time until a loophole is found that allows the use of citizens arrest

Loophole? Citizens arrest is always allowed* but you had better be darned sure what you are doing before using it. It is not something to be done lightly.

*There are certain restrictions as to the circumstances when it may be used.

edit on 4/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Ahh but once they think that it is a success, I can guarantee you they will rail road this out to the rest of England and Wales.

What would you rather have officers trained to do the work. I would not want a Private company whom we have no clue about, background, criminal record etc, taken over from the Police.

I know which I would rather have.

This is one of those times we the public should stand up and say Enough of the privatization.

This needs to be stopped. More people will be either injured or killed as a result of this. Who ever thought off this need to be put in an asylum. Or locked up themselves.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

If you want an end to privatization then people need to understand that you get what you pay for.
edit on 5-3-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And you are not telling me anything I do not already know.

The most of London if not England has been sold of and it is private. So what is the point of your comment?

new topics

top topics

join