It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im basically tied between Conservative and Liberal... Help?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I hear ya'. I'm all over the place on those and the responses here are silly.

If I post something here to supports the First Amendment rights of the Catholic Church I get labeled a religious nutter. If I post something that supports assisted suicide, same sex marraige or that is against the death penalty then I'm labeled a liberal loon. When I support a strong US military, strong border control and post against Obamacare or the global warming hoax I'm suddenly a zombie xenophobe. When I say that Israel is a soverign country and has a right to exist, I"m suddenly a mole with the ADL. When I say that Christian fundamentalists have a right to 'lay hands on' and pray over a portrait of Bush43, then I'm suddenly labeled a Christian fundamentalist. When I point out the errors in the bible, then I get spat at with titles like 'athiest' or told I'm going to hell because I dared to point out the errors. And if you dare tell the truth about Muhammad or the Qu'ran errors then you are a 'hater' of muslims. (it couldn't possibly be that you are just telling the truth .. no .. you are a 'hater'.)

It's like you have to be all or nothing .. to fit under one label.
Otherwise the folks here have their heads pop over trying to figure it out.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Most people are in the middle.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It is philosophically impossible to be tied between the two. That is like saying "I'm tied between life and cancer".

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

How?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
You don't have to be one or the other. Human behavior does not always fall into neat categories. We're just brainwashed to think it is. But if you knew people up close you would see they're not just herds of different monolithic groups. They're all individuals.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
My Political Stance on Issues:

Abortion: Conservative

Affirmative Action: Conservative

Death Penalty: Conservative

Econemy: Conservative

Education: Convservative

Stem Cell Research: Liberal

Energy: Liberal

Assisted Suicide: Conservative

Global Warming: I don't believe in Global Warming

Gun Control: Conservative

Health Care: Liberal

Homeland Security: Liberal

Immigration: Conservative

Private Property: Conservative

Religion and Government: Liberal

Same Sex Marriage: Conservative

Social Security: Not Libertarian and not Liberal

Taxes: Conservative

United Nations: Conservative

War On Terrorism: Liberal

Welfare: Conservative

UFO Disclosure: NO.

edit on 4-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Ron Paul on CSpan right now about everyone's money.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BruceEFury

Welcome to the middle. Both sides hate us. We refuse to jump on any bandwagon. We are superior for that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Don't feel like you have to call yourself one or the other. As long as you stand for what you believe in that's all that matters.
edit on 4-3-2012 by will615 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

How?

Because the two are so ideologically different. To say that you are tied between the two would suggest that you just woke up out of a coma and have absolutely no idea about anything. It suggests that you have absolutely no moral foundation or principals. There are certain principals that you must believe in, in order to claim to be a conservative. There are different types of conservatives, and it all depends on what you are trying or wanting to conserve.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join