It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom With Breast Pump 'Humiliated' by TSA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by DaTroof

Go into a male bathroom and apply hemorrhoid cream in front of everyone that feels like walking by.

Probably be just as awkward.

Fo real , I would just ask them to help me. Ya know..... to lighten up the mood JK JK !!!

I my self feel a place like that shoulg provide a room for mothers to pump. most all work places do.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Oh, you're trolling. Haha you got me.

At least, I hope you're trolling.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Actually I figured that was how you would feel.
I speak how I feel without reserve, and never lie as I have no need to.
I'm fat old and broken, I need to impress nobody but my wife.
My dogs think I'm a rock star.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Playing devil's advocate here as I am told I do quite often...

The woman was told that she could not travel with the 'empty bottles' in addition to the ice pack and electric pump.

For a few bucks, she could have bought a half gallon of milk at the duty free shop, poured it in the bottles, and then replaced the milk in the privacy of the airplane bathroom if need be.

A little bit of forethought, and some quick on the spot thinking could have prevented this entirely.

Not to give the TSA a pass, but cmon now, there were other options besides baring boob in the bathroom in public and then complaining that you were humilated.

You cannot give cow's milk to any child less than a year old. APA says no cows milk until after 1 year.

Seriously, Westerns are the only people who act this freaking stupid about tits. You can show a movies featuring copious amounts of blood to a toddler but bust out a titty and everyone freaks out

edit on 3-3-2012 by antonia because: opps

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

All U.S. citizens needs to take an airline flight from Atlanta, JF Kennedy, Chicago O'Hare, Dallas to Frankfurt, Germany than get on a return flight back to one of those airports. Leaving the country you are checked out by TSA and you are treated as a suspicious person. Flying to the U.S. as a citizen you will be treated as though you are a suspicious person capable of doing harm to the U.S. air carrier (Delta, United) or foreign carrier (Lufthansa). The U.S.A. really takes care of its citizens.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

You cannot give cow's milk to any child less than a year old. APA says no cows milk until after 1 year.

You must have missed the part when i said

For a few bucks, she could have bought a half gallon of milk at the duty free shop, poured it in the bottles, and then replaced the milk in the privacy of the airplane bathroom if need be.

The only point I really have in this case is that no one made her pump like she did, she simply choose to.
My suggestion was a way around the rules, would have given her clearance to board the plane, then she could have poured out the cow milk pumped in the private plane bathroom.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Women...

First they complain about not being able to breast feed in public, then they're humiliated by pumping breast milk in a women's bathroom.

Make up your minds already.

Breast feeding is different from breast pumping...one requires a baby, the other requires a mechanical pump which requires electricity to work. I am pretty sure breast feeding in public mom's have a blanket over the baby while it is breast feeding. The lady who used the mechanical pump at the airport probably didn't have a blanket to cover her breasts. Who knows though...but embarrassing for her nevertheless.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by DaTroof

She was in a women's bathroom! How is that humiliating?

i have no doubt there was a hidden camera in that bathroom

probably to protect us from terrists putting or taking things out of their butts

that's how TSA came into existence after all

Prove there was a hidden camera in that or any airport bathroom.Otherwise,you're doing what a lot do here,assuming.Again,prove it.

As for the op.Who cares?Why is this even news?I read this earlier.And all I'm getting from it is some woman that wants attention.I'm sure next week we'll be reading about how she's going to sue.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta
reply to post by DaTroof

Go into a male bathroom and apply hemorrhoid cream in front of everyone that feels like walking by.

Probably be just as awkward.

That's not even close to the samething.Seriously?

That woman should've called ahead of time and asked questions.It's not that hard to do.Any normal/non attention seeking person would've done that.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Women...

First they complain about not being able to breast feed in public, then they're humiliated by pumping breast milk in a women's bathroom.

Its a known issue with women... they just cant make up their minds.

"Its so cold in here.... why's so god damn hot?"
"you're driving too fast... slow down, makes me nervous OH COME ON, we'll never get there in time"
"you're always out with your friends why dont you go out with your friends anymore?"
"I dont want to see those stupid vampire-punk movies Hey... actually that Underworld movie got me curious, still have it?"

It has no cure either. Its just the way the cookie crumbles.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

The only point I really have in this case is that no one made her pump like she did, she simply choose to.
My suggestion was a way around the rules, would have given her clearance to board the plane, then she could have poured out the cow milk pumped in the private plane bathroom.

It's not against the rules to board a plane with breast milk.
www.tsa.gov...
Nor is it against the rules to have a breast pump. I flew with a pump and glass bottles of breast milk. I didn't get much use out of em because my kid won't take a bottle most of the time. I cover up and people still complain.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by resist2012

Please give TSA a break! I have been hearing so much complaining about TSA. I think they are just doing their jobs! One screw up with security and the entire plane goes down, do you realize how important that is? Our weakest link are Trains in the US. I hope they are putting TSA to work in that area also. TSA agents dont make but 28,000 - 32,000 a year. TSA has one of the most important jobs on the face of the Earth, they have to be careful no matter who they piss off.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is outrageous! I can't believe that this chumps colleagues didn't step in, but I guess they are just as bad otherwise they would have stopped this from going on.

All of the tsa on duty who knew that this was going on should be harshly disciplined if not sacked, incidents like this WILL loose the airport customers and give the businesses associated with the airport and all airports a bad name so I would hope if those in a position of power didn't care about the moral issue at hand they would at least act on business sense alone.It's really sad that I had to make that statement, but I honestly feel those in charge don't care about morals and would allow this to happen to their own mothers and be too brainwashed or sick to see the issue..

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Why would someone call ahead of time to ask about breast feeding breast pumps!??!?!? Why on earth would that be classed as a security threat? Should everyone call and ask ahead of time about every single thing that they intend to take on a flight?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
She's a high school vice principal. Does her school have guidelines for student security? Does the school have a private area for teenage mothers to use a breast pump? If not, are there outlets in the stalls in the women's bathroom? I wonder how she would address one of her students in the same situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

That's very true. It seems that in America nudity is treated as the absolute worst thing in the world! Most parents seem to prefer their children seeing horrible violence on tv than nudity which is crazy imo. Like the superbowl incident. All those complaints even though it was an accident! Accidents happen, boobs exist! There is no point getting outraged about it. Kids are breastfed so they already know boobs exist so what's the harm!?!?!?!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

Why would someone call ahead of time to ask about breast feeding breast pumps!??!?!? Why on earth would that be classed as a security threat? Should everyone call and ask ahead of time about every single thing that they intend to take on a flight?

Obviously not a security threat.My point was it's common sense which many of you here are failing to see.

I swear most of you think like this "ZOMG! I couldn't bring/do this on an airplane!! TSA is a big bad evil thing!!"So is the government!!"

In other words..she HAD to know she was going to cause a problem.My guess is she was looking for either attention or money.THAT my friend is more the problem then the TSA.It's idiots like her that want to cause a scene.Like I've said previously I bet a week from now we'll be reading about how she wants to sue.
DON'T #IN FLY if you can't follow the rules.You're not being violated.You have a choice.And you need to follow RULES.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

You can bet if the situation came up,that student would be expelled.And she'd be on tv defending her actions.I like to call those types hypocrites.

edit on 4-3-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Women...

Before I begin, it's obvious that very few people actually read the article, and thought about it. Most are just spouting off the anti-TSA propaganda they've been subjected to.

This is the only post I've seen that's right(didn't read too far, but it's definitely in the minority)....
Women have fought for years to be able to breast feed in public....she wasn't forced to do it in public. She was in a women's restroom. That isn't humiliation.

Not to mention the fact that maybe she should have looked up their rules before pouring out her breast milk? Why would she do that if she wasn't forced to?

This is a null-story. Just someone looking for attention.

I find it scary how so many people posted anti-TSA posts about this story. THINK. You guys are brainwashed hardcore. Probably even more so than the general public is....and that's saying a lot. Did you even read the article? or just saw the words TSA, and spew out your propaganda?

edit on 4-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious

That's a moot point. She poured out her milk before even checking. Why would you pour out the breast milk, BEFORE you were asked to? What she did, didn't require calling before hand. She could've just walked right thru the gates without a problem. She brought the problem onto herself.

It's going to be impossible to win this argument with you people because you didn't even read the article. I'm arguing against your preconceived notions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join