It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it over for Ron Paul?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
The Major Media has far to much influence, none of them report on the voting issues at all, I am absolutely FLOORED Rick Santorum has so much behind him, it is absolutely unbelievable.

Not when you understand the inner workings of the government and who controls them (Zionists). However, the sleeping giant is waking and even if the polls are rigged, people need to go and vote for Ron Paul regardless. Our voice must be heard!

What comes next is up to "them". We have a right. We must exercise it, or loose it. We must be diligent. This is not a time to give into media persuasion. Ron Paul has a real chance of winning if support continues to grow as it has. Remember, it's the electoral college who votes in the president and that has everything to do with delegates. Delegates come form the popular vote. But if it is an -OPEN- convention, which is looking likelier each day, Ron Paul can win. In fact, he has a better chance than the rest!

We must be careful of what the MSM is reporting. They need you to believe Ron Paul cannot win so weak minded individuals wont go to the polls. This thread is a good example of that.

edit on 4-3-2012 by NowIsThe because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Well it aint over till it's over however it does look like we'll end up with Obomney with all the vote fraud and media suppression of Ron Paul. Still too many sheeple who let the media think for them...
edit on 4-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
As much as I know some people don't like to hear it I'm pretty sure Paul's shot at the WH is over with, he just doesn't realize it yet. By continuing to run he will siphon votes away from the Republicans and weaken their already shaky base and enable a relatively easy victory by Obama come voting time. I gotta give the guy credit for putting in the effort to run numerous times but honestly nobody is ready to take a chance on some of his more out-there concepts and put in with him, the people prefer the comfortable and familiar candidates that get put up every 4 years by the GOP and the Dems and Paul certainly doesn't fit that mold based on his stances on things.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Actually I rarely see RP supporters go out of there way here to mock Obama supporters. I don't see many anti Obama avatars, just pro RP ones. I do however see many Obama supporters trolling the RP threads.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Helig

What exactly are his more "out there" concepts?
He has none more out there than taking away birth control or starting a war with a country for no reason.
What is more out there, seriously, then going after and starting war with a country that we have no reason to start a war with? That's flat out lunacy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
Let's not insult WWE and Pro wrestlers by comparing them to politicians!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lets see:

Views Roe vs Wade as a mistake (and uses states-rights as justification)
Considers paper money unconstitutional
Supports Don't-Ask-Don't-tell
Wants to kill off college aid and thinks student loan programs are unconstitutional
Too many anti-environment positions to enumerate
Would see Social Security dismantled
At least 3 or 4 federal agencies that he would disband (and further increase unemployment)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Binder

Ron Paul is practically worshiped as a god on ATS by his fanboys.

I see parallels between the 2008 Obama and 2012 Paul. The difference is, it's the Republicans clamoring for change.

Really? Because the only parallels I see are between 2008 Paul and 2012 Paul.

Obama was just another (albeit very charismatic) politician who bribed us with the money the government took from us; Ron Paul doesn't even want to take it in the first place. Regardless of your feelings for his ideologies, he is by far one of the most outspoken and visible critics of the broken-beyond-belief US political system. Yes there are some worshipers, but surely such a man deserves a measure of respect and praise.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

It can't be "over" for Ron Paul as it never began.
He never had a realistic chance of winning or doing anything in the race.

But if you mean does he have any hope of winning whatsoever then.... no he doesn't and yes, it's over.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Lets see:

Views Roe vs Wade as a mistake (and uses states-rights as justification)
Considers paper money unconstitutional
Supports Don't-Ask-Don't-tell
Wants to kill off college aid and thinks student loan programs are unconstitutional
Too many anti-environment positions to enumerate
Would see Social Security dismantled
At least 3 or 4 federal agencies that he would disband (and further increase unemployment)

I probably shouldn't even answer because I"m just not in the mood today to correct anyone's FAULTY perceptions concerning Ron Paul. I will cover a few points that you mentioned, however:

Paul wants to allow competing currencies and believes the FED (a private central bank AGAINST our Constitution) would end up dying on its own over time. The Federal agencies he wants to disband--important parts would be rolled over into other agencies and nobody would be losing jobs...these jobs would be done away with through attrition--meaning if somebody quits, their job is not replaced, if somebody retires, their job is not replaced. College aid/student loan programs--whenever the federal government gets involved in anything, the quality goes down and the price goes up! Paul admits he worked his way through college--the government was not involved and the price was reasonable. How many kids are graduating college today with enormous loans to be paid back, yet cannot find a job???? How many graduate high school and cannot even fill out a job application?? People/kids are individuals and a one-size-fits-all education program does NOT work. Social security is UNconstitutional--however Paul realizes that people have been made dependent on the program and would NOT do away with it for those who have come to rely upon it, or those who have paid in for years and will be using the program. However, he does think those 25-years-old and under should be allowed to opt out and save for their own retirements...so Social Security would still be available for many decades to come. He plans on using the money saved by stopping foreign aid (Why are we giving money to foreign countries when our own people are hurting, when our own infrastructure is in decay??) AND using the money saved by stopping unnecessary military expenditures (not defense, not money for veterans or veterans' health care) to shore up Social Security and Medicare. According to our Constitution, States' rights DO trump Federal rights...the whole country has become an upside-down, screwed-up mess!
For anything I failed to cover, there's tons of youtube videos, other forums and google searches to be utilized.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's not over until you refuse to get back up. Just because things are looking ugly at the moment doesn't mean that he's not still up there. Remember when everybody thought Paul was done for just a short while ago, and then his campaign released a non-"projected" delegate count, and it showed Paul was right behind Romney, and Santorum and Gingrich were in the dust? Ron hadn't won a single state then and was already a strong second with no threat of being reduced to third. Now, just because he continues to do as he did before, not winning a single state's popular vote, you think he'll up and lose out of nowhere?

That said, I'll be voting for the man even if he doesn't get the nomination. Hell, I'll vote for Paul even if he drops out, because I'm sure as hell not voting for someone who doesn't take their oath of office seriously.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Just logged into my AOL Mail account.
Headline about super tuesday
3 men pictured, guess whos' not?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join