It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Gives Away Oil Rich Parts of Alaska to Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
This is just crazy. I wonder if this is a bribe to Putin not to get involved when the Obama administration attacks Iran? Anyone know of any other possible reasons he would do this except to just dismantle the USA period? And in secret to boot.

Part of Obama’s apparent war against U.S. energy independence includes a foreign-aid program that directly threatens my state’s sovereign territory. Obama’s State Department is giving away seven strategic, resource-laden Alaskan islands to the Russians. Yes, to the Putin regime in the Kremlin.

The seven endangered islands in the Arctic Ocean and Bering Sea include one the size of Rhode Island and Delaware combined. The Russians are also to get the tens of thousands of square miles of oil-rich seabeds surrounding the islands. The Department of Interior estimates billions of barrels of oil are at stake...

The agreement was negotiated in total secrecy. The state of Alaska was not allowed to participate in the negotiations, nor was the public given any opportunity for comment. This is despite the fact the Alaska Legislature has passed resolutions of opposition – but the State Department doesn’t seem to care.... Read the whole article here: www.wnd.com...

edit on 4-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Joe Miller? Where are HIS sources.
If this is truly an issue, where is the outrage by all the Republican candidates? Why is Rush wasting his and our time with flamboyant remarks about women's rights. And where oh where is Fox?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
If this is truly an issue, where is the outrage by all the Republican candidates? Why is Rush wasting his and our time with flamboyant remarks about women's rights. And where oh where is Fox?

I guess you didn't read the part about it being done in secret. And I guess you believe the Republicans and Democrats are actually opposed to each other and that Fox actually reports real news....

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

I guess you didn't read the part about it being done in secret. And I guess you believe the Republicans and Democrats are actually opposed to each other and that Fox actually reports real news....

Wow. You sure jumped to a lot of assumptions about me from those three honest questions. Of course I read the part about it being a secret. I just thought it was Miller explaining why no one else is screaming about it. Cuz he knows the secret and they don't.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
People actually read WND and believe what they read there? Oh! wait, nevermind, WND is home of the never ending birther swill. I forgot. people who read WND, have such open minds that their brains fell out long ago.

I urge people to not click on the WND link, as most posts are only posted to get hits to WND. Proven fact.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

quick respone, found this in a more recent comment

Joe, your comment is moronic. These islands are located nowhere near Alaska, and are in fact hundreds of miles within what is obviously the geographic territory of Russia. Even the Alaska Supreme Court ruled in 1994 that this land was Russian territory (Denardo v. State of Alaska).

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by trust_no_one
reply to post by hawkiye

quick respone, found this in a more recent comment

Joe, your comment is moronic. These islands are located nowhere near Alaska, and are in fact hundreds of miles within what is obviously the geographic territory of Russia. Even the Alaska Supreme Court ruled in 1994 that this land was Russian territory (Denardo v. State of Alaska).

Link?

From the same article:

In the Bering Sea at the far west end of the Aleutian chain are Copper Island, Sea Lion Rock and Sea Otter Rock. They were ceded to the U.S. in Seward’s 1867 treaty with Russia. www.wnd.com...

edit on 4-3-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Australia has been selling off $275 million of land to China and Russia for ages. It's not like it's anything new. And yes, i agree, it is absurd.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The islands all look to be far to the russian side of the USSR US Maritime boundry line

fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

funny, if you are worried about the oil, why not pump the stuff thats capped on the north slope, drop the price of a gallon of gas in the us to .50 cants a gallon, and save the us economy while you still have one...

oh yeah you haven't built a refinery since the seventies, and couldn't refine the stuff even if you wanted too.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

The agreement was negotiated in total secrecy.

Read all about it on ATS!

Should I waste time Googling this for more information?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Did you ever look at a map of these? ANYONE in his right mind would say these belong to Russia. And to blame Obama for this is funny. Carter Reagan and Bush all had Secret Negotiations on this without any imput from Alaska.

www.statedepartmentwatch.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Now we have to reloate all the people and animals that live there....

o thats right there are none...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomadmonkey

This is pretty much an Obama hit piece IMHO, and is par for the course of WND tactics.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
The islands all look to be far to the russian side of the USSR US Maritime boundry line

fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com...

funny, if you are worried about the oil, why not pump the stuff thats capped on the north slope, drop the price of a gallon of gas in the us to .50 cants a gallon, and save the us economy while you still have one...

oh yeah you haven't built a refinery since the seventies, and couldn't refine the stuff even if you wanted too.

And oh ya oh ya, We would just ship it to Europe anyways

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Question:

Can these Islands be seen from Sarah Palin's back yard?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Wow. You sure jumped to a lot of assumptions about me from those three honest questions. Of course I read the part about it being a secret. I just thought it was Miller explaining why no one else is screaming about it. Cuz he knows the secret and they don't.

There was some discussion in the Stratfor emails about Obama's relationship with the Russians. I believe it would fit into this if it were true.

Not saying it gives validity to the story, but probably something worth looking into.
edit on 4-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join