It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Samurai cuts in half 200mph BB gun pellet fired at him from 70 feet away

page: 1

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is the most amazing thing I have seen in a long while. I have always had a fascination with swords preferring a medieval knights swords to a samurai swords however I can appreciate how much skill this would take in fact its beyond skill. I think its in the realms of a sixth sense. This is why I have posted the story in the" paranormal studies" section.

It is the stuff you only see in Hollywood films.
A sword-wielding Samurai cuts a pea sized bullet traveling 200 miles per hour, fired at him from 70 feet away.
But this is real-life and the super human feat has been achieved by Isao Machii, a modern-day Samurai who started honing his unbelievable sword skills when he was a child.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... was taught by an old master from the age of five and has now graduated to become the headmaster of a samurai school.
Machii's sword skills have become so accurate that he accepted the challenge from filmmakers to see if he could slice a tiny pellet when shot at him from a BB gun.
All of the action happens at such an incredible speed that it is almost impossible for the human eye to register.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 3-3-2012 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Totally amazing. The guy is a master of his art,no doubt. It was very fast.
I am sorry but i am used to think in metric system, so 70 feet is 21 meters.
200 miles per hour is 89 meters per second.
21/89= 0.23 sec.
In 1/5 of a second he assesed the situation,pulled the sword to meet the pellet and cut it, not in half but 3/4 is not that less cool.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Wow that video was edited quite a bit. I do not deny this feat is amazing but what it shows as him just doing it, is actually his second try. His first try the BB bounced off the blade uncut. Prior to doing this he stood at home plate as a retired pitcher threw a fastball at him. He cut the baseball in half first try. If you know anything about reaction times you will know this is almost impossible to do. He is considered Super Human which is the title of the show this video was hacked out of. It was produced by Stan Lee(creator of comics) and is part of a whole series of super human feats and is available on Netflix should you wish to see the whole thing.

Edit to say: (Quoted from the Netflix description)

Stan Lee's Superhumans (2010) TV-PG

Co-hosted by comic book icon Stan Lee and the oddly gifted Daniel Browning Smith -- one of the world's most pliable men -- this History Channel series spotlights an ever-changing lineup of seemingly ordinary people with superhuman powers.

Genre:
TV Shows, TV Documentaries

Availability:
Streaming and DVD

edit on 3-3-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When I was a kid my father had a 120 year old french bayonet he used as a fire poker. One day I was playing with it when I decided to try and kill a nuisance fly buzzing around the room. I calmed right down trying to use a star wars "feel the force luke" style approach and it worked . I stood still with blade in a striking pose then struck out once at the fly and was amazed when I hit it first time with the edge of the blade and killed it stone dead.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
wow! this is so cool
Looks like his eyes are closed too, can anyone tell?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Very interesting.

Also I didn't know BB guns were so fast too.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Unbelievable, looks like some kind of trick...but isn't.

Not so very long ago there was this thread..

A very talented natural..

The japanese have a show running with such extraordinairy skilled persons. The following YT vid is such a show, I think it is the same guy.

Somewhere on YT there is a japanese man doing simular stunts with a bow and arrow.

edit on 3/3/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am impressed.

BB's are round and subject to environmental things such as wind & gusts. They usually don’t spin and are not very accurate to shoot with because of that - especially if coming from a short barrel like that of the hand gun being used.

BB's could be more accurate if the shot travels a short distance and comes from a high velocity air-gun. But, short distances and high velocities would make this guy’s job way harder that it already is.

Pellets are a lot more accurate. If using a pellet rifle, then there is likely some rifling in the barrel which will cause the pellet to spin as it leaves the barrel. Also the pellet is not shaped like a ball and is more aero-dynamic. Thus it will able to hit the intended target more accurately than a BB would due to less interference from wind or any gusts.

Therefore it's easier to hit the pellet, but not so easy to hit the BB.

The white BB used looks like an Air-Soft BB. Not like the Copperhead metallic BB's from my youth. I would be really impressed if he cut a metallic BB instead. Air-soft BB's are made of compressed corn-starch powder so they can disintegrate over time, thus being environmentally friendly.

According to my math (200*5,280/60/60) 200 MPH works out to 293.33 feet per second. Slow by BB standards. It would be possible to see the BB leave the gun and hit the target.

I would be really, really, really impressed if he could cut a metallic BB instead shot from a 1,300 foot per second rifle within 30 yards. (800+ MPH?)

There is one thing that I do wonder about – why isn’t the guy wearing any eye protection? That BB could very easily be blown towards him and cause an injury. Then what? No more show's to put on.

It's no fun being a one-eye Samurai. Didn’t anyone warn him about “Shooting your eye out”?

Guess he missed that show every Christmas.

-E2

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Fake - adobe after effects.....or it was the 1000000 try

kidding....impressiv! we could learn a lot from the asians...!!!
edit on 3-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wow impressive!

May the Force be with you.

lol

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I saw this a couple years ago on super humans, still impressive. I was just happy to show my kids that ninjas were real, I had it on my DVR so I could show my brother at X-mas, since like june of that year.

S+F

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by reddwhite

I saw this a couple years ago on super humans, still impressive. I was just happy to show my kids that ninjas were real, I had it on my DVR so I could show my brother at X-mas, since like june of that year.

S+F

I'm so glad you know the difference between a ninja and a samurai. And I'm even more glad now that I know that your kids are so well informed now also...
edit on 3-3-2012 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

Because it was never fast enough to be a threat.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
This has been posted about a month ago, but yes it is indeed amazing. I'm pretty sure he studies the Samurai ways, so i wonder what techniques he was taught/read.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Iaido
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Thanks for the link mate

Got some reading to do

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

Even if it took him a few hundred attempts ( which we don't know) its still impressive.As the guy in the video said it would be hard enough to cut it on a table with a kitchen knife let alone a sword that is in its scarab and drawn in a blink of an eye to a millimetre perfect position. Totally amazing.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That was very impressive , you can call them the real X men.. Here were I live the's a guy who can withstand extreme cold temperatures NAKED, I mean he's been tested by scientist for a long time and he's absolutely no fake , watch this documentary its very interesting...

top topics

join