It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly asteroid bounds towards Earth out of the blue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
Maybe we'll get lucky and it will hit Tehran saving us all a lot of problems.

Maybe we'll get lucky and it will hit the US saving us all a lot of problems.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
whatever....if it comes to earth the odds are about four to one that it will hit water. That would not be good for the immediate coastal areas, but at least there shouldn't be any ash and smoke cloud to blanket the earth.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Apohosis is what you should be worried about...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar

I agree, there is something about that Apophis that does not seem right.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey people sorry to be short n sweet i am using my phone but just see on BBC news that meteriote spotted in the sky all across the UK. Is this related at all ?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaxar

Apophis.

By the time that poor bastard lands, it will find an empty earth with all this wars and crap escalating...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Sadly missed it myself (due to being engaged with alcohol) but many of my friends saw it all across England.

Slightly jealous. From what they told me it was beautiful.

EDIT: or Am i getting confused with something else?

Either way, was a huge fireball in the sky and I missed it

edit on 3-3-2012 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Brandon88

Have you ever checked for connection between Tesla and the Tunguska-event? Not very sure about the meteor impact... just google it

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by awatara

I've read about it a little bit, wasn't tesla testing a death ray or something like that around the same time that was pointed at the Arctic circle?

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The really good news is that if asteroids this small are being detected at such distances (3.5 million miles), it means that larger ones which pose a real threat are likely to be detected at greater distances.

I don't share that optimism.

You are ignoring the fact, that we live in an electromagnetic universe ... and we are still bound by that boundary, but knowing this boundary also brings with it, the knowledge, that it is not a limit of the universe.

We're still fumbling around in this world, with Noha steering continents floating around, bouncing on a static iron ball. That in and by itself, should be a clue of our short comings. We know the universe is 99% plasma, but we are still convinced that this planet was formed from something else. Our favorite theory of the beginning of the Universe, is 1. Creationism, and 2. Big Bang ... you can roll the dice, on which is more popular. But the only reason Big Bang is popular, is because more intelligent creationists, don't want to blatantly advertise themselves as idiots, and therefore the theory of creation has been put in a new booklet, and called Genesis part II: Big Bang.

Now, maybe that makes you sleep well at night, Phage ... but Nasa finding this little baby is most likely because some amateur astronomer tipped them off (as is the usual case), or they just got lucky ... like all the other "amateurs" out there.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

Star and flag for you! Greatness!

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

but Nasa finding this little baby is most likely because some amateur astronomer tipped them off (as is the usual case), or they just got lucky ... like all the other "amateurs" out there.

As a matter of fact, NASA didn't find it.
It was discovered by astronomers at this observatory in Spain.
www.minorplanets.org...

I have no idea what that other stuff you're talking about has to do with an asteriod will will not hit Earth.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join