It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Episode of "The Firm" brings the NDAA Section 1021 to the light of day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Tonight, on episode 9, the story line centers on a son of a US soldier that is targeted and killed on US soil, by the US government, as a suspected terrorist. Here is the synopsis:

The Firm (NBC) “Chapter Nine” Episode 9

The Firm, “Chapter Nine” Episode 9 airs on Saturday March 3 on NBC (10p.m. ET).

Episode Synopsis: Mitch (Josh Lucas) and Ray (Callum Keith Rennie) are hired by a desperate father, Sergeant Leonard Debs (guest star Roger Cross, “24”), who enlists their help with the mysterious death of his son. However, their investigation puts them both in the center of the surreal world of Federal “terror law,” where national security trumps civil liberties and secret proceedings replace public hearings. Meanwhile, Tammy (Juliette Lewis) finds herself a new job, in an effort to help further their ongoing investigation in the Sarah Holt case. Molly Parker and Natasha Calis also star. Shaun Majumder guest stars.

I urge everyone to watch it, as it is available on various sites of the net. After watching it, one cannot help but be concerned about the new "law of the land", section 1021 of the NDAA of 2012. This "fictional story" is as real as it can be, as far as the situation in the US today. Anyone that has any concern for the loss of freedom in this country, and is not convinced that this is happening, should see how easily it can, and probably is happening today. Although art and fiction, they have a tendency to mimic reality, and in many cases, foresee the future. After seeing the episode, please check back, and let me know your thoughts about this situation.

Prof. E
edit on 3-3-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Only just now I watched the episode (Sunday morning, using the online service Hulu).

I was immediately compelled to comment about it, but a Search discovered your thread first. I don't know if Hulu is available for streaming in other countries besides the United States. I suppose any who wish to try may do so, or find alternate ways to view it.

Certainly shows a timely interpretation of something oft discussed on ATS, but this time exposed in the national mainstream. Couched in the form of 'entertainment'. Perhaps will garner some attention.

However, this thread's location may well languish, on ATS. Time will tell.......

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Thanks for the comment. I'm sure the thread will die. It seems that the things that really should be a concern to most people aren't, and the trivial matters get the most attention. I had been off ATS for quite a few months, because it seems that it has gone down hill lately. More and more trolls post, and fewer significant comments such as yours, seem to pop up.
I'm afraid that the US is getting what the majority of its citizens desire, glitz, consumerism, football, beer, and presidents that speak well but say very little. I truly morn for the future of my grandchildren.
Nice hearing from you.

join