It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ufo's, Stars, and Satellites. How Do We Discern?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How do we tell the difference? My binoc's only see so far but I see spinning objects flashing red, green, and yellow. I seen what i thought was a bright star one night and i got my tripod and binoc's. 5 minutes later, it was gone! What the hell is goin on out there in the cosmos? I would love any feedback on what an individual thinks about Ufo's, Stars, and Satellites.
edit on 3-3-2012 by EddieBee because: I pressed enter by accident before posting the discussion.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You could start here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
well stars and satellites don't make 90 degree turns at high speed or disarm nuclear devices if that's what your asking.

Clicky
edit on 3-3-2012 by LonelyGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
NM...posted

edit on March 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I just wanted to add: I seen a ufo one night seconds after making a joke about aliens. I seen a flash in the corner of my eye and sure enough when i looked out the window I seen a Chevron shaped craft with 3 green lights. Was it an rc toy? Was it a genuine ufo? Was it military? I dont know, but I seen it seconds after making a joke. Any takers?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
simple satellite tracker
That will give you a head start on those. Read the space forum.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I don't use binoculars or anything to look for UFOs. I see them quite often whenever I'm outside looking up at the sky. After many years of looking, I can give some advice on how to discern what you're seeing. Also, to give a little background, a contactee first showed me these orb type UFOs back in 2003. I still don't know exactly what these things are, but I have had an orb come right up to me one time so I know I'm not simply mistaking things in the sky for orbs. Anyway, here's my analysis.

I used to work with aircraft in the Air Force, so I'm quite familiar in identifying planes. Typically if they are flying overhead you can see flashing lights, and if it's quiet enough outside you can also hear them. If you see flashing lights, then you're probably seeing a plane. And if the plane is flying lower in the horizon, there's a better chance that it'll look like a steady light. If you wait, you might eventually see the flashing lights, but if not, you can usually tell it's a plane because the light looks more man made (it's more of an orange or yellow color instead of the pure white you see in a star). In general, I ignore any lights that are lower in the horizon because they're almost always a plane.

It's much harder to distinguish between a satellite and an orb. What I like to do is look at the sky in the city. The light pollution prevents you from seeing most satellites, and if you do see something, you can go to heavens-above to see if there are any satellites crossing overhead at that time. Heavens-above gives you the luminosity of the objects, so you can determine whether or not it would be visible.

If you are seeing an orb (or UFO), then it'll generally act erratically. Often times it'll flash real bright, then fade away, and then appear again. Or if you're lucky, it'll do something even more extreme. On a couple of occasions I've seen several orbs at the same time that circled around each other and sort of seemed to do a dance before flying away.

As for stars.....Well, they just sit still and shine
Shouldn't be hard to identify a star.

Good luck with your stargazing and let me know if you have any more questions.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddieBee
I just wanted to add: I seen a ufo one night seconds after making a joke about aliens. I seen a flash in the corner of my eye and sure enough when i looked out the window I seen a Chevron shaped craft with 3 green lights. Was it an rc toy? Was it a genuine ufo? Was it military? I dont know, but I seen it seconds after making a joke. Any takers?

My guess would be that you saw a plane or something man made. Of course I could be wrong, so I'd have to see it myself to give you a better answer.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by EddieBee
How do we tell the difference? My binoc's only see so far but I see spinning objects flashing red, green, and yellow. I seen what i thought was a bright star one night and i got my tripod and binoc's. 5 minutes later, it was gone! What the hell is goin on out there in the cosmos? I would love any feedback on what an individual thinks about Ufo's, Stars, and Satellites.
edit on 3-3-2012 by EddieBee because: I pressed enter by accident before posting the discussion.

Just look for the formation of something flying together in a triangle formation.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by killuminati2012

thanks bro.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yeah the kicker is, I seen it so close and I was stunned. I rolled my chair back to the wall and was in total fear.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I wish I had the balls to keep staring at it but it was all too overwhelming.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
For a starter, bright stars are almost always going to show multiple colors.

Second, they move slowly with the rotation of the earth, of course, but if you stand looking at one long enough, you and even your buddies will swear it is moving around in various motions. Eliminate that by positioning yourself where something solid, such as a tree or building is positioned close to the object. That will usually halt any antics you think you are seeing.

It is stays in the same position anytime at all, it probably is a bright star or planet.

(Download a free star chart and learn how to use it occasionally to know what planets are visible at that time.)

Satellites usually move generally east to west. None move east to west. Some move across the poles generally from north to south. I don't think any move south to north. Satellites will never be seen to change course. They usually will fade out as they move away from where the sun is positioned. (At nighttime, that will mean as they move easterly.)

Satellites will not be displaying any colored lights, only reflected sunlight if at all.

Keeping these general rules in mind will help you discern much of what you are seeing.

new topics

top topics

join