It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Smartphone app Ushers in the Digital Age of Citizen Spying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
New smartphone app ushers in the digital age of citizen spying
www.activistpost.com...

The West Virginia Department of Homeland Security released an app for mobile phones they have called the “Suspicious Activity Reporting” application.

This application will allow for citizens to report “suspicious persons” more easily than ever before, ushering in the digital age of citizen spying, a thought which would make Stalin and those like him drool with envy.

Oh, and you can report your friends and neighbors "Anonymously"...Riiight...

The application allows for users to choose to give their personal information when submitting the report or it gives them the choice to do it anonymously.

And we keep on ushering in the age of citizens spying on citizens to what end? We all end up not trusting the Jones Family down the street but put our faith completely in Big Brother. This is exactly what is happening and it's all according to plan. Instill mistrust amongst the populace and who do you have to protect you? Yup, Big Bro to the rescue.
endthelie.com...

Citizen spies are the hallmark of totalitarian regimes, fomenting distrust and suspicion between what should be friendly neighbors in order to keep everyone in line. This has now expanded to countries that are billed as bastions of freedom (laughable though that may be) like the United States and the United Kingdom. More at EndtheLie.com - EndtheLie.com...

I can see a lot of this happening tho...

This creates a problem for me, and many others who value privacy and accountability, as an angry neighbor or just about anyone else could maliciously file a false report to get the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or their allied agencies to harass an innocent person. This total lack of accountability would allow any individual to put another person in the sights of the DHS, even if they are doing nothing wrong or even suspicious.

People...what the hell is happening to us? Stop listening to the fear mongering and start listening to your common sense.

There is no terrorist in every bush. They are not buying a slushie in the line at 7-11 next to you every morning. Many of us citizens still pay with cash and will continue to do so because we don't like having every penny we own tied up in a big bank. That's the REAL reason.

Stop buying into this hype.

Many ask here daily what can be done about the encroachment of the police state but what about you? Why are YOU allowing it to happen?

Many also ask what they can do about it. Well, a small step is to NOT download this app. Don't support it and stop second guessing the motives behind someone mowing their lawn on a Sunday...yes, it's that ridiculous and it's getting worse.

I guess this thread could easily be taken for a rant and rightfully so. Am I angry? Hell Yes!

I am angry at those that would enslave us and I am angry at those that are helping them do it. From the puppets at the TSA, DHS and many other alphabet agencies to Joe down the street who will download this app because it's totally cool or he's bought into the fear and will report anyone that doesn't act or look as he believes they should according to his misconceived perceptions.

Gotta stop, have a shot of JD and breathe...

Peace

edit on 3-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well I just removed several regular even goofy apps from my phone because the updates wanted permission to my cal logs, searches, and gps just to hear cardinal s calls. U really don't need DHS apps...apparently a little bird will tel them...

edit on 3-3-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Well I just removed several regular even goofy apps from my phone because the updates wanted permission to my cal logs, searches, and gps just to hear cardinal s calls. U really don't need DHS apps...apparently a little bird will tel them...

edit on 3-3-2012 by sirjunlegun because: (no reason given)

With this app, the DHS is going to gain a lot of "little birds"...in the form of neighbors, friends etc.

I never thought when I was growing up that I would live in these times.

And judging by the lack of response to this news, many people are ok with it all I guess.

Peace

edit on 3-3-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here is how you handle it go ahead and become a spy clear your call logs open the app and start reporting Banks / The Fed / Politicians / Cops

you know spy on the spys see how they like that from everyone in the US

LOL

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You are right to be angry and outraged.TPTB in this case your DHS is using basic human nature to to create what can only become an age of despair and rage.And lemme tell you now,what they are relying on,is the feeling of "power" most folks secretly crave..the more petty,unscrupulous, despicable and low of character a person is,the more they want power over others-this i have seen numerous times in almost 5 decades of life..Every day now,a new nightmare.I will say this again,if you can possibly afford it,and especialy if you have young children,get out of the US,even its only to Canada.No geographical area defines who you are,as a person.If you cannot get out,see if you can make a life for yourself,far away from large population centres.This will stand you in good stead in the future,anyway.Even if your standard of living has to drop-your bank balance and possessions and the nice neighbourhood you maybe living in,dont define you as a person.Way things seem to be going,you could lose all of that anyway,in a heartbeat.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I just saw this today on a news site as I was getting ready for the day. I was going to author a quick thread about it when I found this one.

Figured more people would have taken notice; guess I was wrong.

s&f and bump.

This dystopian future we live in would have been nearly unbelievable 20 years ago. I wish I could go back in time with proof that I am from the future just to get peoples' reaction to things like this.

Whatever happened to our leaders declaring that fear is all we have to fear? Not that leaders haven't used used for control before, but now it's openly encouraged!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Reply to post by IndianaOps

That is the best idea I have EVER heard from this site. Imagine if everyone used the app to report TPTB....WOW.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is being touched on in another thread. We have reached a point where the ease and coolness of technology is being overshadowed by the invasive nature of it. This is just one more example.

A lot of this tech stuff started out as DARPA funded projects anyway. No surprise it's used against us now - many things that are developed for the battle-field or for espionage eventually end up being used against citizens. LRAD, drones, GPS, the speech gun, etc.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Thanks for the thread here jude11, makes me think of these Holy Bible verses:

Matthew 10:21
And the brother shall DELIVER up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.

Matthew 24:12
And because iniquity shall abound, the LOVE OF MANY shall wax cold.

National Defense Authorization Act? Patriotic "Act"? Wonder what the next "Act" in this "PLAY" will be? (2 Sam 2:14-15]

Which of course would make sense why this prophecy below would be important right before the coming of Jesus Christ BOTH times...remember the Israelis were under the rule of a big brother ROMAN system of law and corruption....just like we Christians are today in Amerika, USSA:

MALACHI 4:6
And he shall TURN THE heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
LUKE 1:17
And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to TURN THE hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

These are truly "troubling times" (Jer 30:7) we are living in....but the "great" (Matt 24:21)troubles are still ahead.......even so, Come Lord Jesus.
edit on 6-3-2012 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join