It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM is at it again, Discrediting Ron Paul, Saying He Isn't Serious About Becoming President.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
They are trying to put out the impression that Ron Paul isn't serious about his bid for the White House. They say he only wants influence, and not power. Once again, twisting his words. Although he did say this, he is completely in the right to say so, and not intend that he doesn't want to be president. Power is force, (what our current president, as well as all other candidates want) Influence is leadership, which is what we need.

He said, when asked if he dreamed about being in the white house, "no". Well, why should he? He is realistic, knowing that there is a good possibility that he won't make, it. This doesn't mean he is pessimistic, it just means he understands the risk. Besides, if he HAD said yes, they would have mocked him for that.

edit on 3-3-2012 by resist2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2012 by resist2012 because: bad link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Maybe its just me, but this didn't really look like it painted him in that bad of light. In fact the video can be used in support of Ron Paul. They even credited his "authenticity"

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It sounds like a mixed message.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I agree with both of you. It COULD be used in a positive manner, but at the same time, it is one of those things that they kind of steer into the way of "He isn't serious, he doesn't like his supporters" etc... It depends on the viewer. And people who are on the fence, I could see disliking him, because he isn't quite "lie to me" politician. In other segments, they portray him as being "a pacifist" and and "isolationist", or "not electable". Looking at JUST this video, I can see how it can be a sort of mixed message, but looking at it along with many other segments from all main stream media outlets, he is a crazy old isolationist pacifist, with crazy ideas that sound great but won't work. It really shows that while the media is "bias", in the end they are working for the same outcome. Put 2 people up against each other, whose only difference is abortion/religion/ social programs and other things that, on a bigger scale, don't matter, but only distract the people and keep them arguing.

ALL candidates are heading for war and self destruction of our economy. Bottom line. They all want power and control, and in the end the outcome is the same. The evidence of this can be seen more clearly throughout the last 10-20 years. Republicans are talking about smaller government while at the same time, expanding the war on terror, giving bigger budgets to the alphabet agencies, and creating the patriot act. While democrats say they are about civil liberties, the majority passed the patriot act. Then while still talking about civil liberties, they also pass the NDAA. While they come out against SOPA, they pass ACTA, while they all say they are against war in Iraq and Afghanistan, they expand it, and even move to other Arab countries. The REALLY big issues, ie, our economy, our foreign policy, and our freedoms, are always looked at the same by all other candidates. The only difference, is how they present it.

Look at John McCain, "True Conservative", Sponsored the NDAA. Then Obama, I am going to end the wars, well, he did bring MOST of our troops home from Iraq, but that was a result of failed negotiations. He was trying to keep them there longer, but Iraq said no.

While liberals say they are about your own personal freedoms, like say, Pro choice, because the government shouldn't "put their hands on women's bodies" they mandate that you must purchase health care, that THEY have to run our educational system, that THEY have to do almost EVERYTHING for us, oh, except abortion. THEN they tell us WE ALL have to pay for people who can't afford abortions, regardless of our personal views on the matter.

All presidents say they will do this or that and repeal this, or change that, but in the end, they compromise, meaning nothing really changes. Except the constant decay of our constitutional liberties.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I take it to mean he's a Patriot, not a power snob. He's in to to do a necessary, but non-enviable "job."

Plus: With his intellect and passion one would assume he has a "Plan B" to at least jiggle the system along.

Is there a Doctor in the house? Liberty has taken ill.

new topics

top topics

join