It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Initiative: Depopulation. Lets push for it already.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bull. I simply told the OP of this ridiculous thread to begin with himself.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think it is up to us as citizens to stand up and demand this place be shut down even through violent means. When there is enough people revolution can not be halted even by the powers that be because it would be like an ant colony swarming over them. You can't stop everyone...even with a gun but people have to be willing to fight for it.

Is it any wonder why governments would be floating the depopulation idea?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I don't know why people automatically pick on cows. If everyone turned to vegetarians there wouldn't be enough land on this planet to grow food. Have you ever watched a Vegetarian eat? They seem to graze on stuff all day long.

The fact is we waste lots of food. People throw a lot of their steak away all the time. Restaurants introduce chemistry into foods to make people hungrier. Back in the 60's and early 70s if you ate 2000 calories a day you were stuffed. Now with all the introduced antioxidants to help keep toxins from killing us we need 3000 calories or will starve. Antioxidant= anti-burn= buy more food and Toilet paper. I think it's a conspiracy started by Charmin and other TP companies.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Before all the responses show up claiming "your (sic) an idiot, there's plenty of space on teh Earth. All people in the world could physically fit into a patch the size of L.A." - can I propose we just make a mandate to stop reproducing stupid people? It's what will really kill us all.

Everyone should watch this movie before it gets taken down on youtube:

Satire, and yet soooo frighteningly true.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The people that form the corporate elite feel they are superior to you in every way.

Yes and the people that form the corporate elite also want MORE population, not less.

It's pretty simple math - the more people there are in the world, the more people there are for them to exploit. Human beings are a resource - the more stuff we produce, consume and waste - the more profit they make off of it.

This isn't rocket science. The whole eugenics/they want to kill us all nonsense is just a bunch of paranoid tinfoil fluff with no basis in actual conspiracy-reality.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
Bull. I simply told the OP of this ridiculous thread to begin with himself.

I have stated I already have
I am not breeding. I also discuss contraception and planning out a family with my nieces. I am doing my part.

As far as ridiculous...what is ridiculous about it? the absolute solid fact that the consumption of the earths resources is at a critical point now? Yes, it is ridiculous, isn't it. The fact that in 2050 there will be an extra 2 -billion- mouths to feed, which means tens of millions of acres of forests destroyed for farms, and even more for wood to construct housing and the like?

Isn't that ridiculous..look at how the trend is going up steadily decade after decade like a perfect arc

I have a consensus of world scientists from all walks supporting my ridiculous thread...you have..a couple of corporate purchased politicians using your voice for their profit margin.
I stand by my ridiculous ideas.

_________
~Tenth
Yes, I agree...with what we already have, if it was implemented, we would be doing quite well.
But the issue is what I just said...if it was implemented.
It won't be implemented in any serious effort until its too late..until the house is on fire basically...and then we will have a nice solar panel home in the center of a broken world...
This is smoking
People smoke, knowing sort of in a logical way that it is hurting them, but they don't feel it day to day
so they keep smoking, knowing that they will one day quit and get healthy
and often people tend to do the quit thing after their second heart attack, having their ribs cracked open and bypasses given, etc...then they drop the cigarettes and try to undo what they did to themselves without concern.

We are not a 20 year old planet anymore...we are in our 60s, we are coughing, we have strange lumps...we need to quit the damn smoking and hope its not too late...

But we won't..because thats what humans are as a species..we will continue to do the worst for ourselves until we are literally laying down almost lifeless..then we will spring into action...

So..yes..great...we actually do have the tech
and we have no motivation to use it..we need an emergency
and maybe if people are given birth control pills by the governments worldwide..people may think "this is outragous..why?" and then realize its because of the unused tech we need to implement...who knows, the outrage alone may be the catalist towards the change towards a green environment

Better to have a false flag worry verses an actual undo-able catastrophe to wake people out of their stupor and demand what is right.

So yes, having the tech is one thing...does no good though unless its used on a massive scale..and as you point out, its unlikely that will happen. So..then what? we all give up and murder whats left of the planet?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Do you think people want to live?

I garantee you... if they all got what they wanted... 80% of the world population would kill themselves unintentionaly.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to over population. The future isnt a magical place.... its reality.. and often thats not as appitizing as peoples fantasys. Many will choose not to eat.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I don't know why people automatically pick on cows. If everyone turned to vegetarians there wouldn't be enough land on this planet to grow food. Have you ever watched a Vegetarian eat? They seem to graze on stuff all day long.

Asking people..not a single person, but an entire species to simply alter their life...
might as well tell everyone to simply walk around naked.

There is absolutely no quality in the suggestion as it wont happen, period.
Yes, we should all eat grass and throw away our cars in favor of walking.

do you honestly believe you could convince the world population to do this? Do you think there is any argument you could ever make..to include jesus christ himself standing beside you and saying 'ya..what he said!"...and it actually taking effect?

If everyone turned vegetarian..sure
Why not "if everyone only got their food through photosynthesis, we wouldn't have an issue.
just as likely an outcome..aka, its a fantasy..and not even sci-fi..but harry potter type unrealistic thinking.
We need solutions for reality, not for "if only they would alter their entire life" and McDonalds decided to shut down one day for concerns of the earth"

Sorry...that came out a bit sarcastic..but I occasionally get ticked off with the 'if only" stuff that isn't based in any realistic solution.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
There was a recent thread here, about how someone(s) have figured a way to grow meat in their lab. I'm against the gmo frankenfood, but if a sirloin comes from it'self, (it's atomic molecular composition and -unaltered-) (almost sort of, I think, like a StarTrek food replicator,) ("computer! One sirloin.) all the corrupt, brutal, dirty filthy dangerous and polluting factory farms would be outa biz overnight, literally.

Here is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: ad link

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
There was a recent thread here, about how someone(s) have figured a way to grow meat in their lab. I'm against the gmo frankenfood, but if a sirloin comes from it'self, (it's atomic molecular composition and -unaltered-) (almost sort of, I think, like a StarTrek food replicator,) ("computer! One sirloin.) all the corrupt, brutal, dirty filthy dangerous and polluting factory farms would be outa biz overnight, literally.

Here is the thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3-3-2012 by Saucerwench because: ad link

I used to be quite excited about the idea of GM foods.pity our initial trials are so screwy. I do think more should be done in this area, but for now, things are in that trial and error stage, and need to go back to the lab verses in our fields. the concept is great, the implementation has yet to impress (and in some cases, makes me a bit frightened with evidence showing more damage than harm).

As far as the faux-meat, I am cautiously optimistic, but I think we have a long way to go before we can enjoy a cloneburger.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Do you think people want to live?

I garantee you... if they all got what they wanted... 80% of the world population would kill themselves unintentionaly.

You have nothing to worry about when it comes to over population. The future isnt a magical place.... its reality.. and often thats not as appitizing as peoples fantasys. Many will choose not to eat.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

not following.
people want to live? of course people want to live.
If everyone got what they wanted, and it was accomplished by how we do things currently..we would be extinct within months (considering everyone wants comfort..and comfort typically involves good foods, meats, air conditioning, clean water, etc etc etc)..it shouldn't be that way though...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

I don't disagree with you however I don't believe birth controlling everyone would be a viable solution because eventually there would be a too many people unable to have children I would think. Some population growth is necessary to continue a species no matter how many people are here "now".

So my solution to this....put nearly everyone on birth control and allow only a select number of births a year which must be applied for by parents. Like applying for a job. You have to meet certain qualifications. IQ test, health test, and you have to be financially stable and have both parents still. That way we could still maintain population and in process also improve the quality of life being produced.

My 2 cents

Bit iron fisted. I agree with the principle, but I don't agree with forced birth control...I mean, I agree with its aim, just know that it could and would be abused. We must realize we are a corruptable species and therefore realize everything that can be abused, will be abused.

Want a kid? cant pass the test? pay this guy and we will bump you up and reject someone whom passed, etc...

So...although it would be an interesting model if say, uncorruptable computers made the calls..we as humans would totally screw that up real quick.

My thoughts is not of sterilization, but of people planning their pregnancy verses accidently getting preggers.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
And it is by the way a myth that we are overpopulated. It is the elite that is ruining this world, not us...
edit on 3-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

You realize that the "elite" is a term used by the have nots about the haves.

You say "the elite"

but you (most likely) sit in the west
Some dude in pakistan or africa looks at you, with your fancy western clothes, cars, computers, 3 meals a day, etc etc etc and calls you the elite...and will see you with equal contempt that you hold for whomever you are calling "elite".

aka, its a nonsense game that allows for people not to try because they have given up personal responsibility

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Just wanted to note that Putin pays Russians to have babies...though the last sentence is telling.

Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has announced plans to reverse Russia’s declining population.

In a major speech in the Duma, that was broadcast live to the nation, Putin says the government is going to spend $53 billion on initiatives to raise the birth rate and increase life expectancy.

These inititives he calls “demography projects”. The call comes as the result of statistics that show Russia’s population has fallen by 6 percent since the mid 1990′s.

Putin says “First, we expect the average life expectancy to reach 71 years.”

“Second, we expect to increase the birth rate by 25-30% in comparison to the 2006 birth rate.”

In his wide ranging speech on the economic and social state of Russia, Putin was big on rhetoric but small on detail.

Source

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Let's say you are correct on the over population.
How do we cull the herd?
What number is appropriate?
Who would determine the number?
What would be their motivation?
Then there's the religious issue.
Muslims and catholics pop 'em out like. . . . . bunnies!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree with the need for birth control, We'll never stop people from making whoopee.

Kinda reminds me of a commercial that has been on TV off and on for the last 50 years! (maybe longer)

You know, The one that begs for money to "Feed the Children"?

It exploits poverty stricken, apparently orphaned kids in foreign countries who are starving to death

It was, and always has been, "For less than a dollar a day, You can feed, clothe and educate these poor souls".

So we send "money" to feed them.
They get "educated" in a religious environment.
They grow up and make MORE children THEY can't feed! It's a never ending process!

I'm all for charity and such, But there is something seriously lacking in their education!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Let's say you are correct on the over population.
How do we cull the herd?
What number is appropriate?
Who would determine the number?
What would be their motivation?
Then there's the religious issue.
Muslims and catholics pop 'em out like. . . . . bunnies!

I don't know the actual numbers to attain for balance of environment, I would venture to say about half of what we have now is a fair aim..until tech is employed to support more. The less westerners there are, the better in regards to consumption..A person living a next to nothing existance in nowheresville china consumes far less than some SUV driving soccer mom dragging around bulk groceries from the local walmart. It makes sense for the west to be the leaders in self regulation of our population due to our desire to have not just more, but maximum.

Religion...ya..there is a tough nut to crack. I am not sure of any religion demanding you have 540 babies. the issue here is the contraception to begin with. Perhaps a tax on any child over 1 per family to hit people in the wallet and make them...reconsider their stances on the condoms or pills

meh, now you know my general dislike towards religions...they are little more than gasoline in a forest fire...not going to pray our way out of this issue.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You openly admit to the flaws in your overpopulation thread.

Its our excesses...or way of life that is the issue.

Then shouldn't we look and see who is the excess? and consider them for depopulation?

a cow...a single cow requires 10 acres to sustain its life (grazing).

(grazing) vs the rest of the cows that we usually all eat who are penned 20 to a stall.
Would you not feed your cow your scraps in exchange for its milk?
Plus do we really need a cow for milk?
Why not a goat?

We eat cows (several) a year averaging.

Many families go in and buy butcher cows and do this once a year, I am familiar with this practice as I had 6 kids at one point of my life, I don't recall buying several for 8 people.
We did buy pigs as well.

do the math

And I believe this to simply be sarcasm
But why do the math when someone has already done it?
He says you can grow the bulk of your food and support a rare food business on the side with only 1/10th an acre for the whole family?
I imagine the portion of food he does not grow would be dairy and meats, which he may trade in vegetables.

My idea gives every living human soul 1/4 and acre apiece, that is a full acre for a family of four!
Your argument does not hold water, yet alone air.
You have been lied to and you believed it, don't be mad at us, think on it and direct your anger at the folks who lied to you!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

I would consider depopulation not the killing of people but what the OP had mentioned around contraception and I agree that we need to consider having less children. I does not make sense to me why people that are on government assistance are allowed to have multiple children considering that a good percentage of families are generational when it comes to leaning on the system. I do not condone killing people as a way of depopulation but cutting down the number of children one can have is a good idea. The problem becomes I believe what China has run into and that is nobody to take care of the aging population because of the lull in births as a certain time..It is kinda hard to think we are running out of resources though when you watch shows like Man vs. Food..talk about abundance and gluttony in our country..or atleast on the surface we appear to have a lot..we are simply draining resources whether it be forestry or agriculturally we certainly are not helping things..

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join