It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you get free birth control, I should get free beer

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Where can I get my free beer?

Just fake a birth certificate move to the USA and claim it, its really easy apparrently!

Back onto the main thing...

This may have come up from a political reason, but its brought up because its important and has been seen to help those (in other countrys that do it already) who need it and prevent bigger more costly problems for everyone else - thus making the country better off overall.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I wish I got free beer too...

But that doesn't work out in favor for the governments plan on eugenics. They don't want us to breed silly.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by VerityPhantom
I wish I got free beer too...

But that doesn't work out in favor for the governments plan on eugenics. They don't want us to breed silly.

Neither do I. At least not irresponsibly.

And I'm not government.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

lol you don't want people to breed? You sound a bit fascist. IMO I don't think we or anyone else has the authority to decide who should breed or not. And it doesn't matter anyway because like the OP stated people get cheap and free BC anyway so it really is a squashed problem from the start.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pigraphia
No you can't blame the children, but they should be taken away.

And do what with them?

Having children when you can't afford to care for them should be criminal, and not just have your kids taken away criminal.

So campaign to do what China does. Not only is there a one child law - - but you have to get a government license to have a child. You have to be married. You have to prove you can financially support the child and their education.

I'll vote for you.

Sent to a work camp until you repay society for having to care for your child.

What would be the cost of running this work camp? So the parents pay society a required amount. In the mean time the tax payers are paying to house/clothe/feed/educate those children - - - and tax payers are paying to run the work camp.

Is that harsh yes, but it's far more harsh to have a child and not be able to put food on the table for them.
I've been there, I was allowed one meal a day, one every other day when the sperm donors drugs would get expensive due to what ever reasons.

My (now 18 year old) grandson's sperm donor chose drugs over him. Been there. I moved my daughter and grandson in with me - - and we all worked together to have a family.

Having children you can't care for is one of the worst crimes in my books because I have been there and that doesn't count the abuse that poor children normally suffer.

I agree.

That is why I am damn sure not going to have children until I can afford them, I don't want them to suffer like I did.

Better have a back up plan too. No one expected my 4 year old grandson's father to die of Leukemia before he was a month old.

Choose a mate with a strong support family.

I don't want free birth control because I think it's wrong to pay for things people won't pay for themselves.

Responsible people will pay for their own birth control and plan for any children they plan to have.

Being "self righteous" - - doesn't stop irresponsible people from being irresponsible. FREE will at least temp them.

Its called being Realistic.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Put me down for both will ya.
The price of condom's, prescriptions and beer are getting out of hand over here.
Thank god I don't need lube yet. Nearly ten quid for a bottle of durex play! Someone havin' a larf!

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I think ATS is a perfect example of what happens when people don't have sex.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Everything is associated with cancer. When you have major problems with your cycle, you need bc to control it, the long term isn't the issue.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Way too risky. There are a lot of conditions that can't take the pill. Older women need to be monitored.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Older women need to be monitored.
You are right.

I think that they should all be monitored.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Wow, I think my IQ just dropped about 20 points after reading the OP's "rant". It's amazing how, with just one single post, someone can reveal how little knowledge they truly possess.

Did it even occur to you that The Pill isn't just for birth control? It can also protect against certain life-threatening cancers, plus help relieve some painful symptoms of chronic disease/conditions. I am a prime example of someone who uses it to treat the pain and potentially devastating effects of Endometriosis. It's a condition in which uterine-lining tissue grows in other pelvic areas, can lead to scarring, severe pain, and sometimes infertility. The Pill stops the growth of tissue in other areas by reducing the hormones that cause the lining to build up.

I happen to know many individuals that currently use the pill for similar conditions. Oh, and for you guys out there who complain about the PMS your wives/girlfriends take out on you every month, consider looking into the benefits you could reap with the help of a lil pill. Or don't, but just remember to keep that beer on hand ready for the monthly monster....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I have a novel idea.

Call me crazy and youd be right.

I've been following this thread since its inception, and an idea just popped into my head.

Now stay with me here, because this is where I go a little loony.

For now on, we should only call medications that are being used for actual contaception 'birth control' because that is what it does.

For now on, we should only call medications that are being used to treat actual medical conditions by their actual name, progestogen or estro/progest combo, whichever you want.

Then for now on we can no lnger have debates whether regarding birth control when medical treatment is actually the topic, and vice versa.

I know i know, call me crazy, but like I said, its just a novel idea..

Call your Congressperson (need to be PC in this thread) and maybe, just maybe we will see a bill introduced that will separate oral contraception from oral medication.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join