It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge oil field discovered in southern Iran

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Only because you do not like the system you live in does not make Iran an example to follow.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by Xeven

No he does not, he lets them live in arrogance. Remember the meek shall inherit the earth.

And of course by meek you mean woman abusing, gay killing, election rigging, jew hating, terrorist funding Iran?

Yeah, real meek.

edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

Those same things could be said about the US you know.

So qa new huge oilfield, well now there is an other new reason why the west will want this war with Iran.

edit on 4-3-2012 by GrouchyGrouch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by beam1
Take the damn lead and show america how its done, till then stfu sit down and stay in your place...

Be careful what you wish for. Your economic model is as doomed as Europe. You look to someone to show you how its done, how about China? A country who's citizens, military, economy, influence and overall power is rapidly on the rise and to think that your AMAZING America is going to halt this is just naive. China has developed itself in such away that it is the new Super Power and is not going to be as easy to crumble as we and our Corrupt financial regimes are.

NOTE: You call for whole country's to 'stay in their place'. What place in American society do you hold? Any top position? Any notable achievements/credentials? What income do you have and where does this put you in the economic class model? If nothing (if you do claim you have you must be willing to prove this) then how hypocritical to tell someone to stay in their place when your place is at or somewhere near the bottom of the food chain in the freest country on earth, where anyone can be what they want to be?

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Why are you so arrogant to reserve the word terrorist for muslims only? You're building up stereotypes just to make life worse. Anyone can be a terrorist, not only muslims.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I think this says it all.

Iran Discovers 7 New Oil Fields (April 7, 2009)

latimesblogs.latimes.com...

Iran announces massive oil discovery in the Persian Gulf (November 21, 2010)

www.payvand.com...

Iran Discovers 13 New Oil and Gas Fields (February 12, 2012)

www.defenddemocracy.org...

Iran announces possible oil cooperation with Saudis in PG (February 22, 2012)

www.presstv.ir...

What do we know about Iran's oil exploration and development?

According to Oil & Gas Journal, as of January 2011, Iran has an estimated 137 billion barrels of proven oil reserves, 9.3 percent of the world's total reserves and over 12 percent of OPEC reserves.

In July 2011, OPEC released its 2010 Annual Statistical Bulletin which raised Iran's proven reserves to more than 151 billion barrels of crude. Some analysts are skeptical of this estimate, however, as Iran revised its reserves a week after Iraq had revised its own, leading some to speculate the move was political.

Iran has a problem with depletion of it's production capacity:

Over 50 percent of reserves are confined to six supergiant fields. Of those onshore reserves, 85 percent are located in the southwestern Khuzestan Basin near the Iraqi border. Iran's crude oil is generally medium in sulfur content and in the 28°-35° API range. Iran faces continued depletion of its production capacity, as its fields have relatively high natural decline rates (8-13 percent), coupled with an already low recovery rate of around 20-30 percent. Sanctions and prohibitive contractual terms have impeded the necessary investment to halt this decline.

Here's what Iran has claimed over the last couple of years:

Iran's reserves are not confined to the southwest and offshore Persian Gulf, creating potential for further discoveries. Iranian has oil reserves under the Caspian Sea, but exploration and development of these reserves have been at a standstill due to territorial disputes with neighboring Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. Iran also shares a number of both onshore and offshore fields with neighboring countries, including Iraq, Qatar, Kuwait, and Saudi Arabia.

There were a number of new discoveries in Iran over the past couple of years. In May 2011, NIOC announced a discovery of a deposit of light oil (35° API gravity) in the Khayyam field, offshore in the Hormuzgan province. The field had been discovered in 2010 but was originally classified as a gas field. According to the NIOC, the volume of in-place oil at this field is 758 million barrels, of which around 170 million barrels are recoverable. Also in May 2011, Iran announced the discovery of new onshore oil fields in its south and west with an estimated half a billion barrels of reserves. In late 2010, Iran claimed the discovery of new crude finds near gas reservoirs in the Persian Gulf, holding total in-place reserves of more than 40 billion barrels of oil, however recoverable reserves could be less than 10 billion barrels. Upstream Projects

Based on the statement below, I think it hints on where the two large oil fields are:

Over the past year, a number of new exploration projects have been undertaken and completed. The completed exploration projects include the Anaran Block, which consists of two large oil fields, Changooleh and Azar (expected to produce 67,000 bbl/d and 68,000 bbl/d, respectively). In addition, exploration projects in the Koohdasht, Garmsar, and Tousan Blocks have been completed, with disappointing results. Some of the exploration projects resulted in no successful gas and/or oil discoveries. Overall, according to FACTS Global Energy (FGE) , Iran's discoveries of crude oil and condensates totaled 10.7 billion barrels in 2010.

Nothing new. More hype from Iran.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

Tim Mcvie now there was a Muslim!
oh ooops wait a minute...did i say Muslim?
heh heh I'm sorry
I ment US government employed christian

well there was that Muslim gang that blew up the King David Hotel....
oh that was zionist um semites working for Hitler against the brits in palistien..,
heh heh
ooopsi drat I flubbed agin...silly me
who knew?
darn Im havin a baaaad day today already.....

there was the Underwear bomber he was a Muslim....
yeah yeah, thats it! now yer talkin!
gosh folks Im solly..
I mean we think he was a Muslim maybe, he didn't have a passport, so the US state departement put him on the plane.

terrorists cause terror...say...what color is the threat level today..is it safe to go outside?
edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Devilish western powers sanction Iran, God delivers on an oil field. You cannot fight god

Is this statement a hint of your true intentions?

Is your god the same as their god? You believe the western powers to be "devilish"? Have we finally outted you as a Iranian puppet?

I remember your old post where you actually wished for European citizens to freeze over this winter as you cheered on an Iranian report that they would no longer sell needed oil to Europe. You actually wished for innocent citizens to suffer, not just the governments who make such decisions.
edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

I'm sure Yeshua (or "Jesus" as you call Him) would be the first to pull out a semi-auto and start riddling people with bullets. He'll just toss aside everything He taught us to make a good Rambo movie in order to satiate everyone's bloodlust.

edit on 4-3-2012 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Sure they did, I believe everything that comes out of Iran...

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Uh oh.

You know what happens to countries who have oil...

Getting soooo tired of this same script.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by BrianDamage

And your extensive knowledge comes from where? Have you spent time there? Or are you just regurgitating what we hear in the MSM? Lets be honest, unless any of us have actually spent time in Iran, we only know what our governments/media tells us, and their track records have hardly been honest in the past.

Have a nice time and if you think about it can you bring me back some keffiyehs. I lost a bag in travel

edit on 4-3-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

The reason they have their nuclear ambitions is so they can make cheap electricity for them selves and sell their oil, this is a great way for growth, and iran will be a majoy player that america doesnt want to happen.

so they need the money from the oil, they dont want to have to use it.

its all economics

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Xeven

But then when that happens, the corrupt and powerful and arrogant come into power. America is not the meek anymore, it is the most powerful.

Look at your congress members, most of them are millionaires, look at the military (the most powerful), look at our attitude ( the most arrogant)....we the USA are living like how the Pharoah did and oppressing the Afghani and middle eastern populations.

Yes exactly. The me inherited the world. You define them as corrupt and arrogant. How else will they inherit the earth? Of course the meek will have powerfull military after they inherit the earth. You seem to think everything is to come. What your missing that most of it is happened happend or happening before your very eyes. I thnk the deciever has scewed your world view so you only see a tiny little piece.

You seem limited to thinking inside the tiny part of history that is your life span. This stuff has been unfolding for thousands of years It is arrogant to think you little part of history is when it all unfolds which is rediculas. If you believe in the bible you know God has killed and punished many thousands of humans in our history. Of course the meek will continue to carry out Gods will by killing and having the most powerful military. God does not throw lightening bolts he throws F-22 lightening bolts... wake up open thine eyes!

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
This thread was initially about IRAN FINDING NEW OIL, and somehow someone managed to get it completely derailed into human rights abuse, wow that tells you a lot about a few ATS members up in here!.

Some people here sound a bit hot under the collar, at least stick to the thread topic,

This is good news for iran, so why dont you just accept it? and discuss it maturely instead of sulking about it indirectly.
edit on 4-3-2012 by ISeekTruth101 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

"woman abusing, gay killing, election rigging, jew hating, terrorist funding..." Wow, for a second i thaught you were talking about America, i mean, ive heard all these things about you as well, but i guess if you just close your eyes and ignore it, its not true? I mean, your country is perfect isnt it? No women abuse? No Hate crimes? No election rigging LOL, and No Jew/Muslim hating??? And your country never sided with terrorists of another country?? Wow you really must be deaf dumb and blind and completley ignorant of history.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

Well well well, what do we have here. Those sanctions seem to be working lol. This is great news for Iran, lets see how many new bad things the western media will start to report because of this great find.

This makes it certain that invasion is sure to come now, or will we see more mellow plots because of this obvious discovery.

Devilish western powers sanction Iran, God delivers on an oil field. You cannot fight god

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 113131p://3America/ChicagoSat, 03 Mar 2012 11:14:13 -0600 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

Actually the OP derailed this thread with his own comments in the second post in this thread. Read above and see what this thread was really about.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
oil is the reason for a lot of human rights abuse so really its oil connected.
gold oil dope and children are the commodities/ currencies that gets you genocided

iran tries to trade that oil for any meaningfull currency other then USD and bobs yer uncle.
edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
how conveinient

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by CR4V3N

Originally posted by beam1
Take the damn lead and show america how its done, till then stfu sit down and stay in your place...

Be careful what you wish for. Your economic model is as doomed as Europe. You look to someone to show you how its done, how about China? A country who's citizens, military, economy, influence and overall power is rapidly on the rise and to think that your AMAZING America is going to halt this is just naive. China has developed itself in such away that it is the new Super Power and is not going to be as easy to crumble as we and our Corrupt financial regimes are.

NOTE: You call for whole country's to 'stay in their place'. What place in American society do you hold? Any top position? Any notable achievements/credentials? What income do you have and where does this put you in the economic class model? If nothing (if you do claim you have you must be willing to prove this) then how hypocritical to tell someone to stay in their place when your place is at or somewhere near the bottom of the food chain in the freest country on earth, where anyone can be what they want to be?

Im not wishing for a thing... No one has a damn clue on how doomed the economy truly is, you can sit there and fear monger how america is going to go down and how happy you and 95% of the ats'ers would be to see that... But at the end of the day america is here standing today, china is not the super power either is russia, no matter how high you hit that singing note it is simply not true..

Now... Im not acting ignorant, i know america is in trouble, all is not peachy.. But today is march 4 2012 its not april, may, june or 2013-14-15 etc. We are here in the now and as of now we are the super power and have the lead, so you spend your days thinking about the future and how america wont be apart of it or kid your self thinking that china is the super power.

I am far from rich but i refuse to read and not say a thing every month on what europe thinks when we are helping them with the bail out and the irony of ausies when they are buying our military goods, so you tell me what good are tney doing for the world when at the end of the day they support us in what we do...

I dont need credentials to stand up for my country.. If the day ever comes i will fight for my country and hopefully you will be in china fighting on there side.. Win or lose i gurantee the world will not be as peachy as you think with out america and it sure as hell will not be an easy fight to take us down.. I promise you that...

America at the bottom of the food chain?wtf? Im far from rich but im also far from the bottom of the food chain too, sooo..
edit on 4-3-2012 by beam1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Xeven

thats not derailing, thats merely discussing the impact of the new find, how else does commenting on threads work?.......

human rights abuse just took it too far, and lashing out at iran for no reason with absurd statements from some of the members here.

i think most of us know who derailed this thread without naming names, usual suspects

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join