It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group posts billboards in religious neighborhoods saying God is ‘a myth’

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrulyColorBlind

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Myollinir
. . . instead of attack Christianity.

Perhaps Christianity should stay out of politics.

American Atheists main purpose is separation of church and state. With people like Santorum getting a significant amount of votes - - - it seems to me a few billboards is a very passive statement.

Perhaps it's athiests who should stay out of American politics. America was founded on a belief in God, so if athiests don't like that, move to some other country that wasn't so rooted in the belief in God. I mean, they do have the right to move - it's a free country and all....

I'm not moving.

Deal with that. Learn if necessary.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr

Originally posted by TrulyColorBlind
Perhaps it's athiests who should stay out of American politics. America was founded on a belief in God, so if athiests don't like that, move to some other country that wasn't so rooted in the belief in God. I mean, they do have the right to move - it's a free country and all....

I'm not moving.

Deal with that. Learn if necessary.

Ya know what's interesting - - - - there are countries who's government is a religious government. America isn't one of them.

Funny that God believers keep telling "secular people - - of a secular government" - - that we should leave. We are exactly where we should be - - - in a secular government.

Shouldn't the believers be looking elsewhere?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Given that the world's religions abhor violence there is no such thing as a religious government. You can't make war and be a Christian at the same time, nor can you be a true Hindu while building nuclear bombs. These people are masquerading and they sure have you fooled.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Jesus Christ says :

200. “39. But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil; but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.”
- Mathew, 5/39

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeantherapy
Given that the world's religions abhor violence there is no such thing as a religious government. You can't make war and be a Christian at the same time, nor can you be a true Hindu while building nuclear bombs. These people are masquerading and they sure have you fooled.

How very idealistic.

Iran is a theocratic Islamic republic governed under the constitution of 1979 as amended. Appointed, rather than elected, offices and bodies hold the real power in the government. The supreme leader, who effectively serves as the head of state, is appointed for life by an Islamic religious advisory board (the Assembly of Experts). Read more: Iran: Government — Infoplease.com www.infoplease.com...

Could Egypt become a theocracy? By Omar Ashour, Project Syndicate “We want democracy, but one constrained by God’s laws. Ruling without God’s laws is infidelity,” Yasser Burhami, the second leading figure in the Salafi Call Society (SCS) and its most charismatic leader, recently said. The unexpected rise of the Salafis in Egypt’s parliamentary election has fueled concern that the most populous Sunni Arab country could be on its way to becoming a fundamentalist theocracy akin to Shia Iran. globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join