It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im basically tied between Conservative and Liberal... Help?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Originally posted by mastahunta
reply to post by BruceEFury

Interesting, I say you should be what you are.

I have a similar makeup in my beliefs, but I identify liberalism due to
identifying with the workers over employers and the consumer over the corporation.
That is really how I seem to feel when each argument boils down to it.

That sounds a bit like you support communism. No offense intended. That was just my thought as I read it.

See ya,
Milt

I do not, I am just naturally wired to think bottom up, not top down.
I think money is power and I think the if you take the side of the least
powerful, everyone will benefit. I think consistently taking the side of the most
powerful is a way to create tyranny. If I any of my ideas coincide with Marx,
then it is not because I believe with his system, I think his system was a
horrible social experiment gone wrong, it might be that some of his observations
are accurate in some cases. So are some of Milton Friedman's ideas -

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Why do you want a label?
Why is the need to have a title so strong in our race?
I vote for what I feel is right.
I don't need a descriptive saying my views because my views are subject to evolve as my intelligence evolves.

I don't want a label. If someone asks me what my beliefs are I want a single word that basically sums it all up. So I don't have to go through every single issue causing a three hour political conversation.. The logic of that seems pretty understandable to me.. And doesn't everyone vote for what they feel is right? Seems pretty obvious.

edit on 3-3-2012 by BruceEFury because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BruceEFury

Originally posted by mastahunta

reply to post by Lexx790

Trust me, Ron Paul is my hero. I am a registered republican ONLY to vote for Ron Paul.
After that I will go to independent.

Another thing is

Do you think America should be controlled by the policies of a democratic process LIB

or

by the policies of privately held individuals, companies and interests CON

I think those are the essential questions that divide the current spectrum

It's hard to say because I believe in the free market CON, but at the same time I believe that the role of government shouldn't rely on companies to run things.. If that makes sense... You have to figure i'm fairly new at politics. I'm just trying to learn as much as I can about it. If i don't make sense i'm sorry. I guess I just lack the knowledge to choose between the two.

Well i believe in the free market up to a point... I think there is a very real point where free market
ideas are used to instate a private rule of law that is used to be self serving to the private
forces who make the law or the market policies.

This thread (below) is at the heart of the matter - you have some of the most drag down knockout
Left/Right arguments you can find. If you find yourself thinking I am totally wrong in my
assertions then you are are most certainly NOT a liberal. If you go through the three pages
you will understand the core of what the two ideas represent when put into practice.

The thread is about whether or not Oil prices that are artificially raised by private forces
(so they can make more money on top of the really high prices) are good for America, basically...
Check it out --------------------------- and in the end, the center is where its at IMO

Read through and you will see the stark contrast
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3-3-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Thanks for your advice, I've learned some things. I find it odd that so many people are quick to attack me saying I don't see the big picture.. and how I want a label... NO I want to learn about politics that's it. It's like people have an instant reaction to come up with an assumption that's completely off topic and not what my intentions we're in my OP. I don't know. I guess people just NEED to feel like they stand out, and want to be looked up to. MAN how things can be so easily turned around.. And I will check your thread out. It's useful information I can use, rather then reading someone's reply putting words in my mouth because of there self created assumption.. ATS is getting rather aggravating lately. Its mostly about arguments and stances rather then information and collaboration...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Why do you want a label?
I don't need a descriptive saying my views because my views are subject to evolve as my intelligence evolves.

I don't want a label. If someone asks me what my beliefs are I want a single word that basically sums it all up. So I don't have to go through every single issue causing a three hour political conversation.. The logic of that seems pretty understandable to me.. And doesn't everyone vote for what they feel is right? Seems pretty obvious.

I understand but that one word is still a label. Can't you just say Conservative Liberal? Conservative Liberalism

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Right, but the reason why i'm looking for this "label". If for that purpose.. Not because i want to feel cool.

But thanks, Ill use that next time me and my pops get into conversation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

No, I never believed you were saying that you supported communism. That was just the way "workers over employers" and "consumers over corporations" struck me at the time.

Cheers,
Milt

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Thanks for your advice, I've learned some things. I find it odd that so many people are quick to attack me saying I don't see the big picture.. and how I want a label... NO I want to learn about politics that's it. It's like people have an instant reaction to come up with an assumption that's completely off topic and not what my intentions we're in my OP. I don't know. I guess people just NEED to feel like they stand out, and want to be looked up to. MAN how things can be so easily turned around.. And I will check your thread out. It's useful information I can use, rather then reading someone's reply putting words in my mouth because of there self created assumption.. ATS is getting rather aggravating lately. Its mostly about arguments and stances rather then information and collaboration...

Well my thread is very heated, if you don't want to see the guts of the Left and Right
I'd say look away
aggravating can describe it too...

But it is the truth and the arguments are anything but superficial.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

No, I never believed you were saying that you supported communism. That was just the way "workers over employers" and "consumers over corporations" struck me at the time.

Cheers,
Milt

I understand Milt, many may think I sound like a commie because I do have that core belief.
I actually think we all have a bias for either the top down, or bottom up inclination.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Why do you want a label?

Just say you're a "moderate" or, more to the point, a "centrist". That should cover it pretty well.

/TOA

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Why do you want a label?

Just say you're a "moderate" or, more to the point, a "centrist". That should cover it pretty well.

/TOA

I agree with you

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I'd say you're right where you should be. I feel the same way, divided between the two. I've always believed myself that there was no 100% correct on either side, the "correct" is somewhere between the two.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
If you weren't against bogus wars you could be a neoconservative (not that you should want to be). I guess you'd have to chose between liberal republican, conservative democrat or "libertarian" (libertarian today is really just a republican who isn't a social conservative).

That sounds a bit like you support communism.

Sigh- why are so many Americans so small minded that they can't see anything between far extremes? It is getting so aggravating to hear people say ridiculous things like that.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Sigh- why are so many Americans so small minded that they can't see anything between far extremes? It is getting so aggravating to hear people say ridiculous things like that.

Who the hell are you, the thought police? As I tried to make clear, that was only a passing thought. Don't be so damn touchy.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I am very tired of hearing people label anything that could be beneficial for regular people as communism.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

I understand Milt, many may think I sound like a commie because I do have that core belief.

I knew where you were really coming from, and I somewhat agree with you.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I don't think the death penalty, education, and stem cell research are a conservative vs. liberal issue according to the small blip on each. Do "liberals" really disavow the idea of vouchers any more so than conservatives? I would say liberals would be more open to vouchers than conservatives.

Got to love the inconstancy of the conservative blips. "Killing" embryos for stem cell research is immoral and unethical because it's killing but killing people via the death penalty is fantastic (hate the sin, love the sinner, right?). But, if someone has a hellish, terminal disease, they should watch Fox and that will cure everything. What great people.

"We're all for individual rights!" And yet according to the blip, it supports racial profiling for airport security.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
I don't think the death penalty, education, and stem cell research are a conservative vs. liberal issue according to the small blip on each. Do "liberals" really disavow the idea of vouchers any more so than conservatives? I would say liberals would be more open to vouchers than conservatives.

Got to love the inconstancy of the conservative blips. "Killing" embryos for stem cell research is immoral and unethical because it's killing but killing people via the death penalty is fantastic (hate the sin, love the sinner, right?). But, if someone has a hellish, terminal disease, they should watch Fox and that will cure everything. What great people.

"We're all for individual rights!" And yet according to the blip, it supports racial profiling for airport security.

Killing an embryo is fine with me, as embryo's aren't conscience and have 1 - 2 cm brain.
But yeah it doesnt make sense how they would support death penalty of a conscience being that can feel and not support killing non self-aware machines for medical research.. But I have a feeling that most die hard millionare republicans support big pharma's and keeping people sick for profit.. explaining why they don't want stem cell research.. Cures for diseases = Less Money for Pharmacy's.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Taxes and economy conservative? How's life at the country club? Hope you enjoy less taxes for billionaires and an increase of these for the poor and declining middle class. If you are a conservative at this point in the game, you are either willfully ignorant, brain damaged, part of the elite as a member or a profiting shill tool.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

maybe your a moderate?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join