It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Totally confused here about the whole Nuke Permission thing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Yeah. Oddly worded title.

So I read in the other main board that Obama wants to stop Iran from having Nukes. The USA won't allow it. The USA (my Country) doesn't allow anyone in the world to have nukes it seems.

Doesn't the USA have nukes?

Why are we allowed to have them but others may not?

On the same note of idiocy, why is the USA allowed to run into every other country and tell them what they can or can not do, try to impose USA laws on to them, yet if any of those countries came here to do that, we'd baww about how that's not right and they can't do that?

I mean, how hypocritical can a Country be for Pete's sake?

I know I"m probably missing 80% of the puzzle and I'm not expecting anyone to give me a hand holding lesson in 'how it is', because it'd take forever. But I'm just pointing out what it looks like to me. I'm sure other countries have Nukes. But I mean, the principle of it all just astounds me.

Do as we say, not as we do.
Really? No wonder the world looks at the USA like a huge world bossing bully.
It's embarrassing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Its not just other countries that get bullied but your own citizens as well.
When I was growing up your country was known as the land of the free but I think that is far from the truth now days.
The whole idea of taxing you on citizenship instead of residency is awful.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
3 reasons:
The US administrations argument is that Iran is run by irresponsible people so if they had a nuke they would use it.
They also see it as a threat to Israel, their closest ally.
They think it would start a nuclear arms race in the middle east with other countries also wanting to build them.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Most countries have nukes, how do I know? Receipts.

You have too many questions and not enough fear.

Stay scared, it's for your own good.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I get what you are saying, and I really do agree with you.

I'm not from America, and almost everyone I speak to here at home shares this viewpoint while talking about Nuclear armament. If something doesn't make logical sense, it seems to provide evidence for nefarious motives IMHO.

ETA: Just to clarify, I feel like these kinds of backhanded tactics are evident in every government. I'm not trying to place blame or single out any nation. No human being wants tension or war, but many people in power seem to love spoon-feeding the general population. Time to break away it seems

edit on 4-3-2012 by dyllels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Reciepts.
Oh that was grand.

And yes, poster above me (unless someone posts before I reply) I do agree it's government's the world over. A shame. But this crud has been accumulating for ages now, sadly. I oftentimes wonder why we 'regular people' see through the haze and smog and bs and see instantly how a slew of crap could be fixed, eradicated and all could live easier, etc - yet those in power choose not to see it.

Maybe I just answered my own wondering. They choose not to see it.

Originally posted by corporation
3 reasons:
The US administrations argument is that Iran is run by irresponsible people so if they had a nuke they would use it.
They also see it as a threat to Israel, their closest ally.
They think it would start a nuclear arms race in the middle east with other countries also wanting to build them.

Ah how true that is.
I have noticed that while we were fighting Iraq before, and then Afganistan, Kuwait, etc., all the fingers pointing to the flavor of the day, got us hating them, had huge reasons why we should hate them "They did 9/11" "They are hiding weapons of mass destruction" "They're tormenting their people." "They are bogarting all the oil". Soon as we'd pull out or we realized there were no wmd, no nukes, etc, suddenly a new country would be 'THEY did 9/11' "they have wmd' and we'd turn our hate to them til we realized they had nothing there. Now it's the same old song and dance for Iran. "They were behind 9/11." "Oil" "Nukes" "beating the women".....

Seriously. Is Etheopia next? I mean, a million starving stick people (NO OFFENSE, PLEASE. Just gov't bashing satire or something) definitely are a threat with their attacks on 9/11 and hiding oil and beating their women and hiding wmd.

And sadly those in the USA who are still sheeple would turn enraged war thirsty eyes upon those poor starving Etheopeans cuz the Good Govt told em to.

Was that totally off topic of your reply? Something you wrote spurred that response. Either way, it wanted out.

I do see the whole threat to Isreal deal though. I know if someone had a nuke pointed at us, I'd hope Canada or someone would warn us and help us to get it pointed else where. preferably dismantled. xD

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
If all those countries in the east bomb each other, they will spread radiation all over their oil fields which we want.

Its good for us if they dont attack us and its good for us if they dont attack each other, with nukes

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As an American, I grew up being told that the US is always right and everyone else is wrong. Either you were patriotic or you were evil. As I'm reaching my mid twenties, my view has dramatically changed, and I'm shocked at the policies that our government and citizens support. My government willing kills thousands and thousands of foreign civilians in the blink of an eye to the cheers of Americans. The excuse: "We're America and we know what's best."

I wholeheartedly believe that 100-200 years from now the American economy and empire will collapse, just as every large empire has before. When America no longer rules the world, historians' views of our past will turn severely. My country will be remembered as one of the most atrocious regimes in world history that took the lives of those who disagreed even when they were of no threat.

top topics

join