It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group posts billboards in religious neighborhoods saying God is ‘a myth’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by Annee

Where are these atheists getting the money to buy billboards? Do they pass a collection plate at their meetings?

Here is their website. You can donate just like the rest of us.

www.atheists.org...

Why would you donate money to an organization that lacks any religious beliefs?

Isn't that contradictory?

Their main purpose is "Separation of Church and State"

I am 100% pro secular government. Zero god in government.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Onboard2

Originally posted by spav5

Originally posted by el1jah
whats with atheists acting so religious these days?

I agree...anti-God is not atheism. Not against them putting up a billboard ...it is their right. But an anti-God religion helps nothing.

Peace

An Atheist is anti-theist and does not believe in a god or 'hand to hold' and will set out to argue the point by influence. A non-theist does not have an orthodox or theistic understanding of god, but can still have their own conceptual understanding of something more.

I stated that this new cult of atheism is not really atheism..but anti-god.

How can I be anti "something" that does not exist? If it is anti "blank"..then "blank" has to exist.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I hate discussing religion, its got a frying pan and fire associated with it

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

This response is meaningless to this argument...and you don't see that

No its not. I want to know the answer.

cult of "atheism" to see that they have become a religion.

Those that believe in a god - - - just won't let it go.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Do what you will , it's your choice , it's your life & your believe.

ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ

Without GOD, our week would be:

Sinday
Mournday
Tearsday
Wasteday
Thirstday
Fightday
Shatterday

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sigh.

Can't we all just get along?

I guess not.

Being right is serious business in America, and we must all conform to the one true way, whatever that is.

Which is.....

SATANISM!

All the girls you can muster!

You won't get that in heaven!

In heaven sex is only for married people with the intent to procreate.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm glad because as an atheist I face discrimination everyday from religious people, it's about time!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And Atheists whine about Christians coming to their doorstep and "forcing" their beliefs onto them? Sheesh, what double standards...

It doesn't matter what I believe or don't believe in. I have the personal code of, "If they don't force me to listen to them, I won't force them to listen to me". Kinda a "live and let live" rule. I'd never go around putting up religious or anti religious billboards anywhere.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Im an Athiest.
And im indifferent to these billboards.
I wouldnt go out and spend my money on them.
Its a waste of dollars that could be better spent elsewhere.

For staters these boards arent gonna change anyones mind.
Believers will believe and Athiests wont,period.

That being said,they have every right to do so.
It isnt illegal,and protected by the first ammendment. And to be fair,"GOD" is everywhere,just check your dollars.
Listen to the national anthem.
How bout the phrase "God bless America",its said by almost every pollitician.
But yet,why am I subjected to other peoples imaginary friends?

Theres "suppose" to be a seperation from church and state.
As there is freedom of religion in this country,there should also be a freedom from religion as well.

Just my 2 cents.
Cheers~!~

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

This response is meaningless to this argument...and you don't see that

No its not. I want to know the answer.

cult of "atheism" to see that they have become a religion.

Those that believe in a god - - - just won't let it go.

I used to call myself an atheist until the word was highjacked by believers like you. I want no part of your cult. I am embarrassed that people believe that my atheism is anything like your anti-god cult. You believe in god so much that you want to destroy him. I simply do not believe.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by xuenchen

Hell, I'm an atheist and I don't see what billboards are going to do. There will always be those that believe in fairies, demons, and a grand wizard with a magic wand. Any attempt at UNbrainwashing them is futile.

CORRECT what you have to do is get them at a young age like religions do and show them why he can only be a MYTH because its MAN that creates god(s)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Annee

I hate discussing religion, its got a frying pan and fire associated with it

But are we discussing religion?

People can be religious if they want - - - but when they interfere in my life - - - then it becomes personal.

Gay rights - marriage rights - birth rights - pro choice - etc. Keep your god in your own home.

I consider myself Atheist - - but I do believe in an Energy Consciousness. I will not call it god.

I refuse to use the word "moral" because some that call themselves Christian wield it like an Iron Fist (not those who truly walk in his footsteps). I exclusively use the word Ethics or Ethical.

What we are actually discussing is Freedom of Speech. And which group specifically is outraged?

"Christians" are losing their power/control in America - - - and are kicking - - whining - - and screaming all the way - - no matter who they step on.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Im not taking any side but people who cant mind there own business ,people who have to stick there nose into others issues just to cause trouble ..DESERVE WHATEVER THEY GET and i mean it ,if people would learn just to live there own lives and quit messing with others imagine how wonderful life would be ..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I thought athetist's dont try and force things on you like they say religious people do.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yeah but they commit murder and other horrible crimes just like everyone else does.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Where are these atheists getting the money to buy billboards? Do they pass a collection plate at their meetings?

Here is their website. You can donate just like the rest of us.

www.atheists.org...

Why would you donate money to an organization that lacks any religious beliefs?

Isn't that contradictory?

Their main purpose is "Separation of Church and State"

I am 100% pro secular government. Zero god in government.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

No, their main purpose is to eradicate ANY reference to religion or God on all government buildings and anything having to do with government under the false pretense of "separation of church and state".

This country was founded on Christian principles by Christians. By removing any reference to Christianity, they seek to undermine the belief system that is the foundation of this country. That is not to say that the founding fathers didn't know to keep religion and government separate, knowing what happens when it isn't.

I won't argue that the far-right hasn't tried to insert religion into government where it doesn't belong, either. I think we'd find some common ground there. However, atheists' purpose is much bigger and much more sinister than "separation of church and state" and the sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll be keeping your money in your wallet.

Interesting about money, though, right? I see no mention of that on your church website. I guess nobody argues about taking "In God We Trust" off the currency. Money's cool, then? You all can live with nonsecular cash?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wonder if they spent an equal amount that they paid on those billboards to help the homeless, or children, or any number of other better things they could've done with that money.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

"Christians" are losing their power/control in America - - - and are kicking - - whining - - and screaming all the way - - no matter who they step on.

That right there is unadulterated propaganda parroting. You are so far off-base you can't even see the scoreboard.
edit on 4-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Atheism like all the other belief systems is a religion.

Atheism requires faith that God does not exist and therefore should be considered religious in nature
and practice. This billboard posting is evidence of the agenda of this belief system. And like the
others, it seems the anti-theists want to shove their beliefs down everyone else's throats.

I could write a college thesis on the human need for God. It is the fear that comes with our realized
mortality that creates a need for God. It is because so few of us are "blessed" with the courage to
admit our ignorance that we instead create belief systems and then surround ourselves with
like-minded individuals under the umbrella of religion. (We do this like sheep, for the benefit of the
safety in numbers it provides).

Unfortunately I did not finish ninth grade so a 'thesis' won't be forthcoming, but I did take the time
to watch the movie/documentary "Religulous" by Bill Maher yesterday (which is now out on Netflix)
and thought, as usual, that Bill Maher is a disrespectful, rhetorical question asking, rudely interrupting
-if-he-did-that-to-me-I'd-punch-him-in-the-mouth sort of schmuck....but the movie was pretty good.

At least Bill Maher doesn't treat his atheism as a religion. Preferring to rather point the accusing
finger of proof at the theists, without providing the "evidence of absence" that atheism requires.

But Bill Maher doesn't do it nearly as well as the master (George Carlin) does in this short clip...

So Atheism and Religion are both bullcrap IMO. Agnosticism, and following one's own inner guide, is
the only true, courageous, and unpopular way to go.

Happy birthday to me...cheers

....and beware the Ides of March lol
edit on 4-3-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Making a conscious choice to publically declare that "God is a myth" on billboards is not done to promote an opinion, but rather to brainwash and antagonise. There always have been scoffers and nonbelievers, but now the laws have been put into place under the guise of "freedom of speech" and "freedom of religion" and "discrimination" to such an extent that those holding these beliefs can now be brought to the forefront. We are now to the point that any very small population of any belief has more power over the majority. Our youth are addicted to drugs, sex, violence, ET myths, ignorance and anti-authority beliefs. This billboard is for them. It won't ever change the heart of a person of faith, but it will influence those of undecided faith. This billboard is for them too. Sin and unbelief hardens hearts. And a hardened heart will reject God. When the Holy Spirit tells us that all of those who perish because their hearts became so hardened and calloused to the love of Truth, this billboard is for them. Their choice of words might as well have included a photo of the middle finger pointing at God Himself. It's my experience that most Athiests simply say "I don't believe", so this billboards message is way beyond the typical expression and therefore discernment reveals the dark motive.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join