It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Point Energy Question.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
According to my understanding of Zero Point Energy....simply put it's a sea of energy that exists all over the universe. My question is this:.....

If Zero Point Energy Exists.........then how could have the planets as well as all the stars form? I assume that if there's a wave of zero point energy flowing throughout the universe....how can one account for the rotations of different planets, stars as well as galaxies? Either my understanding is premature or there's something missing in the equation.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The average person doesn't know a thing about Zero Point Energy so I guess you are right there is something that we are missing from the equation

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I just hope that I can get some knowledgeable people to answer my question

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Zero point energy and its concept could elaborate from the basic concept, E=Mc2.

The point is correlative with space, and mass. Since in nuclear reactions only a very small mass transforms into energy, one can envision the extent to which we are surrounded by energy. In fact we ARE energy, in its molecular form, something akin to a battery if you will.

From what I have read on the internet, the concept of "free energy," is not really free, it is E=Mc2 addressing time-space. The mathematics may be complex but working and patented models such as the MEG already exist. Something is happening in the scientific quest for efficiencies, even going beyond zero point to multiples.

Electricity comes from the ground and goes back to the ground, that is the nature of a circuit. Many "free energy," devices attempt to retain the power from its cycle back to the ground, some are disinformation. Powerful political and economic forces decry efficiency when people purchase inefficiency endlessly. Although we have "energy efficient," computers and appliances, it is a matter of retaining vested interests in current plant output without electric companies increasing hardware of generators and fuel costs.

Companies and consumers using a great deal of power can already decrease their bills through line conditioners caring for voltage peaks and valleys as well as line noise from power companies. Inefficient voltages produce unnecessary amperage, eg. higher bills. Other efficiencies require fairly little known techniques as this.

Zero point energy is possibly better described as "leveraging efficiencies," in many ways. There are other factors about the issue, so keep informed and read on about it through Google or your search engine of choice..

[edit on 20-9-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How does the MEG operate?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeMoreCynical
How does the MEG operate?

MOTIONLESS ELECTROMAGNETIC GENERATOR

MOTIONLESS ELECTROMAGNETIC GENERATOR

[edit on 20-9-2004 by SkipShipman]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
How much energy can be drawn from one of them? How big are they roughly?

How much would be needed say to power a house?

Thanks

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeMoreCynical
How much energy can be drawn from one of them? How big are they roughly?

How much would be needed say to power a house?

Thanks

Please click on the link above, you should find the answers to many questions on the MEG, however you may also enter "Zero point energy," in Google if you like.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I thought zero point energy came from the quantum foam which exists on scales smaller then the planck length. I think I read that in the book The Elegant Universe by Brian Greene(?).

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Am i the only one in here that thinks that this technology seems too good to be true?

Can anybody verify its authenticity?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Watch the pilot to stargate atlantis! there are mentions of zero point modules in there! if what they say is true then this could be groundbreaking. im no physicist but im pretty sure that ZPMs can create a heck of a lot of power.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Mad Scientist is on the mark. Zero point energy is the energy within a quantum vacuum. If you were to take a region of space and remove EVERYTHING from it, there still remains what is called zero point energy. In other words, there is no such thing as totally empty space. A sea of energy exists within which everything else resides.

Here's a link to a simple explanation:

www.calphysics.org...

[edit on 9/20/2004 by netbound]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've been looking into this. Stardrive Technologies can't even get a sponsor for this project to help them build the materials.

Tom Bearden and the other guys who have the patent for the MEG can't even be contacted. There's no contact information.

In order to get a patent you don't need a working model, only a diagram. Nobody that i know of has been able to successfully replicate an MEG experiment or being able to conduct electricity by using Zero Point Energy.

If there's any working models please message me. If these MEGs actually work, i would love to see some proof and actually see this myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
So is there ANYBODY who can show me a working model of an MEG or anything that is able to convert Zero Point Energy into a power generator?

All i can find are patents, but no working models. For any of you who don't know....the MEG has a utility patent. To get a utility patent you don't need a working model. According to the patent, there is no information that the product is a working model. Only a whole bunch of unsubstantiated claims.

So does anybody know where i can purchase an MEG? If so, do you know if they work? Is the inventor or the seller willing to show me that this product actually works? Or will they just say that it works and not prove it?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
ok so there is a blanket of energy constant through the entire universe. e=mc2 is but a small example of the proper exploitation of this energy? are there other exploits of zero-point energy besides this? i know the zetans have a pretty advanced understanding of this subject. thats how they are able to cruise through galaxies effortlessly. it seems so simple, yet so unstable. if i am to understand this, and remember i have no education in the physics feild, there is a constant balance of energy. lets say i cough, the energy emmited from my cough will have to have a counter balance and this would be the air we breath?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
So is there any other Zero Point Technology that works?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't think the MEG works. Most of the stuff claiming free energy and antigravity like JL Naudin's site are fake. If it really worked, people would be building and using them a lot. It wouldn't matter if the oil companies had a monopoly, there would still be a bunch of people making it. Sorry, but it's not real.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
you never know the government could be withholding vital information as far as the construction is conserned but then again who knows...

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Up until I see some proof, i'll have agree with DanD9. Nobody can prove that this device works and nobody has shown any evidence that it conducts electricity. I've contacted all the possible places on google and nobody has responded. Not even when i asked for a demonstration.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Okay. Here's the deal (as far as I understand it, at least. quantum mechanics is tricky that way. I suggest stephen hawking's books for a better explanation, with pretty pictures and such, if you aren't into hardcore math).

One of the basic tenets of Quantum Mechanics is Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. This essentially says that it is impossible to know the position and momentum (mass*velocity) of a particle (we're talking subatomic here, this doesn't apply to us, obviously) simultaneously to an arbitrary accuracy at any given point in time.
Now, skip back to electrodynamics - all of space is permeated by the Maxwell field, a mathematical construct in which electromagnetic waves (eg. radio waves, light waves) and their particle equivalents travel and oscillate. When there is no wave, the momentum of the wave/photon is zero.
But wait, here's the trick. Zero is a definite number - for something to be zero would violate the uncertainty principle. So the wave actually oscillates in an infinitesimally small manner around zero. Thus all of space is permeated by energy - the quantum "fuzz". ZPE proposes methods for using this energy - but as far as I can tell, none of them work, and to get any amount of usable energy out of this, you'd need a method for collecting the ZPE out of several cubic kilometers of space.

However, there is one effect, the Casimir effect, that actually shows that this may one day feasible. Essentially, two large metal plates are held a micron apart. Since a smaller number of EM wave frequencies (there are infinitley many, but thanks to lotso mathematical tricks, this all works out) can fit in betwen the plates, the plates are 'pushed' inwards. The force is millions of times weaker than gravity, but we may be able to one day use it - I'm thinking nanoscale machinery

top topics

<<   2 >>

join