It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Influence In Pop Culture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
While I was reading the thread about Awolnation's song "Sail" (www.abovetopsecret.com...), a question came up that has been in my mind for the longest time, and always gets the gears turning whenever I read a thread on the subject of the Illuminati.

I don't see why it all has to be connected to the Illuminati. It's symbolism. There has been symbolism in pop culture for ages. They want a theme, their music videos have to have something visually stimulating. It could be Egyptian, Native American, Religious, etc. Granted, sometimes it could be pushed onto the musicians by "their people", but that certainly can't be the case all the time, the artists have their creative input as well, they can't all be puppets. The guy is probably a conspiracy nut just like us. If I was in a band, I'm sure I'd make reference to esoteric topics as well. Say I released an album, and put the Eye of Horus on the front, what does that mean? I know what the Eye of Horus represents, but so what? What does that mean to someone who looks at it all from the "Illuminati are controlling everything" angle? What am I trying to do? Or what is the Illuminati trying to do through me?

I guess for me, it's a hard sell, I don't know why the Illuminati would use well known symbolism to communicate secretly, or push an agenda. It'd be wasted on everyone who was unaware, and would be incredibly transparent to those who do follow these kinds of subjects. Am I missing some of the more subtle points of how this whole secret society thing is supposed to work? I understand the concept of being hidden in plain sight and all that...but really? Isn't it more likely that this symbolism showing up in music videos, advertising, and so on, is just the work of some pencil pusher who's trying to meet a deadline and get their job done? To me, that's what the whole Super Bowl half time show looked like this last time around.

If this sounds like the typical skeptic thread, forgive me. I'm actually sincerely curious about this. I believe in these types of shadowy organizations, but I guess just not how everyone else seems to, as cackling business men moving their pop culture pawns around for some larger, sinister purpose.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

Symbolism rules pop culture, always have. Many artists today are well aware of the Illuminati, for many have spoken openly about them. A simple youtube search can prove that one. Many as of late have been referencing and depicting moments of revelations and other doomsday prophecies in their videos. It doesn't mean that they are Illuminati. In fact, most are seemingly against them. There are of course those who would like to think they have an 'in' with them, and feel that they are a part of the plan. As they have incredible influences on their listeners, it would be an obvious means of 'conditioning' or types of 'subliminal' messaging, to sway the masses. It's everywhere you look, if you pay attention. But many of the refernces can be mis understood as being 'Illuminati' for religion plays a large roll in their inspiration, and the very workings of the 'Illuminati' a like. Kinda like those who think Jay-Z is a devil worshipping, illuminati supporting, egotistical jack wagon. But when you read his lyrics, he's seemingly the opposite.

Either way, it doesn't really matter. Nobody wants to do anything about the supposed 'Illuminati' until they have to. Anything these people are doing, obviously isn't enough for people to eliminate their influence from their lives. That probably wont last much longer. Who knows though...

In the end of the day, it will just be a fight against themselves, as they learn to identify the power of self. Those who don't choose to wrestle with and figure out themselves, will choose to take it out on eachother. Eventually it will work itself out. For the very thing applies to the 'Illuminati', and they obviously full of a false perception of self, then what it means to unity. They will be the means of their own destruction, and will probably dismantle from with in.

new topics

join