It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

light over bolton bury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
just been in my garden and saw what I first thought was a firework in the sky travelling north to south over bolton bury area. Light was very bright green and I assume it was a meteor burning up on re-entry, but am unsure. Anyone else seen this. Was travelling about the speed of a firework in the sky, but never fell to the ground and travelled very quickly out of sight.

p00hbear

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I just rushed out and I couldn't see anything.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
just checked out a couple of web sites, big meteor shower over uk now, meteorites have been sighted in both north and south

p00hbear

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hello there
I was just out of my door about 9 40pm when I just saw what you saw I believe. It was very large, no noise and had a very red and white tail. The position of my house meant that i had time to yell my partner out of his room and told him to look at this zooming over the sky. Id say it took two seconds for him to shoot out and was in the sky for a further 5 seconds for us to have a conversation over it! Id even say more than 5 seconds going by what was said,

*did you see that*,
*what the hell is that*,
*wow is that a rocket*, *wheres the noise thou*,
*the trajectory is too wrong for that to be a firework and too big*

I live in Stretford, Manchester. It came from the direction of Bury/Manchester and flew to the Chorlton area.

Sorry it took me this time to post, but Im on the netbook and had to wait to get my details to log in! But im glad I wasnt the only one to see it! Was truly amazing and im off for another look around.

Clangers

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
been following #meteorwatch, huge number of sightings all over the UK tonight, keep yr eyes open, huge fireballs in the sky

p00hbear

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Which one Bolton or Bury?

and from which to which. and yes I am from that area, so it's not like I don't know where they are.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Noticed it heading south over towards Glasgow around 9.45pm, it looked big and was moving straight....

The centre looked blue surrounded by a bright white and it was moving fast and quiet. The best one I've seen yet!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Got a couple of local reports here, reports from Dumbarton, Falkirk and Glasgow. Hearsay until we get pics.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I'm in the south of England so can't see anything over Bolton in the north (sniffle)
As a matter of interest, do any of you northern guys know the exact location where PC Alan Godfrey had a pointblank close encounter/abduction with a UFO on the Burnley road near Todmorden in 1980? I want to check out the exact spot on Google street view.
Incidentally what a pity his patrol car wasn't fitted with a dashcam or we'd have a sensational close up pic of a UFO!
As it is, he can only draw what he saw (below)-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
sky news are running a bottom feed saying Met Office believe bright light over the UK was meteor.

Reet im out on the watch

Wooot might see my second up close meteor!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
here's the vid

www.youtube.com...

p00hbear

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Nice pic taken over Glasgow.
p.twimg.com...:large
edit on 3-3-2012 by Elmer_Dinkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My initial response was going to be the usual - you're mistaken.

However, about two years ago, I saw the most amazing meteor ever, which was never reported anywhere else.

I was born in 1970, and have been into astromony since 1983, when I was bought a 70mm refractor, upon which I mounted a Minolta x300 SLR about a year or so later. My knowledge of the sky is better than average.

Approximately two years ago I saw a green meteor light up the sky. It was like looking through a green-screen night vision camera. Except this was extemely bright. And I mean VERY bright. It travelled across Sittingbourne towards Essex, and was easily the best meteor I have ever witnessed. I have never found a single source to corroborate this.

So I belive you witnessed something extremely rare. Kudos!

edit on 3-3-2012 by BagBing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join