It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Instrumentality Project vs Living in this world (What is your choice?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Human Instrumentality Project: Artificial evolution of mankind, because according to the Dead Sea Scrolls humanity has reached its evolutionary potential.

The ultimate goal of the project is to break down the walls that separate humanity into individuals—the AT Fields. According to SEELE, this will supplement and evolve humanity into a single-form organism where all Souls are one, and are therefore content. This unified state is believed to be a nirvana without rejection, loneliness, pain, or suffering, where one's weaknesses are complemented by another's strengths. The project is therefore the New Genesis that the series revolves around, an effort to evolve humanity into a singular consciousness via the use of the Sephiroth System (see Tree of Life). While some perceive this as elevating humanity into a being equal to God, others see it as the indiscriminate death or genocide of mankind.

Free will:

-Instrumentality allows people to retain a degree of individuality and their own world.
-There are many such worlds, enough for each person or group of intermingled persons to have a place to call their own
-The person or persons within such a world have complete control of its contents, though this control may be unconscious
-Connection with others can be refused at least to some extent so a degree of privacy is still possible, as is death if people choose to allow themselves to cease existing.

Human Instrumentality Project scene from EOE: (May contain: violence and/or very minor sexually suggestive themes) This is a great video about the end of the world done in Anime style. Basically humanity screwed up past the point of return. BTW this is the actual song that was played during this scene, it's not an edit.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Alyssa because: Title flaw

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Considering I have always lived in the real world I guess this is where I will stay until such time as my contract has expired.
I have gotten quite good at this real world stuff too!
I don't need jesus nor aliens to save me either!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
Considering I have always lived in the real world I guess this is where I will stay until such time as my contract has expired.
I have gotten quite good at this real world stuff too!
I don't need jesus nor aliens to save me either!

So you don't wish to evolve beyond this boring human limitation?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa

Im not sure why you call this boring, i love life.

Until im shown a better alternative, im quite happy to live my wonderful life with my caring, supportive family, beautiful wife and amazing daughter. Not sure why i would want to "join" together and lose a part of what i am in order to be more of..........someone else?

Not sure really what your suggesting would happen if this project succeeded anyways. Would we become incoporeal? Immortal? Simply share a universal mind? Dont really think i want any of those things. An eternal existance would eventually become a brutal, crushing boredom. Can you imagine existing for trillions of years? I know i dont want to.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Very interesting concepts. Sounds very similar to all the religions of the world, to better ourselves and achieve a higher vibration or greater harmonics. Unfortunately we have inherited both sides of the equations, a factor that allows us to become either closer to the divine or further away. With each cycle of procreation the advancements in this equations among many other factors becomes ingrained in our collective identities. Among the chakras, I believe this concept is the 7th one, integration, the final advancement of the human race in terms of our collective evolution, where forgiveness was the last one to occur (Jesus). I wonder how the endless cycle of technological evolution will effect our evolution in the future (it already is effecting it, no question) but as technology becomes more advanced, will it ever cease to have an "off" button (the 'chain' that enslaves technology to mankind)?

I have watched Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 and I want to go through the series because I am too impatient to wait for 3.33 and the finale. Do you know where 2.22 leaves off in the series? or should I start from the beginning again?

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Alyssa

Boring?
Limitation?
Actually I am drinking some coffee here waiting for the wife to wake and we will go to the flea market today and grab some fruits and veggies for the week and do a bit of window shopping.
So I guess I am limited sort of, but bored never.
I actually enjoy my fat old broken self.
I built a glider rocking chair yesterday, I got bored!!

About life, if it aint broke, don't fix it I guess!
I hope you find some fun in yours!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Im not sure why you call this boring, i love life.

Until im shown a better alternative, im quite happy to live my wonderful life with my caring, supportive family, beautiful wife and amazing daughter. Not sure why i would want to "join" together and lose a part of what i am in order to be more of..........someone else?

Not sure really what your suggesting would happen if this project succeeded anyways. Would we become incoporeal? Immortal? Simply share a universal mind? Dont really think i want any of those things. An eternal existance would eventually become a brutal, crushing boredom. Can you imagine existing for trillions of years? I know i dont want to.

You'll be exist in a state beyond human understanding. In such an infinite state one can never be bored unless the decided to be.

Think of it like this:
During HIP you are all one while maintaining a degree of individuality. It's a form of existence we human simple can not understand. You can create your own universe or be any gender. Maybe you want something down to earth? Then create a world that's like the old one. This project allows simply for man to evolve into the next stage by means of complete unity. So many people get the wrong idea that spiritual unity means no more individuality. That is wrong. One still can have privacy and individuality except you're now connected much like the internet.

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
reply to post by Alyssa

Very interesting concepts. Sounds very similar to all the religions of the world, to better ourselves and achieve a higher vibration or greater harmonics. Unfortunately we have inherited both sides of the equations, a factor that allows us to become either closer to the divine or further away. With each cycle of procreation the advancements in this equations among many other factors becomes ingrained in our collective identities. Among the chakras, I believe this concept is the 7th one, integration, the final advancement of the human race in terms of our collective evolution, where forgiveness was the last one to occur (Jesus). I wonder how the endless cycle of technological evolution will effect our evolution in the future (it already is effecting it, no question) but as technology becomes more advanced, will it ever cease to have an "off" button (the 'chain' that enslaves technology to mankind)?

I have watched Evangelion 1.11 and 2.22 and I want to go through the series because I am too impatient to wait for 3.33 and the finale. Do you know where 2.22 leaves off in the series? or should I start from the beginning again?

I suggest starting the classic series from the beginning. Many scenes are different compared to the movie. Matter of fact what happens at the end of 2.22 never happened in the series

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Agreed!
I truly believe that is why I am in this human body for a time.
I believe that my immortal got bored with omnipotence and decided to take a vacation here in this body.
After I die and come back for another vacation, I'm coming back as a fly.
I will spend my life buzzing my best buddies nose one morning screwing with his sleep!

I let him know this already, so when he crushes me he can feel good about sending me to my next ...vacation from omnipotence!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You'll be exist in a state beyond human understanding. In such an infinite state one can never be bored unless the decided to be.

Not sure why you think thats true. Since not one living person has reached such a state, all you can do is hypothesize. You do not know this.

Think of it like this:
During HIP you are all one while maintaining a degree of individuality. It's a form of existence we human simple can not understand. You can create your own universe or be any gender. Maybe you want something down to earth? Then create a world that's like the old one. This project allows simply for man to evolve into the next stage by means of complete unity. So many people get the wrong idea that spiritual unity means no more individuality. That is wrong. One still can have privacy and individuality except you're now connected much like the internet.

If true, that sounds wonderful, but again, if im eternal, there is no reason to believe that after living for billions of years i would not simply want the peace of eternal rest. What if i cannot rest? Why do you claim to know how this all works when no one really does? Im not totally against this idea if it is done as you explain, but i simply have no reason to believe such a thing is possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Agreed!
I truly believe that is why I am in this human body for a time.
I believe that my immortal got bored with omnipotence and decided to take a vacation here in this body.

Funny you mention that, ive had very much the same idea for some time now.

What if we are immortal? We spend an eternity watching big bang after big bang. Travel the muliverse, seeing the all the wonders and glory it has to offer. We create and destroy to suit our whims. But eventually even that becomes old. How many billions of years can we do this for before a deep, all encompassing boredom sets in, even to our immortal mind.

Yet we cannot rest. Our only alternative to this soul-crushing boredom is to be "reborn" on some planet and forget, at least for a brief moment in the vastness of time who we really are. Maybe this life is simply a break. Maybe we shouldnt try too had to break free, because this is exactly where we want to be, if only for a moment.

And if this is true, think about how horrible the boredom must be for these immortals to take a shot at living life on this planet. While my life is great, others are not and suffer greatly from birth to death.

After I die and come back for another vacation, I'm coming back as a fly.
I will spend my life buzzing my best buddies nose one morning screwing with his sleep!

I let him know this already, so when he crushes me he can feel good about sending me to my next ...vacation from omnipotence!

Edit. To the OP. I just flagged your post. Its thought provoking and thats what i like, even if i am doubtful.
edit on 3-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

EXACTLY!!!
This is our rest, our vacation!
Enjoy it because when our body dies and we return to the...."office" all of our infinite information will come back to us and we remember exactly why we go do these little assignments!
Keep the fly in mind when you talk to friends, tell them.
Who knows, someday after your'e gone this may happen and it will freak em out.

Whether it was you or not.

top topics

join