It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it over for Ron Paul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I am a big Ron Paul fan, but it appears he just cannot gain enough traction in the Republican party, I believe he would do great in a General election vs Obama, but look at them, this is a group of people trying to push A homophobe, and War Monger, Rick Santorum, into the Top spot of the GOP.

Ron Paul has been surpassed by both whether we like it or not, infact I do not understand why Ron runs as a Republican, when it's clear the party does not share his views, all they care about is making sure everyone knows they hate Gay people, and going to War. When does Paul break off from the party? He needs to run as a 3rd party, but even then they won't allow him in the debates, so once again many of us will be silenced it appears

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

If it's not going to be Ron Paul for the GOP, then Obama will have a second term.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I'm all for a 3rd party run for RP. He could really shake up the votes, but I fear he is not going to do so.

If things keep going this way we will see another Obama term.

But we have to wait to see how RP does with delegates at the convention. If he does not pull of something the Republicans will have a hard time taking the White House.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Unfortunately if Ron could just live to 102, and run for Pres again, and again, I think eventually people would realise his stability, integrity, intellect, and commitment. The sad truth is that the American sheeple will vote in the media darling every time.

Sooner will a camel pass through a needle's eye than a great man be "discovered" by an election.
Adolf Hitler

Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it.
Adolf Hitler

Scary huh? This pretty much sums up American politics today doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Binder

Ron Paul is practically worshiped as a god on ATS by his fanboys.

I see parallels between the 2008 Obama and 2012 Paul. The difference is, it's the Republicans clamoring for change.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It's over. He should have ran 3rd party to begin with and stayed above all this bs. But then exposure becomes an issue but IMO the pickin is ripe for a 3rd party candidate, I don't think the stars will align like this for quite some time.

All is not lost however, he did wake many. I just don't see know what he is going to do next. Truly something sad to think about.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The Major Media has far to much influence, none of them report on the voting issues at all, I am absolutely FLOORED Rick Santorum has so much behind him, it is absolutely unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I disagree. Ron Paul is the true Republican and the other candidates only try to appear to be, but they don't vote like real ones. Today when i voted, the Republican platform/issues and 'beliefs' were passed around for discussion. I found it quite ironic. The list of beliefs mirror Ron Pauls campaign...the same things that get him called an extremist and constitutionalist. 3rd party? Since when does someone who stands for our constitution have to be a 3rd party?

I think Ron Paul is right to run as a Republican. If we as Americans are too stupid to understand the grass roots of our own country than it is our own fault. Our current Government and all its players may have dug this hole, but we are happily jumping into it like lemurs and then smiling at them while they shovel the dirt on us.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I'm a big RP supporter, but I honestly don't see him as the Republican nominee unless he gets the delegate votes, which is a possibility. Of course, if that happens, I'm sure someone will scream vote fraud... imagine that.

From what I've heard, Ron intends to retire from politics if he doesn't get the nomination. Can't say that I blame him. He's been at it a long time.

Rand, on the other hand, is up-and-coming. I think a run for the White House would not be unexpected. I don't know if he would consider a third party, though. The problem with third parties is drawing enough votes from the two major parties to make a difference. Ron ran as a Libertarian candidate in 1988 and came in 3rd. I think that influenced his decision to move to the Republican party.

Anyway... he seems to be doing fairly well so far and it's not over til it's over. At this point, I won't make any predictions.

eta: While doing research, I found out his middle name is "Ernest". How appropriate.

edit on 4-3-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I like Paul, but I don't see the math being possible anymore. It's just that simple, and so it's pretty well over. Unfortunate, but the numbers are just a bit hard to debate. They are what they are for the convention so far.

The problem is that Paul has said at least once or twice now that he will not run as a third party. So...He's painted himself into a corner where if he does, he'll lose respect for breaking his own word in a way that goes to the core of why he has so much respect from people.

I think the best thing we could see at this point, frankly, is that after Romney is confirmed at the Convention, the Democrats destroy him so totally before the election and with enough time left that Paul can somehow come back at that point. 3rd party? Write-In? Romney and Obama are both outside what I can vote for. I may write my own name in if it isn't Paul.

Hmm... If he's being ASKED back and by a large number, that is a whole different matter. Nothing is impossible in this election cycle... There is just too much time left for anything to come up and rules that used to be firm, don't seem to exist anymore.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Binder

I see parallels between the 2008 Obama and 2012 Paul. The difference is, it's the Republicans clamoring for change.

Wrong, the real difference is that Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for 30+ years and has never, not once changed his ideas and convictions.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Rand and Ron aren't quite the same.

Let's just say that if I were given a choice? Ron.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

That still doesn't invalidate my point.

It's gotten to the point where if an Obama supporter shows up, there's several RP supporters to mock him/her and visa-versa.

It's all more of that partisan nonsense that got us where we are today.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Binder

I'm old enough to remember the same rhetoric about smaller government and same talking points that then Republican Candidates Reagan, Bush Senior, and W Bush made during their campaigns, but actually their administrations produced the exact opposite of what the candidates' platforms ran on. It's the same old game book.

Republicans & Democrats are like the WWE. In front of the cameras they are enemies, behind closed doors and in private they are partying together and friends. It's all for show and national security safety reasons.

No matter what the candidates say, it's the available intelligence and what is known to the president, the facts themselves that determine America's trajectory both internationally, and domestically.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

You make a very good point here.

Partisan politics are a cancer to this country.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Ron Paul is being intentionally blacked out; because he and a couple others pushed a bill through Congress to audit the Federal Reserve, which exposed the Federal Reserves fraud of the American people which created the economic bubble. He made a lot of enemies in very rich and influential places; it's as simple as that. I would like to see his son Rand Paul start running if Ron decides to step out of trying for the presidency in the future.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

reply to post by N3k9Ni

Rand and Ron aren't quite the same.

Let's just say that if I were given a choice? Ron.

True, they're not exactly the same, but I bet Rand is largely influenced by his father. If Ron retires, I would seriously look at Rand if he runs.
edit on 4-3-2012 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkchemistry
Ron Paul is being intentionally blacked out; because ...

Because people side with the underdog. It's a psyops tactic. It legitemizes him and helps his ratings, because it gives the illusion he is not mainstream GOP in the traditional sense, which is still fresh in the minds of Americans from the Bush years.

Ron Paul's "media blackout" may be a well devised tactic.

I'm from the school of thought that the Republicans have absolutely no intentions whatsoever of taking over the white house next election.

But, I could be wrong. I don't think so, but I could be.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Sorry my friend, that's not the because...Ron helped uncover this by his Federal Reserve audit bill www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

reply to post by Binder

I'm old enough to remember the same rhetoric about smaller government and same talking points that then Republican Candidates Reagan, Bush Senior, and W Bush made during their campaigns, but actually their administrations produced the exact opposite of what the candidates' platforms ran on. It's the same old game book.

Text. In front of the cameras they are enemies, behind closed doors and in private they are partying together and friends. It's all for show and national security safety reasons.

No matter what the candidates say, it's the available intelligence and what is known to the president, the facts themselves that determine America's trajectory both internationally, and domestically.

Let's not insult WWE and Pro wrestlers by comparing them to politicians!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join