It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Best Chance At First Primary Campaign Victory - TODAY - Washington State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.bostonherald.com...=home&positio n=recent

The congressman from Texas may have a shot at declaring his first victory of the Republican primary season on Saturday when Washington Republicans gather for caucuses at libraries, community centers, Grange halls and restaurants statewide. He came in a strong third in the state’s caucuses in 2008, and has energized new followers in the four years since.

This is his best chance since Maine to win a Primary. This is an important one. Ron Paul can gather a bunch of momentum going into "Super Tuesday".

www.cnn.com...

Washington state began its Republican presidential caucuses Saturday with 40 delegates up for grabs, and with the state's GOP chairman predicting a win for either Mitt Romney or Ron Paul. In addition to the 40 delegates, much more -- a quick shot of momentum going into Super Tuesday -- also is at stake.

Washington's caucuses come just three days before Super Tuesday, when 10 states hold primaries and caucuses. And because of that, all four major GOP presidential candidates have campaigned in the state, hoping that a strong finish there can carry over to Tuesday.

Come on Washington State! You can do it!
edit on 3-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i dont know man...

im a huge paul bot but this just feels weirder everytime..any new caucus that is...

i mean ...wheres effin waldo for example..

nowadays i trust the american election process as much as bill o reilly
edit on 3-3-2012 by Acetradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFO1414
Come on Washington State! You can do it!

Hopefully not, but I fear you are correct. Four years ago I attended the Washington state cacuses and the Paul supporters were out on full force. They were very well organized.

However, the delegate count should not be finalized today. This is how it works. delegates are chosen from the caucuses to attend the COUNTY convention. Delegates at the county convention are chosen to attend the STATE convention. It is at the state level that delegates are chosen.

THE CAUCUS ITSELF

I went through this last time. There were three people from my precinct at the caucus. One young man was an avid Paul supporter. The other woman was a seasones Republican supporter who did not voice a preference. I was chosen as teh delegate from my precinct to attend the County convention. Why? Because the seasoned veteran had a conflict of interest and the Paul supporter did not have transportation.

THE COUNTY CONVENTION

There were quite a few Paul supporters at the County convention. If you wanted to go to the STATE convention you declared your intent. I believe everyone got 30 seconds to speak to all the delegates. If you were anywher near articulate, said someting people wanted to hear, or had a funny quip as to why you wanted to go, you got elected as a state delegate. I was elected.

THE STATE CONVENTION

Once again, Paul supporters were in abundance. They literally tried to take over the proceedings by yelling from the floor, using procedural tricks, and doing everything they could to disrupt the convention. They acted like children, frankly, not responsible adults. It was a pretty wild general meeting.

But that's not how delegates were selected. We had a second smaller meeting where everyone who wanted to be a delegate to the NATIONAL convention could stand up and say their piece, just like at the County convention. Dozens of us did, including me. Later on (it might have been the next day) it turns out there was a "Unity Ballot" that TPTB passed around and suggested we vote for it. HERE is where the real decisions were made. It turns out NONE OF US who had naively put our names forward for the national convention has a snowball's chance in hell of actually going. These slots were awarded to long-time party members who (cough) "deserved their chance" to go.

So Paul also has a snowball's chance. What happens today in Washington really has little to do with the final delegate count, which will be done several months from now. I say this to you to show you how, from my perspective and observation, it is really done. What happens today doesn't really matter much.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's some info if a little late on the news:

When: Saturday, March 3, 10 a.m.
Who: Any Washington state registered voter
Where: Find your caucus location online at:

What’s at stake: No delegates to the Republican National Convention will be selected on March 3. It’s purely a non-binding straw poll. Still, the winning candidate gets bragging rights heading into Super Tuesday on March 6, when 10 states hold primaries or caucuses.
Source

Video: Why this primary is so important: Wash. State

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It's good to see the Washington GOP head admit that RP has a shot to win! At least he is not selling him short before the votes are counted!

Let's just hope the votes are actually counted and this is a fair election...regardless of the winner.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Romney will win tonight as he is the chosen one
Ron Paul won't win anything major but I support him fully and have his sign in my window
On Paul will Lose by huge margin in Virginia were him and Romney are only on thr ballot.
Gingrich will drop out after super Tuesday

My opinion is just that hopefully it will change

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Well, I went and I voted. For Ron Paul. Unfortunately, at least in my district the majority of voters were over 60. My precinct was the only one with Ron Paul supporters (I was the oldest one at 40).

I wrote about my experience on this thread, if you are at all interested.

I agree that as far as the nomination go, the vote here today may not be a big deal. But you know what? The fact that it was my ONLY chance to support Dr. Paul and that it ultimately ends up securing 40 delegates at the nationial convention IS a big deal. It matters. MY vote matters.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Any results trickling in yet?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Here's the latest I could find. but hey, it is FOX News.

www.foxnews.com...

Early returns out of the Washington caucuses show Mitt Romney battling Ron Paul and Rick Santorum for the lead, as the Republican presidential candidates compete for the final prize before Super Tuesday. With just 8 percent of precincts reporting in Washington, Romney is ahead with 31 percent. Paul is close behind at 27 percent, followed by Santorum at 24 percent. Newt Gingrich is trailing with 14 percent.

Paul, who has not yet won a Republican primary contest, is the only candidate who plans to actually be in Washington state for a post-caucus rally.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Romney has it as I guessed with 60 % reporting
Watch santorum pull behind

Gingrich is done soon

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This should speak volumes. The amount of ignorance happening here (the U.S.) is overwhelming.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
CNN projects Romney win in Washington

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...
Romney 37
Paul/Santorum 24
Gingrich 11
edit on 3/3/2012 by corporation because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Who are all these mental cases voting for Romney? It's maddening knowing the majority, mostly those over 30, will vote for the same corporate-backed type candidates every time without fail. Then I tell myself, no it's the fact the election process is rigged. Truth is it can be a combination of both, or either way... this is our plight. I support Ron Paul, but even I have my doubts about him at times. My hope in the current political/economic system is near-dead if not completely.

Human greed..... apathy. Psychopathy. These will get the best of the human race unless we make drastic changes.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
People are dumb. Of those who arent many are apathetic. Of those who arent many are naive. Of those who arent many are Keynesains. It's a hard battle to fight.

new topics

top topics

join