It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of the Ruach ha Kodesh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God
1 Timothy 1

And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
Acts9
edit on 6-3-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

It just says the holy one will be called the son of God.
Theres nothing about the son to be born being God Himself.

That's precisely what v. 35 says, can't you read?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Right. I don't see why he's arguing whether or not the Bible says Jesus is God either... that's kind of the foundation of Christianity.

If the Word of God is all we know of God, then the Word is God. This is consistent with John 1:1.

"So the Word became human and made his home among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the Father's one and only Son." - John 1:14

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

You are not quoting a literal translation of John 1:14.
The Logos is what John 1 is talking about.
This Gospel clears things up regarding what people think the Logos is, by saying it is God.
You are quoting a highly interpretive translation where a literal one would not say the word was made human.
Quoting bad translations which fit your prior beliefs do not add weight to your argument it just gives evidence of the lengths people will go to to support dogma they think is a virtue to support.
The logos acting directly though a human is what came about, which is being described in John 1, and it came about that the Logos could act directly through a human agency because of the event described in that chapter, which was the appearance of first The Baptist, and then the Logos appearing by being seen entering into Jesus.
The Logos, an aspect of God, was seen and felt and heard by men because of it infilling the person Jesus.
edit on 6-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

That's precisely what v. 35 says, can't you read?

Your original claim was that Jesus, is God, who came from heaven, entered human history, came in the flesh.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I asked for proof...
and you how me verse 35... where we just see that Jesus will be only called "son of God."...

So.... the next time you make ridiculous claims about Jesus being God Himself, make sure that its backed up by the bibe.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkKnight21

Right. I don't see why he's arguing whether or not the Bible says Jesus is God either... that's kind of the foundation of Christianity.

Read what I posted to him above.
He is the one who claims that "Jesus, is God, who came from heaven, entered human history, came in the flesh".

Also, the angel who announced Jesus' birth said nothing of this sort to Mary.
He only said that she was going to have a "son"...and not that the son was going to be God Himself, in the flesh.

edit on 6-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Awen24

In the beginning was Jesus (a.k.a. The Word), and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Jesus was with God in the beginning. (John 1:1-2)
There are Three who were present in the beginning: The Father, Jesus The Son, and The Holy Spirit; and These Three are One God. (1 John 5:7)

Jesus, being born of a virgin, became human and lived among us. God was with us in human flesh. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:14)
As a child Jesus was obedient to His mother Mary and His adoptive father Joseph. (Luke 2:51)

Jesus was in the world, and the world was made by Jesus, but people did not know Jesus as God. (John 1:10)

God The Father raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 10:9), Jesus raised Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21; John 10:17-18), and The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11)
Jesus did many other miracles, which are not written here. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is The Christ, The Son of God, and that by believing in Him, you may have everlasting life. (John 20:30-31)

I could go on with more. Is this good enough for you?

edit on 3/4/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

I think you missed my point there.
I believe wholeheartedly in the Trinity. Scripture is pretty explicit on the point in my opinion.
The question I asked of the OP was a reference, a single verse, where Christ is referred to as "the Son of the Holy Spirit". Such a verse still has not been produced.

A verse HAS been produced that states that Mary was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit, but that's not the same thing. To state that the Holy Spirit was responsible for the conception of a child within Mary does not equate to Christ being the Son of the Spirit; nor does the Bible ever teach such a concept.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24

reply to post by Awen24

In the beginning was Jesus (a.k.a. The Word), and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. Jesus was with God in the beginning. (John 1:1-2)
There are Three who were present in the beginning: The Father, Jesus The Son, and The Holy Spirit; and These Three are One God. (1 John 5:7)

Jesus, being born of a virgin, became human and lived among us. God was with us in human flesh. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:14)
As a child Jesus was obedient to His mother Mary and His adoptive father Joseph. (Luke 2:51)

Jesus was in the world, and the world was made by Jesus, but people did not know Jesus as God. (John 1:10)

God The Father raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 10:9), Jesus raised Himself from the dead (John 2:19-21; John 10:17-18), and The Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (Romans 8:11)
Jesus did many other miracles, which are not written here. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is The Christ, The Son of God, and that by believing in Him, you may have everlasting life. (John 20:30-31)

I could go on with more. Is this good enough for you?

edit on 3/4/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

I think you missed my point there.
I believe wholeheartedly in the Trinity. Scripture is pretty explicit on the point in my opinion.
The question I asked of the OP was a reference, a single verse, where Christ is referred to as "the Son of the Holy Spirit". Such a verse still has not been produced.

A verse HAS been produced that states that Mary was found to be with child through the Holy Spirit, but that's not the same thing. To state that the Holy Spirit was responsible for the conception of a child within Mary does not equate to Christ being the Son of the Spirit; nor does the Bible ever teach such a concept.

If you believe wholeheartedly in the Trinity, then you should be able to see how Jesus is the Son of the Spirit. We are ALL Sons of God, and since God is a triune God, we are all sons of the Father, we are all sons of Jesus, and we are all sons of the Spirit.

It doesn't take a specific verse to illustrate this fact, if you have a solid understanding of who and what Christ is, you can understand how he is the Son of Ruach ha Kodesh...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

The true God is NOT a triune God...

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The idea of the trinity was not taught by the appostles of Jesus... or Jesus himself. IT is an idea that was added to scripture years later...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That is not correct but it is your belief and I will not judge you for it. You can believe whatever you want, but it does not change the fact, or the way things are. And the way things are, God exists, as One divine Being, in 3 combined Entities. I won't go on a huge shpeel proving my point, but if you insist, I could write a lengthy reply and go in depth into this subject....but I pray you don't do that and you just go research everything on your own!

But let me know if you need me to explain things more in depth for you...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Actually i've done my research on the issue... which is why i said what i did...

There is no scripture that proves a triune God... but there is plenty that says God is one...

Jesus was a PART of God... but not one and the same... the statement "i and my father are one" does not mean equality... Its like saying a freckle on your nose is one with you... Same body... same essence... but not the whole...

NoturTypical has a list of verses that he believes shows the existence of a Triune God in his profile... perhaps that might help your arguement

edit on 16-3-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Since you insisted, here you go:

Verses saying Jesus is God:

Heb. 1:8
God the Father called the Son "God."

Isa. 9:6
The "child" is called the "Mighty God."

Mt. 1:23,

Is. 7:14
Jesus is called Immanuel, which means "God with us."

John. 1:1
Jesus (the "Word") is called "God."

1 Tim. 3:16
Paul said Jesus was God "manifested in the flesh."

Col. 2:8.9
Paul said Jesus was the "fullness of the Godhead bodily.

John. 20:28
Thomas said to Jesus, "…my God."

Titus 2:13
Paul called Jesus "the great God."

Phil. 2:5,6
Paul said Jesus didn’t feel it was wrong to be considered "equal with God."

John 5:18
The Jews wanted to kill Jesus because He was "making Himself equal with God."

John 10:30
Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

Gen. 1:1;

Col. 1:16
The Bible said God created all things and that Jesus created all things.

Mic. 5:2
The messiah (Jesus) had always been in existence.

Isa. 44:6; Rev. 1:2,8, 11,13
God claimed to be the "First and the Last." So did Jesus. God clearly states that He is the only savior. The Bible also says Jesus is our savior.

Verses saying the Father is God:
John. 8:41 "The only Father we have is God Himself."
Eph. 4:6 " … one God and Father of all …"

Verses saying the Holy Spirit is God:
Acts 5:3,4 "… you have lied to the Holy Spirit … you have not lied to men, but to God."
Acts 28:25,26 Referring to Isaiah 6:9,10, Peter said the "Holy Spirit" spoke to the prophet Isaiah. In the book of Isaiah, it says the "Lord" spoke to the prophet Isaiah.
1 Cor. 3:16 "Don’t you know you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you?"

Verses saying there is only one God:
Mk. 12:32 "You are right in saying God is one and there is no other but him."
Mk. 12:29 "The Lord our God, the Lord is one."
1 Tim. 2:5 "For there is one God …"
1 Cor. 8:4 " … and there is no God but one."
Gal. 3:20 " … but God is one."
James 2:19 "You believe there is one God. Good! …"
Ps. 86:10 " … you alone are God."
Deut. 6:4,5 "The Lord our God, the Lord is one …"
Isa. 44:8 "Is there another God besides me?"
Isa. 45:21 "There is no God apart from me … there is none but me."
Isa. 45:22 "For I am God and there is no other."
Isa. 46:9 "I am God, and there is no other"
Isa. 45:5 "I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."
Isaiah 45:18 "I am the Lord, and there is no other."
Mal. 2:10 "Did not one God create us?"

Now, if you still question me as to whether Christ God is a Triune God or one single Entity, then I would have to ask you two questions: Do you have faith in the Bible and Christ Jesus? And, did you read everything I just posted?

Here is my source (and I could find many more, if needed, and also elaborate in my own words, if needed, I could go on all day....) www.biblehelp.org...

Amen & God bless

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon, I also wanted to add, that I appreciate how receptive you are to others views and how civilly you present your arguments.... you are one of the ATS members that I truly enjoy respectfully debating
God bless you Akragon and I pray we meet more often in this life or the hereafter to discuss more

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The true God is NOT a triune God...

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

The idea of the trinity was not taught by the appostles of Jesus... or Jesus himself. IT is an idea that was added to scripture years later...

Okay,..

So when Jesus likewise says man and woman become "one flesh" when they are married does that mean when the vows are completed and the groom kisses the bride they become Siamese twins??

That's what trinity means, one God, who exists in 3 persons. (3 in One)

There is no scripture that proves a triune God..

At the baptism of Christ all were present. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. For Pete's sake Akragon bro, "Elohim" is a plural noun used as a singular, it's technically a grammatical error every time it appears in the text.

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Now, if you still question me as to whether Christ God is a Triune God or one single Entity, then I would have to ask you two questions: Do you have faith in the Bible and Christ Jesus? And, did you read everything I just posted?

Well first you'll have to learn something about me... Paul (in my humble opinion) and his work, has no authority... I admire his writting on love... but other then that... his opinion has no push for me...

Also when reading through john one must take into account what words were spoken by Jesus himself... "the word became flesh" was john narrating his book... not words ever spoken by Jesus...

Now if you read the words of Jesus himself, and omit the rest... you will see the true story... Jesus was the son of God... a part of God... but not God in the flesh. There are some here that use the small G form = god... for Jesus and the Large G = God... when talking about him. At least that gives a little respect to the true God...

The idea of a Triune God goes against what Jesus taught... He said there is ONE God, and none are greater... And he always made the seperation between himself and God... when he spoke about him and God, there was always two specific entities refered to... And in the one case where he said "i and my father are one" as i've said that does not mean equality... The trinity assumes God the son and the spirit are equal... and that is incorrect according to Jesus...

Do i believe in the bible? No... Its a book written by men with agendas... but do i believe in Jesus and his lessons? Absolutely... Though not in the way your average Christian does...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

i understand your arguement my friend... but the fact remains, there is no triune God taught by Jesus...

ONE God... Not 3 in one...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

i understand your arguement my friend... but the fact remains, there is no triune God taught by Jesus...

So, Jesus also teaches that men and women become Simese twins when the vows are read. I didn't know that, Jesus messed that one up terribly.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Akragon, I also wanted to add, that I appreciate how receptive you are to others views and how civilly you present your arguments.... you are one of the ATS members that I truly enjoy respectfully debating
God bless you Akragon and I pray we meet more often in this life or the hereafter to discuss more

haha... actually i can't wait to meet all my friends i've debated with over the years in the afterlife...

I believe me and Jesus will be standing there saying "i told ya so"... then we'll all go for beers

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well, I can understand your viewpoint and especially since you have issues with the Bible (which, I have lots of faith in, but unfortunately I know for a fact it is not the EXACT "infallible" word of God, it is one of Mans best attempts at putting God into words....a very hard feat to do, considering what God is....)

The important thing here, is that you have faith in Jesus and adhere to the commandments (love God, and love thy neighbor) and the golden rule (treat others as you wish to be treated...)

May the Lord bestow his blessings upon you and your family. Amen.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

So, Jesus also teaches that men and women become Simese twins when the vows are read. I didn't know that, Jesus messed that one up terribly.

Why do you people always use the bridegroom analogy in this arguement?

Its very clear that there is only one God that Jesus taught about...

One flesh bound by the spirit... unfortunatly IF that was actually the case... there would never be a divorce. Married couples would always stay together because they are one spirit.... right?

Sorry that arguement holds no water...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join