It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experience At The Washington State Caucus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You know, I'm not sure if it makes any difference at all but I can honestly say that it made me feel better to finally DO something other than just complain. As I stood there looking around that room, I thought about ALL the other people I know around my age that also complain.....yet didn't vote. If all of us complainers HAD, perhaps Ron Paul would have won Washington.

posted on Mar, 12 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Great story, as I had wondered what it was like to attend a caucus. But it is sad that many of us complain, but do not actually take action. I used to be quite active in local politics, helping candidates to get elected, but then I got disgusted a couple of years ago, and told them not to call me anymore. And this was probably going to be the first presidential election where I did not vote.

But you are right, if we do nothing, then nothing will change. So I suppose I will vote, but it will probably be for Ron Paul, which here in Oregon will be a wasted vote, as by the time we vote in the Pacific Northwest, the candidates have been chosen, but at least I will be making a statement. Reading your story reminded me of why I never missed voting in a presidential election, because I always believed that if you do not vote, you have no right to complain.

<< 1   >>

join