It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Moment.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
what is subjectively freedom right?

so u cant have any excuse of missing a point scientifically clear

freedom right is to the objective move that clearly confirm its whole objective perspective being according to true existence, so positive present fact constancy with its superior potentials freedom

so free senses that are there from ever or now that didnt realize any objective freedom right cant have the right to exist as free whatever facts

while what move for that mean wether consciously or not but always through the realm that any objective is necessarily positive superior fact free and must b kept as that, so truth freedom is surely first there
that movement has the right to exist freely out of truth obligations, it realized smthg right so in fact it already existed from that move fact while no free sense is the truth when truth is what sort all ends, so truth never mean ways or times or relative existence
but what moved for relative consideration to objective in truth, is existing free right first always

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

My question is:

How can we be present at This Moment if This Moment is the past, present, and future of each moment at once?

You can't, and that's because the idea that the past, present and future is all the present (meaning that each instant of progressive time doesn't actually replace the least instant of progressive time) is just not a viable assertion. If you can't accept this statement as being true, then go back and read it again.

There. You now have read that statement twice - one read-through before the 2nd read-through - which illustrates that you read it before (now, in the past) and then read it again (now, in the more recent past) and that now you're realizing (in the most recent past of all three past moments) that you did read it at two separate moments that you experienced - in those separate moments - as "now". Those were delineated moments, and that delineation is what Time presents.

You actually have memory of those moments, and that memory is residual data (which means that as information it is 100% accurate - even if what it's accurate about is the fallible nature of human perception concerning your own unique experience of each definable moment within a time continuum). The fact that this residual information exists proves that your experience of having read that statement twice, did, in fact, occur, and the fact that it is no longer occurring proves that the past does, in fact, exist.

Information concerning the occurrence of an event cannot exist as residual data if that event did not actually occur. It can exist as perception information without having been brought into existence as a direct result of an actual occurrence, but the emergence of that perception will be represented by the emergence of residual fact data concerning that perception as having been an event occurrence. This is because human perception is an existential hybridization of the event and information, and due to its dynamic nature, perception is also reflected by the emergence of residual information. That, however, is an entirely different issue.

The existence of residual data is the "smoking gun" that an event did occur, and that it occurred at a specific moment within the creation of a progressive time continuum. This is a simple as I can explain it, and the evidence that defends this assertion is literally everywhere that you look.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

How can we be present at This Moment if This Moment is the past, present, and future of each moment at once?

You are over-thinking things.

The past is gone forever. You can only reach it through the images of your mind...

The future is not yet created. You can only reach it through the images of your mind...

Now is the only time that exists....

If you are thinking about the past, you are doing it now...

If you are thinking about the future, you are doing it now...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
This one timeless moment of being.
youtu.be...

edit on 4-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

i dont agree with ur perception of time, anything is its existence and any existing thing is its free objective realisation
when u read smthg u r not there, it is the thing that u read and ur illusion of existing so ur potential right to exist that exist

while u can understand it if u realize what u r reading from ur own sense freedom of reading it, joining the sense of what u read existence fact with ur sense of existing fact in one momentum, which explain that if u read it again it become the past in truth fact concept as never existing, while anything else similar u might read would be ur momentum realized

what i mean mostly to point here, is how time is of being from else freedom superiority giving the illusion of sharing its realisations reality
while time in truth freedom concept, is the no time present when any free sense is its own existence source absolutely

there are some rules to realize before reaching that end, how u cant mean ur own existence before admitting objective existence right first, so to anything even if u read u must give it the absolute credit of being value independant of u, while to b true meaning ur own relative consideration to it clearly confirming it or its different end point, which would confirm it too, since there is no else but from the recognition of smthg

it is difficult rule, bc in concept it means that u must realize all biggest existence in meaning ur relative freedom right to exist, so in limited logics it sounds impossible while it is the only way from what freedom is existence realisation as equal fact of freedom being always perfect right end

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Human conceptualization of self within a progressive causal trajectory is an epitome survival development, and is what gives the corporeal human being a significant advantage within the corporeal realm. Planning is what ensured the survival of the Homo Sapiens, and lack of planning is what has generally killed off less equipped species. Why would you teach people to ignore the one distinct advantage that they have over every other living thing on this planet. What survival advantage do you imagine that stripping away that unique human capacity to learn and anticipate could possibly present for any living thing?

Eckhart Tolle suffered a complete mental breakdown, and then he began his mission of "wisdom" from that breakdown mindset. He's freely admitted this fact, and yet he's been able to market that psychotic break into some form of breakthrough of wisdom, and while it's been a brilliant marketing strategy (especially given how science and technology have completely exposed our traditional wisdom tenets as being obvious inaccurate and some of these tenets as being completely impossible) it's been nothing but a marketing strategy for the guy's books and his professional career.

Living in the moment is like being a narcotics junkie. Masking pain is only an effective strategy when the pain can be proven to NOT be indicative of injury or disease within the body. Ignoring the ramifications of past decisions, and ignoring the future ramifications of present decisions, is very much like gobbling narcotics to blanket pain that might be there to warn you that something terribly wrong is happening within your body. Nothing exists that cannot be rectified, but avoiding any effort to acknowledge what could be rectified is the one sure way to encourage it to fester as a destructive reality and to encourage it to eventually metastasize as a true existential threat.

Maybe Eckhart Tolle can pay what money it takes to shield himself from such ramifications, but the chances that the average person has that ability - by simply dismissing it as existent - are less than slim. The corporeal realm is governed by the law of cause and effect, and what you do in response to that fact determines what you leave the corporeal realm with as tools to manage your existence within the eternal realm. The past does matter. The present does matter. The future stretches out before you and it will matter if you refuse to acknowledge its existence and refuse to plan for it in some manner. Even Mr. Tolle will eventually have to deal with what he's making of himself, and while he can dismiss this fact now, there will come a very clear moment of "now" when he won't be able to dismiss it any longer.

Reality isn't governed by philosophy. It just isn't, it never has been, and it never will be.

edit on 3/4/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

People keep saying, "Live in the Moment" and "Be Present in the Present".

I suspect you [general] are meaning that one must be mindful of environment, emotion, thought, and so on each and every second.

My question is:

Very good question! Most people just say things such as this as a mantra and never really contemplate on the deeper implications it has. You are right, the mind can never actually be in the present moment because the mind (thought) is a reflection of the present moment. The only time we can be aware of the present moment is when the mind (thought) is not active, and then there is no 'thinker' to claim "this is the present moment".

So ultimately when someone says "be in the present moment" they are either saying:

A) Keep your thoughts closer to the current raw root experience (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch, emotion) and don't go spiraling into more and more complex thoughts that are associated with the first thought. So for example, I see a tree and thought begins detailing its characteristics (its tall/short, green/brown, flowers/fruits...). This is what would be considered the thought of the "raw root experience". Whereas associating that tree with one from my childhood, or wondering what kind of bugs live on it, or going off into thinking about photosynthesis and global warming and human recklessness and.... on and on... is taking me further away from the 'present moment'. So I remain in the 'present moment' by staying with the original 'root level' thoughts of the tree.

B) or they mean let go of all thoughts completely and just witness the tree with raw awareness. This is much harder for most people to do, as thought is continuously showing up on the 'tv screen' of the mind. In fact, this is not something 'you can do', as that implies a "doer" which entails thought. Raw awareness happens spontaneously when the conditions are ripe, which is why people go to lengths taking on different disciplines and practices (like meditation) to prepare the mind for this opportunity to arise. So in this sense, the 'present moment' is without thought, without a doer, just raw awareness.

Again, good question though!
Peace friend.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

sorry noreaster, it is very interesting how u reached to justify livings but allow me to make fun of ur experiemental mind as i allow u to make fun of mine

u should know that what u r meaning is absurd

u r saying that conscious beings should invest all energies to accept their robotic justifications while then once they understand how it function they will get the privilege of existing in the sense of constant betterment to their condition of limitations that they can never get out from or of, this is impossible it is not possible

if free energy is invested then it is existence, no need to get into smthg less

and even if u accept ur inferior reality as it is conditionned believe me truth will kill it immediately, u r not allowed to accept freely by doing it fully what is clearly inferior objective settlement

third, why would anyone choose to realize so much efforts for nothing positive, u r claiming that survival is the reason, so negative sense such as fear is the mean to diminish
while how negative is becoming a source of energy when anything free even subjectively perceived as positive is obvious better source of moves
while survival cant be used as a concept for existence references, survival by definition is to what is not existing but meaning attachement to a relative right to, so by fact survival concept is never constant
it is an invention to get beyond reality in order to exercise freedom right out of it, but objectively survival dont exist

how r u gonna b from what never exist

what would b real instead of relative positive relations is any thought out of it, believe the truth the objective u see not ur means to get to ur wills
ur will and means are u which has nothing to do with what already exist

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Hi NE,

Yes, please excuse my previous offering for only touching on the basics and not going into further detail.

I'm no fan of Tolle either.. his belief-system is a bit simplisitc.. not simplified.

Once we learn to bring our focus back into the Now moments, we free up a lot of thought energy that is normally wasted on all the "What If" thoughts that range through the mind each moment.

We then are more able to focus on what direction we Intend to go in life.. more able to access, assess and accept the parts we have played in all our interactions and thus more able to perceive the effects of those.

But we do not wallow in the thoughts of " shoud have.. or I could have.. or What if", because they have no relevance to Now or the future.

As long as we see and accept our part in what has been, then we are more able to insure we choose more effectively in the coming future.

Most people are slaves to every single little thought that travels through the mind.. so most people are never truly present in any moment because they are re-living or fore-living events within their mind.. and thus missing what is going on around them at the time.

I hope this goes some way to helping respond to your interesting statements.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
The fact is, you can never escape the now. But by being attached to the mind, you lose yourself in something which is apparently NOT now. What is meant is basically this. Thoughts are inherently of the past or future. NOW is timeless. No time can occur now, or else it can be divided into different parts, and therefore it is not now. In order for a thought to occur, it needs space. It takes time for that thought to occur. You can, therefore, never think about now. Now can only be experience, not thought about. When you think, it is based on memories of the past, or projections of the future. Now is timeless awareness, watching everything occurring both inside and out.

Very profound and thought-provoking theory.

I like to think, whether it is now, then, later, or exponentially. However, I do see the value of existing outside of thoughts focused on events and just embracing the experiences as a whole. Thanks for posting.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by ottobot

maybe it means just focus on right now....let go of the past...don't think about the future...because all we have is right now?

this very moment. The World is a fragile volatile place...so carpe diem

Yes, Carpe Diem indeed!

But, to me, living for the day is not about having as much [intoxicated, irresponsible, carnal] "fun" as the popular meaning seems to be these days.

It seems awfully shortsighted to live only for what base pleasures one can grab, but make no effort to maintain and strive for the high quality and memorable relationships and experiences which last longer than one day.

The way I see it, I must use this day to its fullest potential. And, that means connecting with the earth and with loved ones and with life.

Thanks for posting, Thurisaz!
edit on 3/5/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Still_Learning
reply to post by Thurisaz

Thats exactly what (they) mean. You can't control the future. The past are simple memories to help us learn how to better ourselves now. Now is actually all there is.

That is true in a very basic sense.

But, the past is what made you who you are.

The present is always changing, and we do have some modicum of control over the present by the actions we choose to take.

The future is shaped by your present.

So, you can control which pathway your future takes by taking the reigns of your present. Now, of course, none can predict the potholes and floods and fallen logs of the path; but if it is the right path, you will do whatever it takes to make it through.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

This nonsense about linear time has just got to go. It's absurd.

I agree with you, linear time is very limited.

We are always at the beginning, that is our true condition.

Now that is a singularly provocative statement. Thank you for your perspective, NAM.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Dear B.U. Toad,

You said

That's living IN This Moment and kNot letting IT live y0u, by living for the "eYe IS of WE" and kNot for the y0u & ME of We!

and I felt that I should respond in some fashion.

To live for and as "We" would be the ultimate experience. We would all be in it together and all live it together, since we are all one. I wonder how life would be if We were all living in the present for each other?

I think that would be amazing to behold.

Thanks for the response,
- ottobot

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

Better to be mindless than mindful for increasing awareness of the present moment. The mind operates using duality: bouncing around in time measuring, comparing, and categorizing. Feeling is a present-moment experience that is easier to recognize when the mind is quiet. When you're thinking, you take your 'presence' with you.

It's very interesting that you posted this. I was thinking almost the exact same thing today. I was practicing "being mindful", and my head started to feel very empty because the only thoughts I was having were external thoughts, like "I thought about X because I was feeling Y." Instead of focusing on the thought and feeling, I just accepted them as a reality and move on.

And, you are right: when lost in thought or memory, your presence goes with you and becomes invested in the thought and memory... whether or not this is healthy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
reply to post by ottobot

maybe it means just focus on right now....let go of the past...don't think about the future...because all we have is right now?

this very moment. The World is a fragile volatile place...so carpe diem

Yes, Carpe Diem indeed!

Carpe Diem = Seize the Day

The anagram:

Carpe Diem = Epic Dream

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Your being misses you, that is why it is screaming at you, it is saying here i am, i am right here, right now can you not feel me? The body is here and now, the real you (being) is trying to get your attention by hurting, it is sending a message, it is an invitation to wake up.

You brought up a good point in your posts, in respect to the body being the only constant of time.

The body is, in essence, a time travel machine. Although it can only travel to the future, each instant is an eternity of travel. The body, being transient, is the vehicle for the mind though the mind thinks it is in control.

By denying the mind its illusory control and, instead, existing as the driver of the body at each moment - doing all of the tasks a driver must do not to crash the vehicle each second of the trip - the issue is instantly resolved.

You have an interesting way of seeing things, Itisnowagain. Thank you for your responses.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Well, yes, clearly the past did exist and the past does exist. Just as the future will exist and the future does exist. The present just IS, for the instant it IS.

From my perspective, all time exists in an instant and an eternity. To me, the past still exists and will always exist because the past always is happening and always will happen.

I do not (cannot?) believe the idea that "the past is gone, the future is empty" because, to me, the past is here and the future is here and the present is here. We bring the past with us through the present to the future, every instant.

I can't say I think it is wise to pretend the past or future are active in this moment, but I also do not think it is wise to treat the past and future as if they are entirely imaginary. It is undeniable that the past affects the present just as the present affects the future.

Your explanation has given me a new branch of thought on this subject. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You are over-thinking things.

I know, but it's so exciting to over-think things!

I love philosophy and thinking about things Now is what gets me to the Future and saves me from dwelling on the Past.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

You know, LifeIsEnergy, you answered my question perfectly. I have been working on catching myself from flying off on those tangents, I laugh aloud when I catch myself going off on these weirdo thought processes.

But, you're right, there is something about those rare by powerful raw/root perceptions that cannot be matched.

I have a feeling of amazement and awe right now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join