It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran war will bring US to its end: says Turkish politician

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Turkey’s Democrat Party leader, Namik Kemal Zeybek made a statement to PressTV (Iran)
saying any attack on Iran will be the end of the United States !!!!

He cites Iran's defense against (U.S. supported) Iraq in the 1980's, and claims Iran is even stronger now.

In the meantime, Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister Ali Babacan is against any military action against Iran ...
and stresses diplomacy.

Sat Mar 3, 2012 7:6PM GMT -- PressTV, Iran

The leader of Turkey’s Democrat Party, Namik Kemal Zeybek, told Press TV in an interview on Saturday that those who threaten to launch a war against Iran should remember Islamic Republic’s eight-year defense against Iraq from 1980 to 1988.

“The Islamic Republic of Iran, even at its earliest days after the Islamic Revolution, when it did not have an organized military, managed to defend its territory against a fully equipped and well-trained army of Iraq that was supported by the US and the West,” Zeybek stated.

“Any attack on Iran will bring an end to the United States. It will lead to the disintegration of the US because its states are not that much united as it may seem. Some of its southern states are annoyed by such [warmongering] policies and want to get separated from the US, and one day this will happen,” he concluded.

A senior Turkish politician has warned that any US war against Iran will bring an end to the United States, Press TV reports.

I wasn't aware that the Southern U.S. States are "annoyed" by war mongering !!

Nor was I aware of a Southern separatist movement !!

This man must be thinking of something he read about in U.S. history

Unless He knows something we don't know !!

edit on Mar-03-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Pretty much true because Iran will then rain down missiles on the Saudi Oil Fields and you guys know what happen when the Oilfields get hit

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Ya, We get screwed!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This is a completely off the wall thought, I admit my brain is scrambled.

If a US-Iran war means the end of the US, wouldn't the middle east be willing to trade the death of Iran for the death of the United States? Isn't that their number 1 or 2 goal? And how easily would Israel fall without American assistance? It seems like paying a penny to win a pound. What am I missing?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

He doesn’t know anything we don’t. This sounds like second rate Iranian propaganda to me!

Southern states are against attacking Iran to rid the Islam-a-radicals of nukes?? RIGHT, that makes sense!!!

I think this guy is seriously delusional! If it wasn’t for Red states we’d likely be selling Iran nukes (and Chevy Volts) right now!

edit on 3-3-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
America will fall, you cant mess with iran or turkey while at it, turn back.. save yourself the shame.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I don't know if a war between Iran and the U.S. would be the end of the America or not, but either way it goes things don't look good for America.. Iran has the advantage IMO.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Interesting but I see it a little differently,
It could spell the end of the US in other ways.

1. Oil supply disruption and rising costs will effect the US economy ,and the fed will print more money which will devalue the dollar further. = massive fuel price hikes and import costs and even more stress for the US people..
2. This will be no "walk in the park" aka Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya etc. Conflict will be extended. Massive loss of life. Draft will have to be activated. (will the US populace tolerate this)?
3. Conflict costs will be huge compared to others (can the US economy/populace sustain/tolerate this)?
4. All this could bankrupt the US, as I cannot see them winning this conflict. It will just suck the economy dry.
5 Then the people "could" rise up and "revolt".( If they are not all in detainment camps by then).

If Iraq took 10yrs this could last 20yrs. Anti Western sentiment will be forever ingrained.
Hate for westerners will be forever the norm and will never be appeased.
The world will be a darker place for it.

The best case scenario looks bad and the worst case scenario...I dont want to think about.

Let true dialogue begin. (yeah right)

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
wait until the jackals enter the scene, then we'll re-evaluate who and how fast will fail.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Well let us hope America doesn't elect Romney, Santorum or Gingrich

Then we won't have to prove him wrong

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

We resume drilling our oilfields here in the US and pay 15 cents a gallon??
No really, there is oil in the US!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I assume most of you think it was hard for us to take over Iraq. It's WAS a walk in the park for us. While I do admit holding on to it for 10 years was a stupid idea and wasn't easy. But that being said if/when we go to war with Iran it wont be to occupy the country, it will be strictly and run and gun campaign. We'll start by lining the countries eastern (Iraq) and western (Afghanistan) borders with ground troops (understand that's not just infantry), then the Navy and air force will start their bombing runs from the south. Taking out major military bases and airfield first, then working on any forces that might pose a threat to the ground invasion force. We could sweep the country in a month with minimal losses. Once the governing body and military leadership is cut off (dead, no contact, fleeing the country) from giving orders to their commands, they will drop their weapons and blend back into the population just like the Iraqi armies did. While it's not in the best interest of either of our countries to go to war, we could shut them up real quick with a couple quick moves if need be. But hey that's just my opinion. I was in Iraq and Afghanistan so I'm just talking from personal experience, I'm sure most of you commenting that we would lose have only seen war from a T.V. or computer screen.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Well, the rest of the world will have to deal that. The US can start finally exploiting their own oil fields. We are exporting more than we are using nowadays according to the news.

And on that, I must wonder...why exactly we are paying $4.00 a gallon?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
The US can start finally exploiting their own oil fields. We are exporting more than we are using nowadays according to the news.

And on that, I must wonder...why exactly we are paying $4.00 a gallon?

My friend , the USA past Peak Oil in the early 70's, where do you get the idea the US is a net exporter?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Check out the oil index.

If the populace were to really wake up about speculations in the market...then there may be a revolution. It's all there hiding in plain sight, but spun in a manner to keep people asleep.

The US has a abundance of energy reserves, but does nothing to exploit them.

Maybe they are waiting on the rest of the world to use theirs up which would leave the US as the go-to-guy.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

First, lets look at the oil and products that went to the largest export destinations:

Crude oil and products exports, Dec 2011, thousand barrels per day

Mexico 585
Netherlands 369
Canada 349
Chili 156
Brazil 144
Total 1,347
And then, lets look at the oil and products that were IMPORTED from those countries.

Crude oil and products IMPORTS, Dec 2011, thousand barrels per day

Mexico 1,064
Netherlands 101
Canada 2,932
Chili 0
Brazil 404
Total 4,501
The reality is the US is importing over 3 times as much oil and products from these countries as it is exporting to them. It`s a two-way street for crude oil and products. The US is refining crude oil for many other countries, and sending some of the refined products back to them in return, while keeping most of the products for its own use.
www.theoildrum.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

While all that is true, the US does have regions that they can exploit, but don't. Vast regions at that. Politics and conservationist are preventing that. The US is sitting on a buttload of potential energy.

I think that our Gov't are playing a dangerous game concerning resources.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Check out the oil index.

If the populace were to really wake up about speculations in the market...then there may be a revolution. It's all there hiding in plain sight, but spun in a manner to keep people asleep.

The US has a abundance of energy reserves, but does nothing to exploit them.

Maybe they are waiting on the rest of the world to use theirs up which would leave the US as the go-to-guy.

And there, I believe you have hit the nail on the proverbial head. I have always believed that the US is positioning themselves to be the "manager" of the ME oil fields. Imagine the power in that!!
edit on 4-3-2012 by jdb51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jdb51

Yep, plenty of power to be had and with it a power to dictate what does or does not happen throughout the world.

I'm sure the average US citizen would benefit from this overall but boy would the rest of the world be PO'ed.

Well, with the exception of the US Allies as they would be recipients as well.

When you think about it...politics as usual.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Sounds like a guy speaking to his party in order to be elected. IMO the US will never lose a war which is fought at 100%, but we haven't done that ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join