It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Son of the Ruach ha Kodesh

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

All I did was replace the word, Word, with Jesus. As the Logos referernced in this verse, is Jesus.

It already identified The Word with God.
I think in order to make your point defensible, you should demonstrate how the Bible uses the word, God, as a generic term, rather than attached specifically to one particular person. It looks like this is how "the switch" is usually justified, that when it says 'the word was god' the switchers (those who hold a similar position as yours) take it to mean that there is a "quality" or attribute that someone, or 'something', can be assigned. So you can have 'a thing' which, because of its holiness, can be said to have a "God" quality about it, but does not necessarily mean it is the person we normally think of as, God.
edit on 4-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Not exactly, Jesus added humanity to His divinity and took the form of a man inside Mary's womb. Jesus was not created, He's God who came as a man.

I don't think the bible teaches that.
But, even if it did, it still makes Mary the mother of "divinity"....after all she gave birth to "god in the flesh".
Regardless of what you believe about Jesus, he was still given birth to by Mary.

So, you are implying that God, the creator of the universe, was born between the legs of a woman... his own creation.

Atrocious.

edit on 5-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n

Not exactly, Jesus added humanity to His divinity and took the form of a man inside Mary's womb. Jesus was not created, He's God who came as a man.

But, even if it did, it still makes Mary the mother of "divinity"....after all she gave birth to "god in the flesh".
Regardless of what you believe about Jesus, he was still given birth to by Mary.

So, you are implying that God, the creator of the universe, was born between the legs of a woman... his own creation.

Atrocious.

Jesus Christ had to be "born between the legs of a woman" as you stated; if the Word were to be made flesh, Christ would have to experience being "born between the legs of a woman" just like every other person would. BUT Jesus Christ's soul was built differently than every other persons' so that God can reveal Himself to us.

Imagine a picture of a body, your soul encompasses half of it, the other half is for the Holy Spirit. For the Holy Spirit to shine outwards of the body, like a beacon, your soul and body (flesh) must be in concordance with the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ's soul is unique, because he is one with the Father and is Lord.
edit on 5-3-2012 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Atrocious.

Atrocious? To you maybe, to me it was the most humble act of love in the history of the cosmos. The creator of the universe left His throne and perfect kingdom of righteousness, to come to Earth as a man, enter His creation, show us Himself as best He could, (by becoming one of us), and then dying for our salvation because we were all helpless to save ourselves.

First 2 choruses are beautiful and explain exactly what Jesus did.

"Beautiful God
Laying Your majesty aside
You reached out in love to show me life
Lifted from darkness into light,Oh.

King for a slave
Trading Your righteousness for shame
Despite all my pride and foolish ways
Caught in Your infinite embrace, Oh.

Chorus 1
And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compares to this love love love
Burning in my heart

Saviour and Friend
Breathing Your life into my heart
Your word is the lamp unto my path
Forever I'm humbled by Your love,
Oh.

Bridge

Take my life
Take all that I am
With all that I am I will love You
Take my heart
Take all that I have
Jesus how I adore You

Chorus 2

And I find myself here on my knees again
Caught up in grace like an avalanche
Nothing compare to this love love love

"Like An Avalanche" - Hillsong United

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

was born between the legs of a woman

Childbirth is one of the most beautiful, amazing, tear jerking moments in human life btw. You make it sound so worthless.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DelayedChristmas

Jesus Christ had to be "born between the legs of a woman" as you stated; if the Word were to be made flesh, Christ would have to experience being "born between the legs of a woman" just like every other person would.

You forget how God created human flesh in Adam from scratch.
Its as if there was no way for God to become human without being born between the legs of a woman. (that is, IF God ever became human in the first place)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Jesus Christ had to be "born between the legs of a woman" as you stated; if the Word were to be made flesh, Christ would have to experience being "born between the legs of a woman" just like every other person would.

Its as if there was no way for God to become human without being born between the legs of a woman. (that is, IF God ever became human in the first place)

He had to be born one of us to redeem us. That was the point. Look up what a "Go'el" was. Jesus Christ is our "Go'el" just like in the Ruth and Boaz tale. That typifies Christ and His church.

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Childbirth is one of the most beautiful, amazing, tear jerking moments in human life btw. You make it sound so worthless.

Childbirth is one of the most beautiful, amazing, tear jerking moments
Sure it is, from a human perspective.

But to say that God became a man and was born of a woman is not only unbiblical, its also insulting to God.

That pretty much puts your version of christianity in the same league as hinduism, because even hindus believe that divinity can take on a human avatar and come down to earth.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Sure it is, from a human perspective.

But to say that God became a man and was born of a woman is not only unbiblical, its also insulting to God.

That's actually exactly what the Bible says. Jesus, is God, who came from heaven, entered human history, came in the flesh according to the scriptures, died, was buried, and rose again the third day according to scripture. That's what the apostle's creeds also say.

That pretty much puts your version of christianity in the same league as hinduism, because even hindus believe that divinity can take on a human avatar and come down to earth.

Christ was conceived of the Holy Spirit, and "the sign" was for the virgin to give birth. There was no human father of Jesus, the Holy Spirit conceived Him. Without human DNA He never could have even had a blood type, that's determined from the dad. Christ's Father is God, His is fully God begotten of God and fully man born of a human woman. He added humanity to His pre-existant, eternal divinity, He came down to us.

Heck, God had everything, except what it felt like to be mortal, maybe that had a key to it. To have that experience once.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

His is fully God begotten of God and fully man born of a human woman.

What did the angel tell Mary, in the part regarding Jesus?

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. "

This only shows that Mary was favored by God. And that she would be given a son. Nothing more, nothing less.
The angel said nothing about Jesus being "fully" God or anything else that you have said so far.

God simply chose Mary to carry His creation, the messiah and give birth to him... like an ordinary child who would grow up to do great things. Your ideas about him being God has zero biblical basis.... which is not surprising considering you don't pay attention to whats in the bible anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

what you are forgetting is that your perspective on God is on a human level; you are adding humanistic quality to God. Remember, humanistic qualities come from God, not the other way around. Do you not believe that God can do anything? Another fact: Jesus Christ's name Immanuel means God is with us. How can God be with us and come in the flesh if Jesus Christ didn't experience being brought into this world by childbirth like any other person? If God made Jesus appear like how he is going to on Judgement Day for the whole world to see at that time, there would be no need for faith! This life can be best described as a test.

God simply chose Mary to carry His creation, the messiah and give birth to him... like an ordinary child who would grow up to do great things. Your ideas about him being God has zero biblical basis.... which is not surprising considering you don't pay attention to whats in the bible anyway.

God chose Mary because Mary was pure under Mosaic Law, and the fact that Christ was supposed to be born of David's lineage plays a key role in this too.

Misinterpretation of scriptures and prophecies is what led the Pharisees away from acknowledging that Jesus Christ is exactly who he says to be, such as...

Isaiah 9:6
For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Your ideas about him being God has zero biblical basis.... which is not surprising considering you don't pay attention to whats in the bible anyway.

( I personally love this verse)
1 John 4: 1 - 3
1Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:
3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Why I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calls Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

Why is admitting Christ is Lord so important and continuously stressed in the NT and OT? That is how we distinguish who is of the Holy Spirit. My theory: Old Testament was written in the perspective of man about God, while the New Testament is what God wrote by the Holy Spirit through the apostles and other authors of the NT books. The Hebraic texts seem to leave to out the mentions of the coming messiah, as the Septuagint stresses the prophecies of the coming messiah that created the world.

in the past, when trying to find out the truth, i always thought to myself, why is it in Christianity, there is SO much stress about Jesus Christ being Lord? And why is it that the other Abrahamic religions, although they acknowledge that Christ possibly existed, and if he did, he was a good man or teacher or prophet, they deny that Christ is who he says to be.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Christ is also our kinsman redeemer ...Christ is our passover Lamb ..God manifest in the flesh to get back what He did not loose ..Adam lost it Jesus Christ got it back ..praise God

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

what you are forgetting is that your perspective on God is on a human level; you are adding humanistic quality to God

Wrong.
Those who claim "God became man" are the ones adding humanistic qualities to God.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

if your going to argue semantics with me, please take the time to read my posts in its entirety. i tried to explain in the previous post

Imagine a picture of a body, your soul encompasses half of it, the other half is for the Holy Spirit. For the Holy Spirit to shine outwards of the body, like a beacon, your soul and body (flesh) must be in concordance with the Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ's soul is unique, because he is one with the Father and is Lord.

Jesus is the Word made flesh; a man can not do the feats that Jesus Christ accomplished. We are spiritual beings in a vessel that we call our bodies or what the bible describes as flesh. When we come from our holding place in heaven, we forget that knowledge, but Jesus Christ didn't because He had the biggest task in history to accomplish for our sake.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

if your going to argue semantics with me, please take the time to read my posts in its entirety. i tried to explain in the previous post

I'm not arguing semantics.
You made a claim that I was adding "humanistic qualities" to God.... pretty ironic considering you guys are the ones saying God became a "man" and was born of a woman.

If you sincerely care about understanding the nature of Jesus, go over the verses regarding Mary and the angel. It's important, because it points to the nature of Jesus.... Jesus was a son given to a woman who found favor with God. The son was NOT God himself.... or the angel would have told Mary so.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

hopefully these help clear up some misunderstanding to a point

last of all he sent unto them his son, saying, They will reverence my son.
Matt21

when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law
Galatians 4

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men
Philippians

The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
Hebrews1

and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
Revelation 12

edit on 5-3-2012 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I'm not arguing semantics.
You made a claim that I was adding "humanistic qualities" to God.... pretty ironic considering you guys are the ones saying God became a "man" and was born of a woman.

If you sincerely care about understanding the nature of Jesus, go over the verses regarding Mary and the angel. It's important, because it points to the nature of Jesus.... Jesus was a son given to a woman who found favor with God. The son was NOT God himself.... or the angel would have told Mary so.

Luke 1:26-38

"26 In the sixth month, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a town in Galilee,27 to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David. The virgin’s name was Mary.28The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you."

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be.30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God.31 You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus.32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David,33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."

34 "How will this be," Mary asked the angel, "since I am a virgin?"

35 The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be barren is in her sixth month.37 For nothing is impossible with God."

38 "I am the Lord's servant," Mary answered. "May it be to me as you have said." Then the angel left her

edit on 5-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Yeah.. so where exactly did the angel say that her son was God Himself... who was to be born as a man, like you say??

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

v. 35

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I asked : "where exactly did the angel say that her son was God Himself... who was to be born as a man"

You say :

v. 35

The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.

It just says the holy one will be called the son of God.
Theres nothing about the son to be born being God Himself.

edit on 6-3-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join