It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin patron saint's heart stolen from Christ Church Cathedral

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
was listening to some more news reports on this. dont think it was drunk kids now.

seems there was good security and it was not tripped.

they believe whoever stole the heart , hide in the church before it was locked up for the night and then left the next morning when it was opened up.

Whoever took it knew what they were doing.

So you have a pro, which means somebody hired him to steal it.

There is a big black market for religious icons, rich people are funny that way. I think it gives them a feeling of power, self assurance that they are a king of the universe. Just to have something like this heart to show friends and impress them.

Most people have things like coin or stamp collections. The big boys pay a different game.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nolabel

Well knowing what I know about the people really calling the shots, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they needed these for some sort of sick ritual or something. Maybe they're going to Bohemian Grove. You never know.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
There is always the possibility of ransom is there not?

The heart may not have a 'value' in monetary terms but I am sure the Church would like to get it back.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
This is a strange one indeed, Ireland has been undergoing a wave of theft involving on one hand odd religious artifacts (of no real material value in proportion to the risk involved) and metals, esp high value ones ie. public sculptures and plaques etc of bronze, copper etc. Gold and silver are also targeted over other sale-able goods for their high value and portability.

I know the Christchurch area very well and believe me it can be like a George A Romero movie sometimes with all the junkies roaming about, anything of value that isn't nailed down would be stolen for cash. For an opportunist thief to leave gold and silver objects which could be easily fenced and devote some time to removing this cumbersome object which is now recognisable to so many (and repugnant to many more) doesn't add up.

IMHO This was a targeted raid, done to order for a client who wanted that object alone and not for its monetary value. In fact this relic was one of the lesser known ones in the possession of the catholic church in Ireland. A few streets away the heart of St Valentine is kept in a casket in another (probably less well protected) church who is a much more globally recognisable saint, and probably a more potent symbolic icon, if occult forces were involved.
If the head of st Oliver Plunkett goes missing from St Peters in Drogheda then we should fear the worst:

Some evil mastermind is building a Frankenstein's monster from old bits of saints,
"light your torches villagers! - to the castle!"

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Oooooooh, I have a new conspiracy theory.

They're only being staged to look like they were stolen, they're starting to pack things away for safe keeping until whatever is coming passes.

What do you think, weak or strong?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

They're only being staged to look like they were stolen, they're starting to pack things away for safe keeping until whatever is coming passes.

The force is strong with you.

Though a small sign saying "This artefact is currently being restored/preserved" would probably suffice while the vatican buries them in their vaults for the remainder of 2012. Good theory though! I like it!
edit on 4-3-2012 by HumansEh because: spellin

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
it could have been the act of a desperate person at their wits end.

you can't condemn someone without knowing all the facts. you also can't own a heart, so it isn't theft.

edit on 4-3-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

The force is strong with you.

Though a small sign saying "This artefact is currently being restored/preserved" would probably suffice while the vatican buries them in their vaults for the remainder of 2012. Good theory though! I like it!
edit on 4-3-2012 by HumansEh because: spellin

Or, they are using the break in's as a reason to put it all in storage in the near future, until security can be assured.

We could still be in the opening moves of a long chess game. Just getting the pawns positioned.

This if fun, I see why people do it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join