It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man cut off his legs, demands compensation (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
A Vietnamese man cut off his legs and one hand in protest.
He was in jail at the time.
For murdering his wife and 10-year-old stepson.
Now he wants millions in compensation from the norwegian government.

pub.tv2.no
A 45-year-old Vietnamese cut off his legs and one hand in protest against a 21 year jail sentence for double murder. Now he demands compensation.

The Vietnamese demands millions in compensation because the jail did not take better care of him.

A 34-year-old Vietnamese woman and her 10-year-old son were found killed in an apartment at Kaldnes outside T�nsberg in January 1997.

The woman and her son had most likely been dead since New Year�s Eve. Both of them were brutally murdered by several stabs to the neck region.

The suspicion fell upon the 45-year-old shortly thereafter, suspected of killing his ex-wife and stepson.

The Vietnamese was moved to Ila prison. Without any warning the man managed to cut off both of his legs and one of his hands with a hydraulic shear at the workshop.

The 45-year-old�s lawyer, Olav Stake from T�nsberg, said to TV 2 Nettavisen that his client has always denied connection to the double murders.

�My client has sued the government for a larger million amount, connected to the losses he will suffer when he is done with his sentence and is going to try to live a normal life again. He claims the officers at Ila prison should have watched him better, so that he could not have cut of his legs and one of his hands.�

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If you�re thinking about doing something similar, make sure you�re in jail first.
Or it would be difficult to sue afterwards...

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Have to admit, you got to have balls to cut off both your legs + a hand.
I guess you have to be crazy too...

But if you want to be rich when you get out of jail,
it probably would be better to spend the time writing a book instead.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wonder why he didn't cut off the other hand?

Oh.

Reminds me of that fake Personal Injury Attorney commercial: Ever injure yourself and wish there was something you could do about it? Now there is. www.sueyourself.com...

Unfortunately the link transfers you to Satellite Dish information.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
if he could've cut off both his hands i think he deserves some kind of prize money

Then I would like to see them hand him a big check on TV like the lottery winners. Lol

[edit on 20-9-2004 by Thatoneguy]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
[edit on 22-9-2004 by ancientsailor]

top topics

join