It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group posts billboards in religious neighborhoods saying God is ‘a myth’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
God, so much whining, so many victims, so much bigotry.

Somebody expressed an opinion. And everybody's all upset over it.

Gorram. This is one depressing thread. I weep for this country.

What this goes to prove is that nobody really wants to learn how to live with each other, and overcome our petty differences.

All anybody wants to is yell and scream at each other.

What is wrong with people these days.

It shouldn't matter a hill of beans what a person believes. STOP TRYING TO IMPOSE YOUR BELIEFS ON TO EVERYBODY.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

reply to post by Annee

"Christians" are losing their power/control in America - - - and are kicking - - whining - - and screaming all the way - - no matter who they step on.

That right there is unadulterated propaganda parroting. You are so far off-base you can't even see the scoreboard.

Why? Because I don't agree with you?

As I've stated - - I grew up as Christian. Actually considered myself Christian most of my life.

Let me know when you've lived as Atheist - - - and can be objective from both points of view.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
I thought athetist's dont try and force things on you like they say religious people do.

Explain how anything is being forced.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I thought athetist's dont try and force things on you like they say religious people do.

You mean you don't know?

Whenever a law is passed that says a Christian can't have a Manger Scene on a public court building or doesn't allow a teacher to lead CHRISTIAN PRAYER in school that oppresses each and EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, all 250 million of them, and turns them into victims at the hands of evil anti god atheists.

And no, i am not joking nor am I being facetious, that is what many Christians claim.

EDIT:

Oh, and don't forget the WAR ON CHRISTMAS!

edit on 4-3-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox
Im an Athiest.
And im indifferent to these billboards.
I wouldnt go out and spend my money on them.
Its a waste of dollars that could be better spent elsewhere.

For staters these boards arent gonna change anyones mind.
Believers will believe and Athiests wont,period.

I disagree. Religion is force-fed to young malleable minds who have a soft-spot on their crania
where the stuff is shoveled in. They suffer a "need" to belong, and fresh out of the que they are
eager to follow the tenets of the others that came before them. Almost all children lack the
courage of their own reason. But some do, and differing viewpoints presented early on in
life will have a substantive influence of them. "Lord" knows with the other drivel we shove down
their throats, like Santa and the tooth-faery, that the ever make it our of childhood with
any logic or reason intact.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Making a conscious choice to publically declare that "God is a myth" on billboards is not done to promote an opinion, but rather to brainwash and antagonise.

Definition of Myth: a traditional or legendary story, usually concerning some being or hero or event, with or without a determinable basis of fact or a natural explanation, especially one that is concerned with deities or demigods and explains some practice, rite, or phenomenon of nature.

Do you believe in the Johnny Appleseed myth?

Fact is Johnny Appleseed was a real person. He did grow apple trees. However - - Myth and Fact are not the same.

There is actually more real fact on John Chapman (Johnny Applessed) then there is on the "biblical mythical Jesus". Yes! There was a real man named Jesus. But fact does not match the "biblical mythical Jesus".

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Jesus said God is real, but atheists say he's not, so who shall we believe?
I mean, Jesus's credentials sound pretty good..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
well, it is a myth.

and why do we need to pretend not to be offensive? if you believe in god, I believe you have a mental deficiency.
its as simple as that really. oh nooo, i'm sooo ignorant.

you can't even gather 1 piece evidence such a thing exists, whereas the evidence against it grows every single day.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Originally posted by Annee

You mean you don't know?

Whenever a law is passed that says a Christian can't have a Manger Scene on a public court building or doesn't allow a teacher to lead CHRISTIAN PRAYER in school that oppresses each and EVERY SINGLE CHRISTIAN IN THE ENTIRE COUNTRY, all 250 million of them, and turns them into victims at the hands of evil anti god atheists.

And no, i am not joking nor am I being facetious, that is what many Christians claim.

EDIT:

Oh, and don't forget the WAR ON CHRISTMAS!

No religious display belongs on government property.

Public schools are government. Zero religion belongs in public schools.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waymarker
Jesus said God is real, but atheists say he's not, so who shall we believe?
I mean, Jesus's credentials sound pretty good..

First I suggest you prove the "mythical biblical Jesus".

Because there is no real factual history of that person.

Yes - - there is history of a man named Jesus who was a political dissident.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by xuenchen

Hell, I'm an atheist and I don't see what billboards are going to do. There will always be those that believe in fairies, demons, and a grand wizard with a magic wand. Any attempt at UNbrainwashing them is futile.

I disagree, people just aren't going about their attempts the right way, I think that the problem is that many of us haven't gotten the planks out of our eyes to sufficiently take out the specks from other people's eyes. Also I was just thinking earlier, and it's a little off topic but it seems to relate somewhat, is that there are people who do drugs, like coffee, because it helps them to cope with whatever stresses are in their lives, but it does not terminate the reason that they employ coffee.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think they should have companion bilboards that say "Yes We Can"

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Almost every religion out there believed in a main god of one sort or another and all these seem to be similar. There are also Demigods or angel like beings in all of them. Then there is the mother or Earth. This is evidence of a perception of a being/beings or structure in the universe. Atheism doesn't fit into the equation at all anywhere that I can see. Even pagans believe in the earth and sky, mother and father of us all. My choices are anything that does not include atheism. Atheism appears to be a belief in nothing, a new religion I choose not to believe in. Have at it if you desire, I'm just saying it's not for me. To each his own. I wasn't going to get involved in this, I don't know why I'm back here again. The teachings of Jesus in the bible aren't bad. Some people just need to read it with an open mind to see it doesn't say what some are practicing or pushing in their religions.
edit on 4-3-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonders

Hey lay off the coffee, I'm not giving up my belief in that either.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

But they believe it does, and they will cry foul and use any manner of dirty tricks to get their way.

Oh, and I do agree that religion doesn't belong there.

And I consider myself a Christian.

But I'm unlike conservative Christians as I don't believe in imposing my beliefs on others. I believe that people have a right to their own lives, and they should be allowed to make their own choices on how they want to live their own lives, and leave the judging up to God. Heck, I'm unlike most Christians period.

Basically it's a form of "do what thou wilt at no harm to others" and leave the rest up to God.

We Christians have all kinds of radio and TV stations, there's over two hundred million of us, and that's not enough. I just don't understand the why it's not enough part. i don't understand the need to broadcast every single chance one gets to say "I AM A CHRISTIAN AND PROUD". Jesus was against that kind of thing, and he was very critical of the Pharisees calling attention to their religiosity and even called them hypocrites for doing so. So I truly don't understand why they must do this.

Jesus does say spread the word, but he doesn't say convert at all costs and twist and turn every single thing that exists into a form of Christian theme.

Not everybody wants to be a Christian, and Christianity is not for everybody. Those people should jsut be left alone, and let God sort it out in the end.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Oops, an accidental post. I'll use this opportunity to say that I think every single one of us is looking for the truth. None of us wants to be decieved, what we know is that there are people who do decieve others, and that we are making attempts to go against the deception that we know is being taught. But we can't rightly go against this deception unless we are clear about what the truth is. We have people saying "We can never know whether God really exists or not." Well, saying that submits to ambivilance, and that does not give us the hope we need that comes through the truth we seek, the truth that seeks to be understood.
edit on 10/01/11 by Wonders because: "Don't tell me what to believe, but believe me, when I tell you that God is a myth." -Do you really believe that people will put aside their beliefs in God as if there were no one leading others to a belief in Him?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
believing and knowing is NOT the same thing

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Haha, you have to admit. That is pretty funny.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
people just like to start #

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

im seen since kinder garden instigatores

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join