It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NJ CVS gives cancer meds to kids, not fluoride....SAY WHAT?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is most disturbing:

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) — CVS officials say only a few children ingested pills for breast cancer treatment that they mistakenly received from a New Jersey pharmacy instead of the fluoride pills that were prescribed.

No injuries related to the mixup had been reported as of Saturday afternoon. The two pills are similar looking but have distinctively different tastes.

Investigators are still working to determine how and why the errors occurred at the CVS pharmacy in Chatham. The pharmacy has acknowledged improperly dispensing the breast cancer-fighting drug Tamoxifen instead of chewable fluoride tablets to children in as many as 50 families between Dec. 1 and Feb. 20.

Fluoride helps prevent tooth decay and is usually prescribed by dentists for children. Tamoxifen is used to treat breast cancer and blocks the female hormone estrogen.

news.yahoo.com...

I'm not sure if I'm more concerned with the mix-up or the fact that there is poison (fluoride) in a pill that we are giving our children. Nevermind the fact that our water is already poisoned with this stuff already!

If they can't get it to you in your water, they'll get it to you in a pill. I'm so disgusted.

Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets

Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets are used for:

Preventing cavities in children over 6 months old when the amount of fluoride in the water supply is too low.

Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets are a mineral and a non-cavity-promoting sweetener combination. The mineral works by strengthening the teeth and decreasing the effects of acid and bacteria on the teeth. The sweetener works by decreasing the risk of cavities.

Do NOT use Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets if:
you are allergic to any ingredient in Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets
your drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 0.6 parts per million (ppm)
you have severe kidney problems, joint pain, stomach or bowel ulcers, or softening of your bones (osteomalacia, rickets)

Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.

Before using Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets:

Some medical conditions may interact with Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:

if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
if you have kidney problems

www.drugs.com...

edit on 3-3-2012 by chrismicha77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

your drinking water has a fluoride content greater than 0.6 parts per million (ppm)
you have severe kidney problems, joint pain, stomach or bowel ulcers, or softening of your bones (osteomalacia, rickets)

Some medical conditions may interact with Sodium Fluoride Chewable Tablets. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:

if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement

Admission that the tablets contribute to these preexisting issues?

This blatant harming of children and adults is so dark, Satan himself is in awe.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Domesticate them while they are young I've always said.

So since they are for toothe decay in CHILDREN, then they chew them up and spit them out right? Caaaaause all the experts say don't swallow it. Unbelievable, why don't these jack offs just tell them to drink more water (up the dose) if their water doesn't have "enough"

This would've surprised and enraged me five years ago, now I think it's better they didn't give these families the fluoride today. Maybe they will not be as domesticated as all the other kids I see these days.

God I hate fluoride...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The best medicines and suppliments are the ones you can grow or gather yourself.

That is a pretty grave error--but errors like this can only happen when you give away the power to take care of your body to someone else. Not to say there isn't a right time or place for doctors (broken bones are never fun!), but living healthfully and preventatively would lessen the need for everything from cancer drugs to dental issues.

And the misinformation... Unfortunately, some parents probably thought they were doing the good thing when they were getting those poison pills to their kids.
I know I got the icky fluoride mouth sponge a bunch of times as a child.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
CVS pharmacist: "At least I still remembered to give them their receipt with the medicine."

Glad no one was hurt.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Instead of teaching them on good eating habits and proper teeth care. We teach them that there is a pill for that.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
You would think... It takes a pharmacist about half an hour to count out 20 pills. How they mixed this up is beyond me. Geesh. There is no excuse for this negligence. Those pharmacists make damn good money if you ask me and considering the importance of their jobs and considering that people lives are potentially at their hands, the pharmacist should lose his/her license for good. This is unacceptable. If It were my child that had gotten the wrong med from a pharmacist that takes half an hour to count out a dozen pills, I would be one very unhappy camper.

At least it was only tamoxifen that they ingested and not something more severe, like an opiate or blood pressure meds.

edit on 3-3-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Never heard of fluoride pills before. What a HORRIBLE thing to give to anyone. Toxic waste in pill-form, how wonderful. Brought to us from our wonderful Pharmaceutical companies, FDA, and the AMA and other scumbag associations.

And anyone who has ever visited Trenton NJ, would see how such a mix-up could happen. Lots of degenerate crack-heads living in Trenton. All the normal behaving and decent folks have already moved outta those SLUMS awhile ago.

BUT, to be fair to them, I must admit in all honesty, that the crackheads up in Trenton ARE quite a bit smarter than the average folk I have come across in the (SIGH) deep-South, when I lived there for several years in Texas.

edit on 3-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

What chewable fluoride??????

Just keeps getting stranger and stranger....

Fluoride does not benefit you.

Fluoride Toxicity
edit on 3-3-2012 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Admission that the tablets contribute to these preexisting issues?

This blatant harming of children and adults is so dark, Satan himself is in awe.

Except if there is a deficiency. People take other elements as supplements, in case you have not heard. They take vitamins.

www.mii.org...

chemistry.about.com...

"99% of the mass of the human body is made up of just six elements: oxygen, ... Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron"
edit on 3-3-2012 by Malcher because: Added bold to Fluorine

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ugh...I remember taking fluoride pills when I was younger, im surprised they still have them. Such a shame that this happened.
But despite what a previous poster said, sarcastic or not, pharmacists are very busy. I worked in a cvs pharmacy for a short time, and they run around like chickens with no heads more often than not, i didnt envy them at all. I hope those families get compensated somehow. I can only imagine what Id do if it was one of my kids... :-/

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

www.mii.org...

chemistry.about.com...

"99% of the mass of the human body is made up of just six elements: oxygen, ... Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron"

hmm you kinda took it out of context... according to your link;
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%) ALMOST part of less than 1%... kinda short on the 99%

not exactly one of the "just six"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

www.mii.org...

chemistry.about.com...

Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%) ALMOST part of less than 1%... kinda short on the 99%

Sorry i just copied that from the google search page, i gave the link. The point is this element is present in the human body and we do take many of those same elements as supplements.

These people have a doctor tell them, from tests, that they are deficient. Honestly, i dont even go to doctors myself or rather just have not been to one in may years, but medicine has really advanced in the past few decades. I am sure the pills will not harm but probably do some good.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

There is no such thing as a fluoride deficiency. You could entirely take out fluoride from the human body and there would be no ill effects, if anything it would help.

Oddly enough, the anti hormone drugs are probably safer for a kid than the fluoride.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Never heard of fluoride pills before.

Now that I think of it, isn't Prozac (fluoxietine hydrochloride) 30% fluoride by weight? I suppose fluoride pills are common...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

www.mii.org...

chemistry.about.com...

Exactly! It doesn't take into count the insane amount of fluoride we take in from the food they put it in.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by Malcher

There is no such thing as a fluoride deficiency. You could entirely take out fluoride from the human body and there would be no ill effects, if anything it would help.

Oddly enough, the anti hormone drugs are probably safer for a kid than the fluoride.

LOL...How would eliminating fluoride from the human body help? It is present naturally in the human body...It is part of the physical makeup of the human body. You are reading too many tabloids.
It is present, it has a purpose weather we are fully aware of what that purpose is or not. Sheeesh....*shakes head*

I bet you would prefer humans were only made of water.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1
reply to post by Malcher

LOL...How would eliminating fluoride from the human body help? It is present naturally in the human body...It is part of the physical makeup of the human body. You are reading too many tabloids.
It is present, it has a purpose weather we are fully aware of what that purpose is or not. Sheeesh....*shakes head*

I bet you would prefer humans were only made of water.

How does fluoride help the body? Fluoride increases bone cancer in young men and contributes to bone fractures in the elderly, which is a major cause of death for that age group. And many other issues supported by studies.

Do people often prefer you were only made of water?
edit on 5-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

These people have a doctor tell them, from tests, that they are deficient. Honestly, i dont even go to doctors myself or rather just have not been to one in may years, but medicine has really advanced in the past few decades. I am sure the pills will not harm but probably do some good.

Again, no doctor will tell you, tests or not, that you have a deficiency of fluoride because such a thing doesn't exist in the medical field.

You are "sure" the pills will not harm, but will "probably" do some good. Are you "probably sure"?

edit on 5-3-2012 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

I was thinking the same thing, chrismicha77. It was bad enough that these children received breast cancer treatment pills, but I was horrified to learn that sodium flouride is actually being prescribed to children. After reading the warnings included in the documentation for these pills, its obvious that sodium flouride is toxic to the kidneys and the bones. On second thought, though, I profoundly believe that people should be able to ingest whatever they please (including sodium flouride). I guess I would rather see flouride in a pill form that is optional to take, than to see it added to the water supply by government decree, thereby forcing it upon everyone.

The Flouride Action Network has been successful in convincing communities all around the country to no longer mandate the addition of flouride in the water supply. I wonder if this particular community quit putting flouride in the water and that is the reason for the prescriptions.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join