It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Christians believe the Bible so literally and entrust it's author(s) to have been pure enoug

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

now I think that was just wishful thinking, stuff people thought a long time ago when they did not have much knowledge of the history of the Bible.

Hi, friend. I agree with you.
I meant to let you know, the other day at the grocery store (!) there was a bin of "bargain books"...... which, naturally, I poked through....
and found a rather thick tome entitled: The Evolution of God. (Robert Wright, c 2009; Little Brown and Co, New York).

I have no idea if you appreciate historical info which includes a touch of humor (a la Bill Bryson), but this one I highly recommend.....(so far...I'm on page 34.
) A light-hearted look at the history of religion....not a mockery, just light-hearted.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

. . . found a rather thick tome entitled: The Evolution of God.

If you paid $10 for it you got a good deal, I would say. I read through page 28 by way of a PDF available on the book's page in Amazon, plus watched the tree and a half minute nice video of the author explaining what he was doing with his book. It seems easy to read, and it is humerus the way he presents things like the Indian's tribal beliefs.
I found this part very interesting ."Haida who died by drowning would become killer whales." This reminds me of the YouTube video I embedded in one of my post on the Gnostic thread, of Joanna Newsom. It is a little difficult to listen to in the live version, which I liked because of her little theatrics she added, but the studio version is more understandable and is a story she apparently made up about someone who was a whale in a previous life.
edit on 6-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I got it for $7.

It's so far very easy reading, entertaining, and humorous, yes. Was my serendipitous find just coincidence considering my current interests? Or was it, *gasp* a little gift from above? Maybe!

Anyway, I'd never heard of it, or the author, but I love the style of Bill Bryson, and so far this guy has the same wit.
Good old angels, helping us out when we need it and all we have to do is ask them!

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Where did the OP go? We all stayed on topic pretty well....and he hasn't responded to any of our answers. Scared him off maybe?

clintdelicious! Come back!!! Yoo hooooooo

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join