It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAQ's on Freemasonry, by former 32 degree mason, shriner, proficiency card holder..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chief_counsellor
Please keep in mind that I don't "hate" Freemasonry or Masons, my church presently stands that it is forbidden for Catholics to join the order...I've tried to find the source of this by conducting a little research, and debating with masons in a masonic forum....

I wish my church wasn't against it, cuz I did enjoy my short time as a mason. However, the church presently forbids membership. Though some decide to be disobedient to the church, and do as they please....I'm am the kind of person that listens to authority, whether church, or community.

If it comes from the top, then I listen.

I wrote to the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus, and they stated to me that a Catholic can not be a Mason, and be in good standing with the church.

Disobedience to the church in not necessarily disobedience to God.
The church is ran by men and all men have sinned and continue to sin.
The church doctrines come from the minds ad mouths of men.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chief_counsellor

hi i was a believer in christianity but no more now.
am no more in any religion but aspects of freemason are genuine.
was you here when jesus rose again ?
was you at golgotha?
did you have the proof that he went to heaven?
in this world we all live for only one reason now, is to have the proof and evidence of anything we talk.
Faith or hope is not a proof it is a dream for all foolish people who are waiting for nothing.
But Freemason teach people that we get imediatly things that we desir.
That is right sir.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I love your Christ

i don't much like your Christians,
They are NOTHING like your Christ
-Ghandi

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

I realize you wrote this a few years back, but perhaps this thread is still in your favorites and you'll notice my post...

Since Freemasonry is not ideologically opposed to Catholicism as long as the Church does not to attempt to exceed its authority as it once did, Freemasonry has no beef with the Church.

How does this apply to governments or corporations that exceed their authority?

Is freemasonry (as a group) against any government or corporation? I'm not necessarily talking about Bush's administration, but perhaps more obviously corrupted government like in Zimbabwe.

Are officials of DeBeers allowed to join masonry? What about Bayer?

Does Masonry take an official stand on this? Or are its revolutionary days that far behind?

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyNut23

I know I didn't write that but just in case you wanted the opinion of others (if not, ignore me
):

Masonry is only of value to good men, it is of little or no value to bad men. In the event that bad men want in, it would be impossible for masonry to sit as judge about the character of their actions except when those actions are egregious enough to be recognized by the courts (and thus come up in a criminal background check).

The problem is lots of people work for Bayer - and DeBeers - and for the Zimbabwe government that are not corrupt. There are good people in each of those organizations. To not allow someone on the fact that they work for a huge organization where someone somewhere did something corrupt is not in the spirit of freemasonry.

If someone applied and they came up in the news as being someone who, for example, sold HIV infected aspirin, then that would be a auto-reject in this masons opinion. But just because they work for Bayer is not a indication of them being bad people.

I think masonry would be revolutionary if the cause came. However, I think ATS members have a much broader and often politically tainted view of what is evil.

[edit on 7-10-2008 by LowLevelMason]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LowLevelMason

I know I didn't write that but just in case you wanted the opinion of others (if not, ignore me )

I'd never do that. Of course, I seek your opinion. (despite our first encounter on these boards, which I admit, if this was a hockey game, I'd probably be called for unnecessary roughness.
)

Excellent answer BTW. I should've thought that it be unfair to punish groups or organizations wholesale for what a minority did. Just like it be unfair to blame all Masons for earlier incidents within its ranks. (P2, Morgan, Bernardo etc...)

It appears some government have no problems waging wars for the actions of minorities. (ie. 9/11 justifies attack against 2 countries (maybe 3) - the Gunpowder plot used to prosecute all Catholics in England)

Out of curiosity, did the Masons (as a group) oppose Hitler first, or did Hitler outlaw them first? The wearing of forget-me-nots appear to be a form of silent revolution. (not saying that anything else could've been done against the regime)

Did masonic organizations ever actively oppose wars? (Vietnam, Korea, Iraq etc) Can apolitical organizations oppose wars? (IMO, there is no politics, just economics)

[edit on 7/10/08 by ConspiracyNut23]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join