It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

alcohol and kundalini experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
to be honest i'm an avid imbiber. there is always a moment i reach where i'm faced with the spins. my consciousness desires to whirl....(the spins)...but i fight the nauseating effects and find myself in a state of clarity...in between nausea and sleep. pristine clarity where an energy is rising up the spine and pouring over my head...like a river of purple lightning. i can hold onto this feeling so long as i don't pay attention to it if that makes any sense. a state of being where there is no beginning nor end, simply an ever overflowing of energy..i grow outside of my body and pulsate and pulsate....then i come down. anyone aware of this experience?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i can do it with....other things. i smoke and i go lay down and meditate. i love the way i feel the energy. its not isolated to just that way of getting there. i can get there through numerous ways. im still working on it all natural so to speak but yea, i know where youre comin from.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Wait a minute here.

I don't mind a good drink myself. However, this "spin" thing you speak of?

I once had what I believe to be a kundalini experience in the dream realm. Alcohol just can't compare. It woke me up and that sensation stayed with me for days.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Sorry cant help you I may be the only tea tottall Scotsman in the Universe cant stand alchcoholl .I am a former heroin addict though or more precise still an addict but choose not to indulge anymore .Smoked a lot of dope an also smoked heroin or chased the dragon.When stoned on opiates its amazing how deeply you can think about things .Tottally focus on one subject an get into a coma like state of meditatiting with no distractions or other thoughts takeing you off on another tangent,Pretty ammazing the journeys Ive been on in my mind .Whilst my freinds just thought I was a droooling idiot .Which I was also guilty off. Im 53 now an been a non user for three decades.I dont even smoke cigaretes now though still like to meditate.But can never reach the intensity acheived with opiates.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey, don't mean to butt in and disrupt the fun, just a bit of advice. Mixing drugs/alcohol and meditation can be dangerous for a few reasons. First, it can delude you understanding of meditation and turn it into an experience searching activity. Doing this can lead to some pretty serious psychological defects. Meditation is meant to clarify reality, not be a vehicle for pleasure. Second, it can strengthen your attachment to drugs/alcohol because you may begin to associate it with inducing states of meditative experience that you enjoy.

Third, and probably most importantly, is that Kundalini meditation is an advanced method of meditation that in the past was only taught to very experienced meditators, and done so under the close guidance of an enlightened being who could accurately sense what was happening to you. The danger is, it can permanently alter your bodies energy flow, and if not done properly, can cause all sorts of diseases both physiological and psychological. I have heard stories of early twenty year old's having heart attacks and brain aneurysms while practicing Kundalini meditation by themselves (with no guidance). So to mix drugs/alcohol into that equation just sounds absolutely like not a good idea.

Just something to think about friends.
Peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
although i agree with and thank you for your warning, i do however believe that smoking has been and will be used in the art of meditation and mental effects. i do not go into an experience with smoke, i do however let it relax me to the point of being more receptive to the energies around me. i also ritually express interest in love and light and demand all evil dark to not be in my presence. and also the experiences i have are thoroughly looked at. i have a FIRM grasp of reality and do thank you for your warning. i agree but i also think that if you know what youre doing, and do it responsibly and in a logical mature manner, you can smoke whilst meditating.

i do not however, endorse smoking due to it being illegal. i endorse it cuz its natural and 100 times better than the fda crap theyre puttin out.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
Hey, don't mean to butt in and disrupt the fun, just a bit of advice. Mixing drugs/alcohol and meditation can be dangerous for a few reasons. First, it can delude you understanding of meditation and turn it into an experience searching activity. Doing this can lead to some pretty serious psychological defects. Meditation is meant to clarify reality, not be a vehicle for pleasure. Second, it can strengthen your attachment to drugs/alcohol because you may begin to associate it with inducing states of meditative experience that you enjoy.

Third, and probably most importantly, is that Kundalini meditation is an advanced method of meditation that in the past was only taught to very experienced meditators, and done so under the close guidance of an enlightened being who could accurately sense what was happening to you. The danger is, it can permanently alter your bodies energy flow, and if not done properly, can cause all sorts of diseases both physiological and psychological. I have heard stories of early twenty year old's having heart attacks and brain aneurysms while practicing Kundalini meditation by themselves (with no guidance). So to mix drugs/alcohol into that equation just sounds absolutely like not a good idea.

Just something to think about friends.
Peace.

I'm only 20, and I've done probably every substance under the sun. I could not agree with your brilliant post more, and I'm now in the stage of my life where I'm far past all the substances and the illusion of happiness/nirvana they provide to a meditating mind. They did some damage to my psyche that I have reversed with just the power of thought, the love of Yeshua and my ever continuing search for thruth in spirit. I've been wanting to get into the kabbalah.

I would give alot to have a yogi/guide who is knowledgable and sensible. If you would be my internet friend or something it would be really cool. I'm gonna U2U you my facebook to see if you're interested in conversing with me back and forth.

Let's build a mental bridge!

If not, it's cool.

new topics

top topics

join