It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast man made tunnel complex in Brazil.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In Brazil in the region of sao Paulo there is the entrance to a manmade tunnel network in a village called Sao Tome das Letras-this translates to Saint Thomas of the Letters in Portuguese.
the town is a well known tourist spot and is on top of a mountain.
At some point in not to distant history the brazilian army entered the tunnels and after travelling for four days came across a large chamber with 3 other tunnels running off,these were explored but not in too much depth,they then returned to the surface where they had entered.
This and another story are told by a local restraunt owner who gives a "once nightly" rendition of this tale and another of a local man who was walking in a morning at the entrance to the tunnel and met a man 7ft tall who was dressed like an Indian from the andes-he wouldnt speak and walked off into the tunnel.
the tunnel actually exsists and tourists regularly enter it but no recent reports talk of any one travelling through it the same distance as the Army did-the tunnel is said to be perfectley dry and the air is always fresh and breathable.
Has anyone on ATS seen the tunnel or been into it-or have any more information of recent explorations?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Good Find Optimus, I havent been there but, now I want too!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
this reminds of another post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

but this tunnel system is in Italy

thrashinc.dynu.com...

weird

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Thanks enrage for that link,those tunnels in malta would definatley put the frightners on me!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
So we have a taly of ancient or old tunnel and/or chamber complexes discussed or reported on ATS lately, located in:

Italy(Rome, Malta, ...)
France(Paris Catacombs)
Greece
Brazil(Sao Tome das Letras)
Russia(Moscow)
USA(Rocky Mountains(this one even has a newspaper reporting it in the early 1900's)
Peru(Lliqui, Cuzco, ...)
And so on and so on.

Anyone noticing a trend here?

Theres so many of these underground complexes, that you can't help but wonder whats down there, or "WHO" is down there.
Makes you wonder doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
There doesnt seem to be anything sinister mentioned about the caves in brazil,unlike some of the reports ive read about others (well not that ive found yet) and it seems that the initial tunnel entrance is just 1 very long tunnel which splits into 3 more not a maze of tunnels vanishing off in all directions,this should make it reasonibly easy to map these tunnels? but the report ive read states that the army didnt venture very far into the other 3 tunnels? probably because of running low on supplys (or though it would seem odd that they wouldnt have just sent a few troops back for more supplys?) or did they find somethig else and decide to keep quiet and just tell the public that they didnt explore further? Like i said theres very little info availble on the other tunnels, fancy a trip there anyone?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Why? Underground tunnels and extensive cave complexes aren't particularly strange.

optimus fett
the army didnt venture very far into the other 3 tunnels? probably because of running low on supplys

I don't think that they necessarily mean a division of the army marched thru the tunnels, they probably sent a few engineers down there or something like that. They probably stopped becuase they got tired of going thru caves?

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I don't think that they necessarily mean a division of the army marched thru the tunnels, they probably sent a few engineers down there or something like that. They probably stopped becuase they got tired of going thru caves?

i dont think they necessarily sent a complete division down there either but the story of the restraunt owner says "the army went down there" not a few engineers from the army-and if the army deemed it a sufficient intrest to send a team of any size down there i would think coming back and saying "we just got tired of going thru caves sir" would have been met by some pretty angry responses.

"quote" Why? Underground tunnels and extensive cave complexes aren't particularly strange

what? no i dont think man made underground tunnels that stretch for possibly hundreads of miles for reasons we dont know are strange either.

what do you find strange then?

[edit on 20-9-2004 by optimus fett]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Where I live there is a tunnel, not very long, just some 300m or so. The tunnel starts in the side of cliff over the river and ends on a wide well. I do not know when these tunnel was made, but it may have been made because of some political/religious war we had in Portugal in the XVII century, because it is inside the walls of a religious building.

The making of tunnels and caves is a good way for someone who wants to disapeer to do it with some security, and if the tunnel is found in a region where was some kind of persecution, then probably it was made by someone on the wrong side of the then curent authorities.

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Anyone have any information of that Italian Pyramids, rumor has it that they are buried under some hills. They are located in Montevecchia

www.lombardiainrete.it...

[edit on 9/20/2004 by FoxStriker]

posted on Sep, 20 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
what? no i dont think man made underground tunnels that stretch for possibly hundreads of miles for reasons we dont know are strange either.

What makes them man made?

what do you find strange then?

No-fat mayo.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   

there man made because (which to be fair i didnt mention) you can see the scaring left from primitive hand tools,ok so they could be made by another species other than human beings but they were almost certainly made by an intelligent life form,and the central chamber i mentioned was lined with cut pieces of stone-according to what the brazillian army/engineers/investigators spoke of.

"quote" no fat mayo

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Where I live there is a tunnel, not very long, just some 300m or so. The tunnel starts in the side of cliff over the river and ends on a wide well. I do not know when these tunnel was made, but it may have been made because of some political/religious war we had in Portugal in the XVII century, because it is inside the walls of a religious building

where abouts in portugal you from ArMap?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Where I live there is a tunnel, not very long, just some 300m or so. The tunnel starts in the side of cliff over the river and ends on a wide well. I do not know when these tunnel was made, but it may have been made because of some political/religious war we had in Portugal in the XVII century, because it is inside the walls of a religious building

where abouts in portugal you from ArMap?

I was born in Lisbon but I live in Almada since 1970.

In case you do not know it, Almada is in the left margin of the Tejo (Tagus) river, opposite to Lisbon.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

there man made because (which to be fair i didnt mention) you can see the scaring left from primitive hand tools,ok so they could be made by another species other than human beings but they were almost certainly made by an intelligent life form,and the central chamber i mentioned was lined with cut pieces of stone-according to what the brazillian army/engineers/investigators spoke of.

"quote" no fat mayo

what u mean another species other than human becuase i dont see any other species similar to man on earth and if intellgent and not from earth why use primitive handtools

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   

there man made because (which to be fair i didnt mention) you can see the scaring left from primitive hand tools

throughout the systems and over all walls or at certain spots? I ask because primitive man seemed to have a fascination with caves, and they can be very extensive. Perhaps the people native to the region in the distant past went into the caves, for reasons similar to the ones that stimulated primitive man to do so in europe.

the central chamber i mentioned was lined with cut pieces of stone

aramp mentions caves with christian artwork stuck on the walls tho. Either way, this is very interesting. Also, the primary domain of the european 'ancient spelunkers' culture was in the north spain, south france region. I would be curious to see if the caves he speaks of in portugal had been used as a religious structure before the christians. Christian holy places often sit on the site of pagan shrines, etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   

throughout the systems and over all walls or at certain spots? I ask because primitive man seemed to have a fascination with caves, and they can be very extensive. Perhaps the people native to the region in the distant past went into the caves, for reasons similar to the ones that stimulated primitive man to do so in europe.

through out the whole system,i have to be fair and say that the text doesnt go into much detail about this but it does say that the tunnels maintain a constant height of 7ft all the way through,theres no tiny or hard to pass points.

I agree with what your saying about primative mans fascination with caves but these tunnels seem to have had one purpose which was underground travel between two points-like i said with the brazillian army though they didnt report the exits of the 3 "splitting" tunnels--it wouldnt be too hard to investigate these other 3 with sufficient equipment and supplys/funding,which is why i wonder no recent reports of them being explored has come to light+ i cant find any reports of persons entering them and not returning like some of the cave/tunnel networks around the world,so they wouldnt seem initially dangerous?
It also doesnt mention drawings or markings on the walls at any point,so i dont think they have any religious or spiritual significance?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Hi Optimus

I also now about a complex net of tunnels located on a medieval French town, which I have visited on my way to Paris, about 4 years ago. It was used, firstly as an escape exit from the town, going under the defense walls. They were several km. I just cannot remember the towns name. Maybe some French folk here could say its name.

Afinal sempre h� mais portugueses por aki do que seria de esperar!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Could it be that Toths underworld Amenti is real

If that be the case could orion's belt be heaven...
God could be an alien

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Inf0rm3r]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There is a tunnel in Atlanta.

It goes from Underground Atlanta north to Marietta during the war of northern aggression we put gold in the tunnel and then blew the tunnel up that way the north would not get our valuables. Up around Cumberland Mall Georgia Power uses this tunnel for power transmission lines. There are also rumors of a tunnel system connecting Ft McPherson and Ft Gilliam with Lockheed in Marietta. This tunnel system is just a rumor. I do know that the tunnel from Underground Atlanta north is a Fact.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join