It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Initiative: Depopulation. Lets push for it already.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
All I am going to say is the capital spent on war, weapons, and destructive technology could end world hungry and rejuvenate the earth many times over.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

You know what..
fine

fine fine fine
you win, I am wrong..nevermind
But if you could kindly direct me to the mars colony spaceship, I will leave tomorrow.

oh..wait..what? not there yet?
Well, when will it be there?
oh..no plans?

Ideas mean jack..ok, I take it all back. dreams of what we can do are meaningless. When your house is on fire, you don't sit on your sofa and say there is no problem, because we have the tech to make homes fireproof...
dude, the house is on fire...react..stop dreaming of what could be done and take a look at what currently is.

frustration..not at you. I like your debate style..just got a bit of a headache..my eyes are vibrating..time to go off the puter for a few hours and maybe watch a movie or something.

Well, OP my last post was a bit snarky, but that is because you tried to put words in my mouth and I am also passionate about this subject. I will say I appreciate the debate and I even agree with you on a few points.

I agree that their is a problem on the planet. I also agree both space colonization and depopulation are both solutions to that problem. I also agree that both solutions are "on paper" and actually both have to go over a 7 billion person mountain to become reality. I also agree that there are no plans really for space colonization in any real way coming down the pipeline, but then there is no real plan to begin sterilizing people either, at least with their knowledge and consent.

I don't agree with your example of the fire in the house though, I think we both want to put out the fire, just in radically different ways. And I will always stand for space colonization as crazy as it may seem to you and others and stand against depopulation. Mainly, because the second solution only deals with one short term problem;in a very short term manner, and the first actually deals with that problem and actually overcomes other future problems; like ice ages, asteroid and comet impacts, magnetic pole reversals and solar flares as well, it offers the human race a much greater chance at long term survival of the species. And I think even though we are debating our plans and points, that in the end we both agree that we both care about the long term survival of our species.

I also, understand that in the end no matter how fair or consensual sterilization may or may not be, in the end it means that some of our nieces and nephews,children and grand kids, may not be here, just so we can make a little more room on our planet, in a solar system full of space.

I understand the almost insurmountable task that people like me; who advocate space colonization, have and it breaks my heart everyday. It's actually the reason I chose the account name I use, because I do feel that humanity as a whole are prisoners on a ship of fools, we don't get to steer the ship, we don't choose the course, our leaders do and they are steering the whole planet into an iceberg.

Anyway, one of the most frustrating things for me is to know that humanity has the technology, the mind power, the muscle power and the resources to go to space and begin to ease the burden we are placing on the earth and yet we aren't doing it, not because we can't, because we just don't care enough to want to. The leadership isn't going to take us there, neither the politicians nor the corporations, the only way we are getting there, is if the masses of humanity stand up together and demand it. I know it's just a dream, but I'll hold on to it, because the only alternative is death, anyway we slice it. And, in the end the thing is, if humanity doesn't go, we won't need a plan for depopulation, we will probably get it naturally, when we screw the planet up enough that we can't grow any more food and then we will die in droves.

Sorry, for rambling and being sentimental, but this debate is an issue I hold close to my heart and I am very passionate about. I will say we will just have to agree to disagree, and truthfully, I do appreciate the debate and respect you for fighting for your beliefs.

Anyway good luck and goodspeed.
edit on 3-3-2012 by prisoneronashipoffools because: typo

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
IMO depopulation is a good thing for Planet Earth. I've felt that way ever since I saw The Matrix.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I see where you're coming from however, after considering same myself for a very long time (a while back) and then fly from UK down to New Zealand three times and seeing the vastness of half of the planet most of which is unpopulated I changed my mind.

The majority of populations are squeezed into small areas - easier to control - easier to build financial, educational and health structures/systems around them. In order to do this, you need control as the Maths work on per head of population hence, when those closed in populations become too many - you start losing control of the systems built around them and the Maths just doesn't work out any more especially when you add corruption into the mix too.

This world is big enough for all of us and more but it isn't big enough for us to abuse the earth as we have been doing - we've been and continue to take from it without putting anything back and it's all about balance.

What we need to do is create new population centers based strictly on balance and return within a society that has full respect for Mother Earth with financial structures that are honest and not all about money. Producing food that is health giving and not interfered with by corporations like Monsanto. Medical Care based on wholelistic care using as many natural products as is possible all in an Educational system that is founded upon the Truth and Honesty that teaches us the lessons of the past. Where Jails are only used for real criminals not for those who find themselves in debt or other offences judged to be stemming from Social Injustice. A society that considers the whole community in a fare and just way and Science is used for the benefit of mankind without the pressure of the Patent Mongers and War Mongers.

There are many Models of Society that have never even been considered because the two party corrupt system have never allowed it. Yes there is room for us all but we will have to awaken and unfortunately people only do that when they are threatened with annihilation.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Let's say you have a group of people and you want to give them all a hat, but there isn't enough hats to go around. What do you do?

My solution would be to start producing more hats. Your solution would be to start cutting off heads.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I did read your OP actually. I find you scary. You're an eco-nazi that wants to control how many TVs people have on and ration electricity. From the conclusion alone I find you a radical, a tyrant in training that wouldn't hesitate to starve a few million to death to make the world a better place in your mind. It's for the future of the Earth right?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

I did read your OP actually. I find you scary. You're an eco-nazi that wants to control how many TVs people have on and ration electricity. From the conclusion alone I find you a radical, a tyrant in training that wouldn't hesitate to starve a few million to death to make the world a better place in your mind. It's for the future of the Earth right?

Your allowed to have your opinion of course
Of course the slight issue with your conclusion on who I am is based in the fact that pretty much everything you said I have said the opposite from
I am quite used to my excessive electricity use, and want to maintain that
I want, ultimately, tens of billions more people overall.
My issue is, I want to actually get to that point.
Eco-nazi. heh..well, congrats on using goodwyns law. you lost the debate.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konduit
Let's say you have a group of people and you want to give them all a hat, but there isn't enough hats to go around. What do you do?

My solution would be to start producing more hats. Your solution would be to start cutting off heads.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

Your strawman argument makes it nearly impossible to respond to considering its soo far off point.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
I see where you're coming from however, after considering same myself for a very long time (a while back) and then fly from UK down to New Zealand three times and seeing the vastness of half of the planet most of which is unpopulated I changed my mind.

This is the biggest issue in regards to scientific fact verses personal perspective.

I, as -not- a doctor, would look at blood..and even in a microscope, I would see that its mostly blood.
Someone whom is a professional would say "ya, but look, one part per whatever..million, is arsenic. Therefore the person is dying.

But...there is soo much blood compared to this tiny amount of poison.

Point is, there doesn't need to be a majority of poison to kill a host.

Do yourself an experiment. Get a big fishtank..like a 100 gallon tank.
Pour a gallon of bleach in it when its full of fish.
its only a gallon..you have 99 gallons of fresh water.

Tell me what happens..tell me why it happens...how can so little do so much.

We don't need to be literally living sholder to sholder and the entire atmosphere made of thick black smoke before effects start to happen.

Check this out
Glacial Retreat
You don't even have to read the article if you don't want...a nice before/after picture source.
The bleach is being poured into the water
edit on 4-3-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Remove the Nazi and insert tyrant

I win

Rationing electricity when there isn't a shortage of it is being a control freak. We need to raise the standard of living in third world countries and encourage the pursuit of green energy, not limit it. Limiting it would lower our standard of living and kill people in the 3rd world.
edit on 4-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

Ultimately, the actual reality is as followed:

1) We will not be jumping to other planets anytime soon, or in time anyhow
2) We will not be giving out free birth control pills and condoms
3) We will not change our ways of consumption in any meaningful way in time

knowing those three points, the future is pretty much laid out for us. I hope I am wrong..I doubt I am.

Oh well.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

We already have a ton of free condom programs. Here and in the 3rd world.

Your view on reality is flawed and not based on fact

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Remove the Nazi and insert tyrant

I win

Rationing electricity when there isn't a shortage of it is being a control freak. We need to raise the standard of living in third world countries and encourage the pursuit of green energy, not limit it. Limiting it would lower our standard of living and kill people in the 3rd world.

Who said rationing electricity?
Quote please.

Glad you are otherwise basically quoting exactly as I am suggesting
Welcone to tyranny fellow eco warrior.

Now, how do we convert to green energy in a meaningful way in your opinion?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

We already have a ton of free condom programs. Here and in the 3rd world.

Your view on reality is flawed and not based on fact

Needs to be a global initiative of free -pills- worldwide is what I am saying.
Dude, you need to either stop commenting, or read the freakin ops. your basically debating with yourself about what you think I probably said verses actually said. How the hell are you ever going to learn or understand anything if you just make stuff up as you go along?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

There is more than enough food in the world already. We have problems with food allocation. Really there is no need to reduce the population to deal with this but instead deal with the system that is inherently flawed by its very nature.

It takes approximately 10 acres of grazing land per cow. As eastern nations are becoming more wealthy and developed, they are also eating more meat in their diet.

Do you not think that instead of going to such drastic measures as to reduce world population it would be easier to promote vegaterianism. 10 acres of land will feed a lot more people if you are feeding them vegatables as opposed to meat.

If you wanted to reduce population becuase you thought there were not enough resources to go round. Would it be best to reduce were there is less efficient.

ie the US uses about 25% of the world resources but accounts for some 5% of the worlds population.

I think you remarks are not well thought out. What is putting a strain on the planet.. Its not people is caplilism. A system in which countries have to produce more goods than the year before or we enter a recession. We do not need to make as much stuff... Its a far less extreme method of dealing with the problems than a mass cull...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You said,

until such a time as technology allows

The tech exists, it is dirt sunshine and water!!
The world is NOT overpopulated and can in fact support MUCH more.
Every man woman and child could live in an area the size of Australlia with 1/4 an acre per soul.
This leaves us with a few more continents to populate.
The real problem we face is greed.

Over-population isn't about land mass; it's about what we're doing to the planet to satisfy human need. There are so many people that we need nuclear energy to provide us with electricity to run our furnaces and air conditioners and factories... Nuclear energy means that all over the world we are burying radioactive waste in the ground, rendering it useless for at least ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND YEARS!

We need to reduce the human population to the point where we can shut down those nuclear plants.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collapse of Economy

Billions of people live in the cities around the world. If (when) this accursed global economy collapses, your money will be worth ZERO. What will happen then, you ask? Well, the produce and cattle farmers certainly aren't going to hand over their goods to the food distributors for FREE. Even if they did, the food distributors aren't going to ship those goods into the cities for FREE. Even if they did, the gas stations aren't going to fuel up those trucks for FREE. In short, no food will ever make it into the cities.

The day of the collapse there will be a mad rush into the city stores, upon which every shelf will be emptied. This food might last one or two weeks. Then, what horror comes next? These billions of people are going to grab any weapon they can find and head off into the woodlands to kill and eat anything and everything that crawls, walks, and flies. The lakes, rivers and oceans will be completely fished out. It will be a mass extinction that will seal our doom on this planet. From this point on, billions and billions of people will die of starvation. People will start eating people. If by some miracle a few of us survive long enough to grow more vegetables, we just might save humanity, but at the cost of every other living creature on the planet.

And this will happen all because we think of ourselves, of human life, as more precious than every other living thing, even more precious than the welfare of the planet.

Right NOW there are too many damn people!

edit on 3/4/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You do have somewhat of a point, there are folks out there that are totally wasteful.
This has nothing at all to do with how many people the earth can sustain and overpopulation is the issue.
I use no nuclear enegy myself, the local plant was shut down in 88 or so.
I grow alot of my food and I produce roughly 30 percent of my own energy.
It seems the problem with the world is not overpopulation but stupidity and waste.
And no matter how hard I hope, the senate has not passed a stupidity law!
Overpopulation is quite a ways off, and if some starve to death it will be mostly from stupidity, that or state sponsored killings.

(Edit)

I need to fix your ending statement for you.
Right NOW there are too many damn dependant people!
edit on 4-3-2012 by g146541 because: dependant issue

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

That mean the government is going to br racist and only white people breed. It is always white people to come up with eugenicist programs. It sounds like you want discrimination towards disabled people. You sicken me

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

What about just remove yourself from the world if you believe for supporting the elite evil plan to depopulate the world. Are you white, it is mostly white people that believe this crap and think they can control the world and reduce the population. I don't like elite thinking people like you and part of satan's people who want death. I see people that support the elite's agenda to reduce the world's population as anti human and part of satan's children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join