It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

March 2, 2012: Largest Tornado Outbreak on Record?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?

Better cameras to capture the images, more capability to get close enough and know when to look for them. What these events look like from all angles was never really shown before. Digital imaging is giving us a much closer look.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ha..I'm glad I live on the west, rarely get tornaders... Hope folks in that region are aright tho

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Yeah this is all pretty unreal. The other day that F-4 twister in Southern Illinois touched down a quarter mile away from my best friends house. He said that town was leveled too. Yesterday my Aunt in Alabama was taking my other Aunt to the doctor and they ended up driving into that storm that spawned the twister there. They said it was hands down the worst storm they had been in. That is saying something because they have lived there all their lives for the most part and they have had several there. Thankfully everyone I know is OK. Kind of lucky though because both Aunts worked at the Prison in Huntsville that got hit. Not sure but the last time I was up there a high school was destroyed by a Tornado, I wonder if its the same one that got hit that day because I know they rebuilt it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I just want to note something in support of the OP on this.....and confusion in so many saying this is normal and it's that time of year and so on. Well, Yes it IS that time of year..or it's starting into it, anyway. No...There is nothing new about high level tornadoes in those areas. In fact a "This day in history" note I'd seen on one of the weather related sites yesterday had a note about an 1800's F-4 in the same area. The Louisville area, is where I believe I'd seen that little tidbit.

So none of that is all that weird or even unusual. However, what everyone from the National Weather Service to the Weather Channel and down to CNN and the rest of the Weathertainment people on Cable news have ALL said is the sheer wide spread nature of the event coupled with the violence of the storms IS something quite different and set apart from the average roaring spring Tornado season.

There are other threads, and I'd made one where I did show the National Warning/Watch map as a saved image from around the height of things and just after Henryville was initially hit. That is a coverage for Tornado watch and especially warning I've never seen in my life. I'm sure it's happened SOMEWHERE in the long history.....but not that I was alive to see and recall. Not for pure map area covered at that high level, at the same time.

This could be a WILD spring. Let's not ignore the unusual or warning signs in the race to debunk everything that comes up. Just my thought on the enormous Tornado outbreak.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Does no one remember last year when there was 100+ tornadoes in one-two days?

I'm not trying to downplay this one. They are both horribly tragic events, and everyone should pray for the people involved.
I'm just curious if anyone remembers that day in 2011?
I haven't seen an exact number that occurred yesterday. just "enormous amount."

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I don't understand why people will not use FACTS to determine how bad one of these tornado outbreaks is!

You can go to www.spc.noaa.gov... and look at the reports, and compare them to any other day.

Here is March 2nd, 2012. www.spc.noaa.gov...

Here is Super Tuesday, February 5th, 2008. www.spc.noaa.gov...

You can look at archived storm reports going back as far as they've been kept.

February 5th, 2008; one month earlier than yesterday, 131 tornado reports compared to 101 yesterday.

Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of preconceived notions and conspiracy theory...

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Does no one remember last year when there was 100+ tornadoes in one-two days?

I'm not trying to downplay this one. They are both horribly tragic events, and everyone should pray for the people involved.
I'm just curious if anyone remembers that day in 2011?
I haven't seen an exact number that occurred yesterday. just "enormous amount."

Actually, on April 27, 2011, There was 292 tornado reports,

www.spc.noaa.gov...

That day had 2 EF-5 tornadoes (first time since 1990 to have 2 EF-5s in one day), and 8 EF-4s. That is an order of magnitude probably 3 times more severe than yesterday, March 2, 2012.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

lol I asked one question. Does no one remember that day in 2011?
I thank you for the links and statistics you provided. I'm just curious how many there were on that day in 2011.

Thanks, I see you answered it while I was typing.
edit on 3-3-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I didnt say that weather disasters are ALL HAARP..... Dont be stupid and ignorant. Do research into Scalar Physics and the Ionosphere before you claim HAARP does nothing.

You Know Not What You Speak Of.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please check out my thread about the destruction of West Liberty, Ky

It is just a few miles from me

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
What infuriates me is, now a bunch of scammers are going to come to the area. People pretending to be carpenters/construction companies. They go to places like this, give an estimate, say they have to have at least half the cost up front for materials, then disappear with the money. Should be hunted down and .... Well you get the idea. If you have friends or family in any of these areas, tell them to watch out for these scum.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Please people, this is all NORMAL. Also to note that birds do die from exsposure to loud noises such as fireworks, Those bird die offs were NORMAL. Don't worry your LITTLE heads and ignore the strange noises you hear in the air. More and More of this stuff will occur, but that IS NORMAL. Ignore the tornado outside, it's NORMAL. Don't worry your LITTLE heads and put back on the tin foil hat. Sit back and relax and ENJOY the show.
We will be exsperiencing technical difficulties due to the sun, but this is all NORMAL. Sit back and enjoy the night sky with fireballs rainning from space as we enter the galactic plane. This will all be NORMAL. Ignore coverage of animal die offs and volcanic eruptions or shakes in the night. ALL THIS, IS JUST NORMAL.
SHEEPLE, trust me. IT'S NORMAL.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

I didnt say that weather disasters are ALL HAARP..... Dont be stupid and ignorant. Do research into Scalar Physics and the Ionosphere before you claim HAARP does nothing.

You Know Not What You Speak Of.

Oh really?

I know exactly what HAARP is and what it can do. It can theoretically cause minor changes in the jet stream, but it certainly is not linked to Nexrad radar and it can't "create tornadoes and severe weather" on the mesoscale, or even synoptic scale.

The main purpose of HAARP is military communications over the horizon.

edit on 3-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

HAARP Induced..... Also not to take away from this disaster/ attack. But my country also got hit with HAARP yesterday quite bad. The news referred to it as a "Weather Bomb"

www.stuff.co.nz...

This is Weaponized Geo-Engineering. Please care this science is legit and the U.S Airforce lie about HAARP's purpose.

Your article provided nothing (and neither did you) to back your baseless accusation that HAARP created a "weather bomb".

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Please, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
More f-5 ravaging tornadic activities to come. If i am right by guessing the geese around here, i would say we are in for more of a repeat. The only thing good about all this is that the geese seem to be attracted to MN for some reason. NUM, lots of feathery friends to cook up.
They acting funny lately. Lots of excess honking while they on the ground and won't shut up.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Um...there is a school bus...lodged in the side of that building.

A school bus.

Cripes...I hope the worst is behind these battered folks.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

Lots of excess honking while they on the ground and won't shut up

They're nesting. They do that every year here in Florida. They arrive, and they are nice for about 3 weeks or so, and then they get territorial and aggressive. They are also Federally Protected, so better not cook any up!

We actually have to shut down sidewalks and entrances to our building, because wherever the female decides to nest, that becomes a Federally protected breeding ground.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by cloaked4u

Lots of excess honking while they on the ground and won't shut up

They're nesting. They do that every year here in Florida. They arrive, and they are nice for about 3 weeks or so, and then they get territorial and aggressive. They are also Federally Protected, so better not cook any up!

We actually have to shut down sidewalks and entrances to our building, because wherever the female decides to nest, that becomes a Federally protected breeding ground.

They do not do nesting in march, in MN. sorry. Maybe it has something to do with the weird weather, I'm sorry, the NORMAL weather we are having where f-5 tornadoes throw school buses thru houses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join