It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria; evidence lacking?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have heard so much about Syria in recent times.
Countless calls to arms, hate for the government and very one sided details of the situation. News reporters are so adamant that the government must be stopped and our government is pushing that idea heavily also.
Let me state that it no way do I condone or support any type of violence.

But I am hesitant to believe the official story again considering they have lied about things like this so many times, and are more obviously doing it to Iran as we speak.

All of this talk we hear from the media and government has only been opinion.
I am yet to see any real evidence proving the west’s story on the issue.

If you watch the news all you will see is 20 second mobile phone footage of some hard to define event that could be from anywhere on the planet at any given time in the last few decades.
And all reports say that most of the damage is being done by shells which they “believe are coming from the Syrian army”. If reporters are genuinely reporting what they are seeing over there, how can they have any idea where and who these shells are coming from?
Another example is the American journalist who was killed. The reports said he was killed by a shell and that the Syrian army was targeting him. How could that target him with such a weapon? It would have had to be bad luck because in such a crowded area it would be like hitting a bullseye on a dart board from 100 miles away.

So.. Has anyone here seen some concrete evidence that the Syrian army is targeting civilians? If so can you please share it as I really need to know the full story on this issue as it is very worrying?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
No, but we know that the "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights", the main source for all MSM outlets is anything but a "Human Rights Observatory". It is a tuck shop in London!

edit on 4-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALF88
No, but we know that the "Syrian Observatory for Human Rights", the main source for all MSM outlets is anything but a "Human Rights Observatory". It is a tuck shop in London!

edit on 4-3-2012 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)
Another great point!
The main groups speaking out about it are the same groups who are basically puppets for the American government. In the past they have proved to follow their interests by speaking out about one type of injustice but ignoring another.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I would say the evidence is very real - such as the evidence of Red Cross, escaping journalists, medical staff, British citizens who went there...
Don't forget we didn't want to know, initially, about the nazi death camps.
And exactly what sort of evidence are we expected to gather when the country is effectively in lockdown? Maybe the OP would like to go in with a camera to give an 'independent' report.

That said it is notable that everything has been from the rebel point of view.
Who are the 'rebels' ? Are they in fact also reponsible for the death and destruction? Why have we not heard from mainstream Syrian government (their choice or censorship?). Why have we not heard from those areas reckoned to be pro government?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

where is the news from the goverment going to come from?
when the news you are fed is what you are supposed to see to bring the next goverment down to put in the next enemy.

My signature says it all

top topics

join