It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Initiative: Depopulation. Lets push for it already.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Heya folks.

OK, so after considering this subject for over 2 years (going back and forth) I have concluded that rising population currently is a bad thing.
I want to state currently and not like..eternally.
I would love a world that could easily support 50 billion people with little to no impact on the environment, however, until such a time as technology allows for us to achieve this, then we are right now at a path of absolute destruction to the one single biosphere we all live in. This is our body (the earth) and the poison we continue to pour into it will kill us.

We must reduce the population through birth control globally until such a time as the tech counters any negative effects This may take 50 years or more before we hit that point of neutral tech..but a small price to pay when you consider what is at risk

This is the initial post..following post is a more detailed description of the worry. If your not one for reading much before responding, then at least this gives a quick overview of the discussion

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
This may indeed turn into a global warming/climate destabilization thread, however, this is more about contraception initiatives throughout the world that we should all get on board with.

1) Food
As westerners (this is written by a person in the US whom is under the assumption the majority of readers will be at least in the west, if not also in the US), we live a lifestyle of excess. We eat meat often.
It takes approximately 10 acres of grazing land per cow. As eastern nations are becoming more wealthy and developed, they are also eating more meat in their diet.
The farmland to support the cattle and other meats industry is becoming very problematic

As nations develop more and more, more land will be required to raise more animals for consumption. America (and overall the west, but especially the US) is the world leader in our consumption..and many nations are trying to trend like America in this respect (like it was a good thing or something).

Creation of farmland means knocking down trees and destroying entire ecosystems to make way for grazing pastures. This effects us..we are basically ripping our lungs out in order to expand our stomach.

I could go on more and more about how with rising global temperatures, fertile grasslands and praries will recieve less rain, thereby making crop growth stagnate, requiring more fields in northern areas, which will remove even more of our natural "air scrubbers"(trees), etc..but you get the point (hopefully).

2) Dirty fuels.
Perhaps the biggest problem facing us today
Oil is a finite resource and much of the "easy" oil is already tapped. I won't delve into the rampant and insane amounts of pollution caused by fossil fuels..I will just say, if you think this is a non issue, drive your car into a garage. shut the door, then after about 10 minutes while sitting in there, explain why there is no problem...chances are, you won't be saying much
But ok, back to the issue
Again, as developing nations get more cars on the road, and as more of our world oil supply starts getting tapped out, we will see massive crisis happen worldwide. Energy costs spiking through the roof, and without some strong alternatives being put in place, eventually we will hit a point where we have to once again fire up hundreds of coal plants...blackening the atmosphere. If you don't know of issues with a smog filled atmosphere..well...dont vote. just..don't. You may not also understand how smoking a cigarette effects the lungs..just trust the professionals when they say it does.

3) Migration
So, what happens when the earth gets a couple/few degrees warmer? Well, ice melts, allowing more sunlight to come into the earth..microwaving us. things start happening more and more rapidly. Massive storms, different migration patterns, sea levels rising, and swallowing up coastal communities. But most important is how the farmland fares. As temps rise, more and more water is used to keep farmland wet. This becomes prohibitively expensive in the southern regions that recieve less and less rain, and so the southern grain areas start to become abandoned. With the loss of much of our fossil fuels, the big tractors, mega diesel engine machines simply stop running due to expense. Entire states move..
And southern border nations become open due to nobody really enforcing the borders.
Imagine a south american rush towards the north due to famine numbering in the millions. Imagine the endless lines of refugees. Like a swarm of locusts, refugees tend to strip all resources as they pass looking for food, clean water, etc.

Just three points (this subject has dozens of major points...these three alone..hell, 1 alone should be enough, but well..you lot are a stubborn bunch).

Solutions?

Yes..there are some, but first we must understand who we as a people, nation, and civilization are.
We are greedy and gluttonous. We will not strongly support change to stop the nightmare from coming..and although that in itself speaks of doom, it may not be a game over senario as many believe.
We can invent our way out of this I think. The average person would love to have a green home..to have advanced affordable solar and wind powering their house locally verses plug into the grid..so long as they don't have to stop a single thing they do (with our 3 televisions/computers/etc on at any given moment). I am the same way..I am an energy hog..and the idea of living a spartan existance is not appealing to me if I can help it..so don't take this as judgement...we are greedy hogs..and we must accept this about ourselves, then demand our reps push for things to offset our consumption of energy
We can also, with enough green energy being harnassed, start massive underground growth chambers, making multi-level cattle and veg farms in a single square mile with artificial lighting. We could have in a single plot, dozens of farming levels dug deep into the earth, all being perfectly irrigated with recycled water, powered by solar, tidal,

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Some green solutions that do not interfere with our quality of life and will allow us again to start breeding out of control:

Advanced solar energy - Obvious. Deserts should have thousands upon thousands of acres filled with panels to power entire coasts. Wind turbines, any and all zero emmission energy sources need to be granted the full weight of the federal government to be enacted. Declare war on environmental damage and spend wartime money in projects that give sustained clean energy to our cities...instead of building a bomb that costs 200k a pop, make 100 solar panels with the same money. Our short term debt will balance out in a few years and the economic and environmental benefits will be damn near exponential
Thats just solar. Wind farms, Geo-thermal, Biofuel, Hydro, etc..all of these things on the warfront should be a priority..far more than making new jets to patrol some middle eastern nation to protect our oil interests

Tiered farmland and ranchland
I touched on to this. Imagine the parking garage philosophy built underground...tons of levels of cows, grain, etc..all being grown in a very small place..enough to feed a city with the size of a single moderate farm. Suddenly we don't have to clear forests, we can recycle the water, the energy would be maximized in usage, and on the surface, you could have just a small array of solar panels to power the artificial lighting and irrigation below.
This is one idea..there are many innovative and new ideas on how to grow food in balance with nature

Repairing the OZone:
How can this be done? I have ideas (the chem-trail folks would probably be more in tune with this subject)..light weight metallic spreading high up? I am concerned about potential long term damage that would nullify the possible initial advantages...still, something to consider.

What else...I am far more in favor of speed rushing the tech mind you..the reduction of population will more than likely not happen..and instead of us being rational human beings choosing a birth control reduction, we will have the natural plague wipes out 2/3rds of humanity version..if we are lucky that is..unlucky will be we went to far and the earth becomes uninhabitable eventually. So, tech is critical.

What other techs and ideas could counter this and be implemented almost immediately?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

L
L

4.6 percent of the world’s population and 33 percent of global consumption. That’s America’s grab at the goodie basket, the cause of all its conflicts, and its ultimate undoing. Remember the old hippie tune – I’d love to change the world, but I don’t know what to do? I know I had some Earth shattering revelations during multiple acid trips in the past – the problem was the next morning all traces of them were long gone. Now that I’m not drug addled the solution is clear - take America out and all’s well.
www.comradesimba.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

You said,

until such a time as technology allows

The tech exists, it is dirt sunshine and water!!
The world is NOT overpopulated and can in fact support MUCH more.
Every man woman and child could live in an area the size of Australlia with 1/4 an acre per soul.
This leaves us with a few more continents to populate.
The real problem we face is greed.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

They are already working on it. You, your children have already been experimented on through chemicals added to food and vaccines in the name of lowering fertility rates.

The population growth will stabilize pretty soon and in the west it is already on the decline for most part if it wasnt for immigration.

And it is by the way a myth that we are overpopulated. It is the elite that is ruining this world, not us...
edit on 3-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but people that rant and rave about the absolute need for depopulation sicken me a wee bit. It basically says to me that these people are secretly chaos-based, unempathetic robots willing to kill, and so they find a way to justify killing hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people, and rather than taking the responsibility even, they'd rather do it by a manner less direct so their hands are "clean".

You know what that sounds like? Pre-meditated murder, on a massive scale - genocide. It sounds like Hitler's birthday. I can come up with just as many reasons to say we are not over populated, and just as many reasons to say we have the ability to reorganize society and economic practices, along with consumption, to adjust for population growth, expansion into space for living, etc.

Yet, we have people just saying "Ah, # it, let's just kill 'em all!"

How about this, because no one wants to be on the train to the incinerator, or the cities that are cut off from food, or the countries that are cut off from trade - how about instead, we take a global poll, asking "Are you for, or against global de-population?"

Answer for: you get de-populated.

So, thanks for being volunteers

edit on 3-3-2012 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Global population is set to shrink around the year 2050 no matter what. But I'm not against promoting birth control, as long as it's voluntary.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Sounds like the OP has some good centrally managed tyrannical plans for us poor non-elite types. If the OP's vision comes true, I'll join the fight to destroy it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

hes saying use some birth control if you actually read the thread. and yes i am planning on depopulating by not having any kids but adopting instead if i want one, and i use birth control. since when does birth control=mass genocide like unto hitler? seriously? he doesn't say we should kill anyone, anywhere in his thread

if you don't think overpopulation is a problem then you need to read more about it. water tables are one of the most obvious ones and china is having huge problems projected because of water supply issues.

en.wikipedia.org...

war is also increased due to overpopulation.
life expectancy is lowered
deforestation occurs leading to desertification
more intensive farming methods are used to match pop growth
all natural resources like metals/wood/fuels are depleted
Mass species extinction due to hunting/loss of natural habitat

saying we should use birth control actually helps prevent massive die offs and is much more peaceful than just letting things go on the way they do until there is a mass die off due to lack of resources/war in an area.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Nephlim because: expanding

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this subject for a long time as well, and I think it's very much a legitimate concern that warrants serious thought. But it's very complex, and I wouldn't claim that I know very much about it at all.

If the increase in world population continues we will be 9 billion people by 2050, this means we're going to need 70% more production in food than today. What may entail is the deterioration in the quality of animal source foods due to their poor diet. The animals we use for food has also got to eat something, and if the quality of the diet they're getting is bad, so will ours. The use of antibiotics in the diet of dairy cows will result in milk with high contents of antibiotics, and that's not really something that's healthy.

You've written a good summary, but boy is it a complex issue. It's tied together with everything, and I doubt anyone really understands it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

You said,

until such a time as technology allows

The tech exists, it is dirt sunshine and water!!
The world is NOT overpopulated and can in fact support MUCH more.
Every man woman and child could live in an area the size of Australlia with 1/4 an acre per soul.
This leaves us with a few more continents to populate.
The real problem we face is greed.

And the fact that people enjoy eating..and using power

Yes, hell, you could probably squish everyone into a phone booth...
Its our excesses...or way of life that is the issue.

a cow...a single cow requires 10 acres to sustain its life (grazing).
We eat cows (several) a year averaging.
do the math

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto

I'm sorry, but people that rant and rave about the absolute need for depopulation sicken me a wee bit.

You are easily sickened then.

It basically says to me that these people are secretly chaos-based, unempathetic robots willing to kill,

Says to me you don't read anything outside of headlines and make up the subject based on whatever you think.
Says also to me to ignore your general method of thought considering you choose to decide what it means verses read up.

ignorance sickens me btw...just a little bit.

You know what that sounds like? Pre-meditated murder, on a massive scale - genocide. It sounds like Hitler's birthday.

Godwins law. You lost the debate..your out.
(google it...yep)

I can come up with just as many reasons to say we are not over populated,

Given you can't seem to read an ops or grasp the subject, I suspect your "reasons" would be not overly reasonable...

Answer for: you get de-populated.

I have chosen not to breed for various reasons. This being one of them. I practice what I preach. For some reason, I actually give a rats arse about -your- children.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
I've been thinking about this subject for a long time as well, and I think it's very much a legitimate concern that warrants serious thought. But it's very complex, and I wouldn't claim that I know very much about it at all.

If the increase in world population continues we will be 9 billion people by 2050, this means we're going to need 70% more production in food than today. What may entail is the deterioration in the quality of animal source foods due to their poor diet. The animals we use for food has also got to eat something, and if the quality of the diet they're getting is bad, so will ours. The use of antibiotics in the diet of dairy cows will result in milk with high contents of antibiotics, and that's not really something that's healthy.

You've written a good summary, but boy is it a complex issue. It's tied together with everything, and I doubt anyone really understands it.

It is, hense why I gave a link.
your correct about the 2050 line..but also tie in the east becoming more western..aka, eating more meat, using more electricity
We are pretty much screwed unless things change drastically

And consider that...this is a conspiracy thread and a discussion about a scientific certainty about an end should we not wake up...and even on here you get people dismissing it

We won't change
Well, we wont willingly change...something about the sea rising 10 feet that will sort of make you change, no matter what your desire
hard to drive a hummer with no gas in an ocean.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Saturn,

The technology for 100 billion humans to live comfortably, without major damage to the environment is possible today, there's just no interest by your masters to have it done.

They want you to think that depopulation is the only viable answer right now, makes you disconnect from all the death and destruction in the world.

Our problem with populations today is that we gather in areas that are prone to natural disasters and that have limited ability to produce common resources we all require, like food etc.

It's also because of our energy policy, our economic policy and a variety of other reasons that an increasing population seems like a ridiculous idea. The reality is it's not the ammount of people that is stupid, it's the policies and system we currently live under that make this difficult.

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't disagree with you however I don't believe birth controlling everyone would be a viable solution because eventually there would be a too many people unable to have children I would think. Some population growth is necessary to continue a species no matter how many people are here "now".

So my solution to this....put nearly everyone on birth control and allow only a select number of births a year which must be applied for by parents. Like applying for a job. You have to meet certain qualifications. IQ test, health test, and you have to be financially stable and have both parents still. That way we could still maintain population and in process also improve the quality of life being produced.

My 2 cents

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You make a good point but until people will actively unite and fight these activities it will not end. I have thought a lot about this myself and I just don't see anyway to avoid depopulation unless people literally simultaneously realize what's going on and go out to the places that are causing these problems....like Monsanto and demand justice...not saying hurt people in the company but # if people were really that pissed they'd go to Monsanto and burn the #er down. Monsanto employees could of course leave the building and would hopefully be warned ahead of time but to be honest I don't really care terribly much. I know that's rather cold because surely not everyone working for Monsanto is out to hurt people or take advantage of them but certainly the vast majority must have some clue, and if people on the inside of the company can't do anything about it then I think it is up to us as citizens to stand up and demand this place be shut down even through violent means. When there is enough people revolution can not be halted even by the powers that be because it would be like an ant colony swarming over them. You can't stop everyone...even with a gun but people have to be willing to fight for it. This will probably garner me some attention from big brother but I believe the same thing about our government and much of it's policies. Until the cancer is removed then how can the nation heal? It is up to the people to over throw unjust government through any means so that they may maintain their quality of life and the rights which our founding fathers fought so hard for. I'd fight. No point in doing it alone though.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

lol someone should flash mob Monsanto....

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You've been drinking the UN eugenicist coolaid...

Eugenics.

The people that form the corporate elite feel they are superior to you in every way. They call this eugenics. Eugenics is a pseudo science to find some justification for sterilizing or killing you.

In 1883 Sir Francis Galton, cousin to Charles Darwin, drew on Darwin's theory and proposed what we now call eugenics and even "coined" the term eugenics. He wrote a book called "Inquiries into human faculty and its development" in which he encouraged early marriage of families of high rank. So right from the beginning eugenics was elitist, and the elitist bought into it.

I will skip all the famous world people (you can read wikipedia on it) who advocated eugenics and skip to the families funding and pushing eugenics: The Rockerfellers and Carnegies. They started in 1910 with the Eugenics Records Office. You can view their hiddious ideas in full at an archive here: link.

Both the Carnegies and Rockerfellers continue to this day to fund eugenics movements millions of dollars a year. They also fund the universities and controlling agencies over our medicine. Our whole system of medicine is based on institutions and organizations they funded and the politicians they controlled.

Here is a quote from their own lips:

“…The first task is population control at home. How do we go about it? Many of my colleagues feel that some sort of compulsory birth regulation would be necessary to achieve such control. One plan often mentioned involves the addition of temporary sterilants to water supplies or staple food. Doses of the antidote would be carefully rationed by the government to produce the desired population size.” – Paul Ehrlich, The Population Bomb, p.130-131

Outrageous? Surely this is a lone example?

“If I were reincarnated I would wish to be returned to earth as a killer virus to lower human population levels.” - Prince Phillip, Duke of Edinburgh, leader of the World Wildlife Fund – quoted in “Are You Ready For Our New Age Future?,” Insiders Report, American Policy Center, December ’95

“A total population of 250-300 million people, a 95% decline from present levels, would be ideal.” – Ted Turner – CNN founder and UN supporter – quoted in the McAlvany Intelligence Advisor, June ’96

“The world has a cancer, and that cancer is man.” – Merton Lambert, former spokesman for the Rockefeller foundation

“In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it’s just as bad not to say it.” – Jacques Cousteau

Overpopulation

You see overpopulation is a false flag eugenicist idea.

“Eugenic goals are most likely to be attained under another name than eugenics.” - Frederick Osborn

“Eugenics views itself as the fourth leg of the chair of civilization, the other three being a) a thrifty expenditure of natural resources, b) mitigation of environmental pollution, and c) maintenance of a human population not exceeding the planet’s carrying capacity. Eugenics, which can be thought of as human ecology, is thus part and parcel of the environmental movement.”
- John Glad “Future Human Evolution: Eugenics in the Twenty-First Century.”

You see the UN has been at eugenics from the beginning. UNESCO, the UN education authority has been pushing global government and eugenics through the worlds education system:

"The general philosophy of UNESCO should be a scientific world humanism, global in extent and evolutionary in background...its education program it can stress the ultimate need for world political unity and familiarize all peoples with the implications of the transfer of full sovereignty from separate nations to a world organization...Political unification in some sort of world government will be required...Tasks for the media division of UNESCO (will be) to promote the growth of a common outlook shared by all nations and cultures...to help the emergence of a single world culture....Even though it is quite true that any radical eugenic policy will be for many years politically and psychologically impossible, it will be important for UNESCO to see that the eugenic problem is examined with the greatest care, and that the public mind is informed of the issues at stake so that much that now is unthinkable may at least become thinkable."
- The first director -general of UNESCO Sir Julian Huxley, 1948, "UNESCO: Its Purpose and Its Philosophy."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join