It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright lights and orange glow in northern England/scotlan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Police forces say have they received a number of calls reporting what is believed to have been a meteorite.

Reports of a "bright light" and an "orange glow" came in across the north of England and Scotland at about 21:40 GMT amid fears a plane had crashed.

The Met Office tweeted: "Hi All, for anyone seeing something in the night sky, we believe it was a meteorite."

Durham police said air traffic control had confirmed there had not been any incidents of aircraft in difficulties.

Source bbc

Possible meteorite or maybe a UFO being covered up??? Thoughts please

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The flash of light you saw in the sky was not a UFO. Swamp gas from a weather balloon was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lol very good you sound like you should work for the goverment I do find it strange how we have had so many sightings of UFOs already this year but no matter it will get covered up somehow let's just hope we will get the truth in our lifetime

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I seen this with my own eyes, thought it was a firework at 1st. Was an amazing sight but dfeinately looked like a meteor. But it did burn and stay alluminated for longer than any other ive seen so it must have been pretty big, or space junk, or something else......

Was a brilliant white ball followed by a huge golden trail.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maxpayne00

www.bbc.co.uk...

Link to an article about this on the BBC news website; was reading it several minutes before i came across your post. Interesting none the less.

Personally i live in the south-west of england, and happened to be out looking up at mars around the time of the report on the bbc website, didn't spot anything out of the ordinary here.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I can try and figure out which direction it came from??

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Was anything visible across Ireland?
I only say this because I was on my sofa watching TV in the dark earlier when a flash caught my eye (I have a skylight in my living room. I reckon it was sometime between 9.00pm and 10.00pm I live in Co. Monaghan.
I assumed it was lightning even though there was no thunderstorm nor was one forecast this evening.

I thought nothing more about it until I came onto ATS and read the meteorite threads from Scotland / Northern England.

Its probably not related but I thought I'd ask anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Just saw the video on BBC News 24. (Sorry can't find link)

Clearly a meteorite.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Please check out the Fragile Earth Forum for threads on this...

They are meteorites, not UFOs

Closed.

Also, please remember to use source links for the info and EX tags for external material...

Posting Work Written by Others..
edit on March 3rd 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join