It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colo. Gov. calls Lt. Gov. ‘sex star’ at elementary school [AUDIO]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I didn't know where else to place this, so I figured it's a social issue and picked this forum.

The article is short and I still haven't confirmed that this was stated in front of elementary students, but it's disturbing to me on many levels even if it was said in front of an all adult audience.
Here's the article:
dailycaller.com...

Democratic Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper introduced his lieutenant governor, Joe Garcia, as a “sex star” at an elementary school literacy event and quickly amended his remark, saying he meant to call him a sex “symbol.”

According to the Denver Post, the event was held at Colfax Elementary School in Denver before about 40 children.

“Now I get to introduce that rising sex star — symbol. I mean, symbol — not star,” said Hickenlooper, according to audio captured by the radio station KOA.

“This might go down as one of my most difficult press conferences in the history of the office.”

Please visit the link for the audio of him making a fool of himself and his associate. I honestly can't believe people were laughing. Maybe they were laughing because they thought he accidently said the word 'sex' when he meant to say something else?

Why would any public figure think it's acceptable to introduce someone as a sex star or sex symbol at a literacy event at an elementary school, or anywhere for that matter? His comment and his less than stellar correction gives me the creeps! It's a press conference for goodness sake! What's the matter with him? If the person he was introducing had been a woman, would it seemed just as acceptable to him? Besides, if I were the man he was introducing, I'd be so embarrassed! Maybe this was pre-planned? It appears that he's more embarrassed about replacing the word 'symbol' with 'star', which doesn't seem to make a bit of difference to me. The sex appeal of a politician doesn't even cross my mind when I'm trying to decide if I'm going to vote for them.

Anyways, for me, this is just another example of how society is being consumed by the sewer. Some things just shouldn't be said by certain people in certain instances and I feel this is one of those times. I think he should be ashamed of himself. Aside from politics, it seems that society in general is becoming strangely sexualized. It's as though they are using it as a means of distraction. Just the word 'sex' alone will cause the brain to break concentration and wander, which is what I believe we are seeing here. If this is the case, his mind trick backfired on him since he fell for it himself.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
now thats funny .
politicians showing the depths of their depravity ...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowlord

Agreed. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds this repulsive.

Not quite as strange, but this story still makes me think of this:
firstread.msnbc.msn.com...

"Insulation is sexy" was President Obama's message today, as he urged Congress to provide temporary incentives to Americans who want to retrofit their homes to make them more energy efficient.

It's as though they're stuck in a high school mentality by thinking that mentioning sex is going to keep them cool and popular. Grow up already! If they would just stick to the facts instead of trying to turn everything into sexually explicit propaganda, we might be able to take them seriously.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It's an indication of how seriously they take their jobs. Our leaders are a bunch of clowns.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Here's some more detail and now I'm truly disgusted to learn that children were in fact present.
www.chron.com...

The governor mistakenly referred to Garcia as a "rising sex star" Wednesday. He made the remark while introducing him at a childhood literacy event attended by about 40 children at a Denver elementary school.

www.usnews.com...

Hickenlooper routinely introduces Garcia as a "rising star" and a "rock star" at public events.

I'm thinking he needs to scrap his "routine". What a freak!

edit on 3-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Playing one of the few cards left to keep the attention of the people .. the interest / desire for sex and being sexy . they know the old methods losing effectiveness so they're trying a new tac ..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
dailycaller.com...

Democratic Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper .......

“Now I get to introduce that rising sex star — symbol. I mean, symbol — not star,” said Hickenlooper, according to audio captured by the radio station KOA.

“This might go down as one of my most difficult press conferences in the history of the office.”

Seriously, what is wrong with these men? I would not trust children
to be around either one after this. In a day and age where it is common for
children to be abused by teachers who lure them to be molested...

This is shocking speech from someone in the spotlight.
"Shame" on them both.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I can just imagine what they talk about in private.
They come off as real perverts.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yes. Perverts. My thoughts exactly.
It really gives me the creeps to think that they found this to be an acceptable introduction if rehearsed or discussed ahead of time.
Honestly, I'm really at a loss for words about this entire event. I think he should make a pubic, er, public, apology for his gross misconduct in front of such young children. If he gets re-elected, I'll know that the voting is rigged and that he may actually be giving someone blow jobs to ensure that he stays where he is.

These people are dangerous. Period.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Why would any public figure think it's acceptable to introduce someone as a sex star or sex symbol at a literacy event at an elementary school, or anywhere for that matter?

Because the sycophants are degenerate beyond belief.

They slave trade in mind controlled children who have been tortured MK ULTRA style.

So there is probably a video of him somewhere doing something degenerate sexually and this is an inside joke.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Thank you for bringing up the root of the problem.
It's more than disturbing to know that this is going on under the radar because rich, powerful people are involved and protect their own. Truly sick. Now, we see it being introduced to normal society as though it's a joke and should be laughed off.

new topics

top topics

join