It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dublin patron saint's heart stolen from Christ Church Cathedral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

I'm not judging your faith; I'm saying you have no right to judge other's belief when you also believe something equally absurd.

Best to just let people make their own mistakes and let god, if one exists, do the judging.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Weird indeed.

I wouldn't say it was drunk kids, the place is fairly secure, I think it's locked down around 6pm, unless of course they were drunk from the night before but I'd find that hard to imagine.

Whoever took this knew what they were after I reckon. My money is on some educated pranksters who just want to cause a stir. Although you can't rule out occult motives, I mean if you're into that stuff then having a saints heart in a box would definitely get your peers to shut up and listen to you at the next 'witch-moot' or whatever you call it.

I have always thought that the religious obsession with bits of saints was a tad insane. A saint dies, they chop him up and send bits of him all over the kingdom in little gold or silver boxes and chalices, then on certain days of the year they take the bits out and people lick them for good luck or something along those lines, weirdos.

edit on 3-3-2012 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

No. You may believe you know, "the truth" about the bible, but in fact you're just guessing, at best.

It's cool that you have such strong faith in your beliefs, but they're just that: beliefs.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Azadok

No. You may believe you know, "the truth" about the bible, but in fact you're just guessing, at best.

It's cool that you have such strong faith in your beliefs, but they're just that: beliefs.

Text Isa 44:15-A MAN…HE MAKETH A GOD, AND WORSHIPPETH IT; HE MAKETH IT A GRAVEN IMAGE, AND FALLETH DOWN THERETO. Isa 44:17-HE MAKETH A GOD, EVEN HIS GRAVEN IMAGE: HE FALLETH DOWN UNTO IT, AND WORSHIPPETH IT, AND PRAYETH UNTO IT, AND SAITH, DELIVER ME; FOR THOU ART MY GOD.

This is just a couple of verses in regards to that practice. I will reiterate my first statement these objects the catholic church save from the bodies of people they consider saints are idols that people pray to , this is evil in Gods eyes no matter what the pope says about it .

Further these people they call saints could very well have committed a crime that is abdominal in the eyes of God . For instance God considers rape a crime worthy of death and the bible says to put all rapists to death so their spiritual soul can be judge for this crime. .

Again I only speak the truth when it comes to the bible because judgement begins at the pulpit and this is a type of pulpit.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Azadok

Quoting scripture doesnt mean YOUR interpretation of it is accurate. Obviously.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Actually GOD
,seeing that he is actually a living GOD,
would obviously,, know about modern day Genetics/Gene Sequening

and following a genetic sample too modern day, decendants,,
by matching the DNA,,they could actually find the living decendents of the SAINTS of
GOD,

and maybe ask there help,,?

Me.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wait what? Some dude's heart was really in there? Am I the only one that thinks that is kinda strange? Seems like some occult type stuff......

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm Catholic, and I'll say it again for all those ignorant in the Catholic beliefs whom think we all worship statues and such

When you say Catholics are 'praying' to saints, youre incorrect, we are asking the saints to intercede on our behalf to the Lord. This is what we do even today when we someone asks us to pray for another person while their sick, ill, injured, away, etc.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all men, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, godly and respectful in every way. This is good, and pleasing to God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:1–4)

As far as veneration of saintly relics, this goes back to the bible when people touched the bones of a prophet and would be healed. This is seen with the Hemorrhaging woman in the new testament thought she would be healed if she touched the hem of Jesus' cloak, which she did and was healed. (Matthew 9:20-22, Mark 5:25-34, Luke 8:43-48), and in Acts when people were brought out to St Paul, and were healed by being in his shadow and touching cloths that had touched St Paul (Acts 5:15 & Acts 19:11-12)
People outside the Catholic faith might find this dumb or stupid or whatever, but thats THEIR opinion, what works for one person, might not work fcor someone else, it doesnt mean its incorrect. It means thats THEIR way of doing things. To say otherwise is IGNORANCE.
edit on 3/3/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The bible is very clear , there is only ONE MEDIATOR between God the Father and you and that is our Lord Jesus Christ . I was catholic for 48 years so I am not bashing you , I am trying to show you the truth .

First off Catholics do prostrait themselves to saints and given the fact other than the apostles there is absolutely no way of knowing one is a saint . A saint is any person saved in Christ not just one the catholic church feels deserves this title . Why would you pray to a saint or angel when you have Christ and what makes you think a saint or an angel can even hear you to pray for you , there is absolutely no scripture that supports your stance .

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
you need to refer to my post, I GAVE the scripture references...or did you bypass that totally, or just skim the post and jump to conclusions
edit on 3/3/2012 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Obviously the thieves in question were completely heartless

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

OMG LMAO!!!!!!
BEST post in this thread so far

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I said none of those things. I just think it is kinda odd that the church would somehow obtain, and preserve someone's heart, even if it was someone sainted by the "church".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join